About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-0
An ultra-compact receiver
An ultra-compact receiver
Minimalism can be a good thing. The ultra-compact PMX-0 marine digital media receiver doesn't have a CD player or a built-in amp, so it can fit into the tightest spaces. But when you connect it to a marine amplifier to power your system, you'll get maximum sound quality.
Add your amp and enjoy your music
Once you've hooked up an amp, the PMX-0 will give you the functionality you'd expect from a digital media receiver, including built-in Bluetooth® audio streaming for both Apple® and Android® devices. Simple Secure Pairing, or SSP, makes it easy to pair up and crank it up.
You can also plug a music player into the rear AUX or USB inputs and enjoy your stored music. The USB jack will also come in handy for installing firmware and Bluetooth software updates.
Easy to operate
The big, waterproof rotary volume control is easy to find and use, even when you're wearing gloves. If you've installed a sub, the front-panel sub controls allow you to adjust your bass on the fly. Backlit control buttons make it easy to choose the right tunes for a midnight run. And, when you're paired up, you can use your phone's voice commands, too.
This IPX6-rated receiver is made for marine and off-road use, with a durable front panel that stands up to moisture, dust, and sunlight. Inside, there's a coated circuit board that's water-resistant, too.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Amp note: This receiver does not have a built-in amplifier. You will need to connect it to a marine amplifier to power your system.
iPod®/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- no built-in amplifier (external marine-rated amp required)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming (will not make calls)
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- plays MP3/WMA/WAV files
- inputs: rear AUX input and USB input (with 1A charging)
- outputs: front, rear, and sub preouts
- compatible with optional wired remotes
Other Features and Specs:
- IPX-6 front panel for excellent water resistance
- backlit LED buttons
- compact chassis
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-0
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver
- Self-adhesive foam gasket
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation & Operation booklet
Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 reviews
Really easy to install sounds great
Pros: Really easy to install sounds good easy to Bluetooth to
Cons: Not as many features as the more expensive ones
0 of 0 found this helpful
The design was great simple and the quality of the exterior was better than expected. But the inside are just horrible pure garbage. You get a real bad sound out of this device that you won't expect to get out of RockFord Fosgate product, or a least you expect more from them the sound the is deliver out of this item. It's something like you expect to get out of Local auto parts house brand radios The 2v Pre amp is as low and chip you can't get and even adding a line drive, i had to raise the volume to the top to get it loud enough. At that point the sound was all ready to distorted add and 11 band alpine equalizer and nothing help the fact the sound process of the unit it self was so bad on any way you can connect the audio source from BT or aux input All this was test on set of 4 speaker & tweeter Alpine Type R 6 1/2 power by a V12 Alpine 4 Chanel and 2 10" JL Audio W3 and power by alpine v12 Amp with good power cables and brand new monster RCA's Bottom Line if you looking for a good Bluetooth and Aux audio receiver with high quality sound this is not it. But if you don't care about the audio quality and can get away with less then mediocre sound and looking for a good compact design BT audio receiver, then this is it
Pros: Compact and Design
Cons: Everything in the inside 2v Pre Amp signals
4 of 4 found this helpful
For the money, this is the most bang for the buck. I used this on one of my music cooler builds. Small, compact size, and being affordable among the choices available with Rockford Fosgate quality are all nice qualities I like about it.
Pros: Affordable, compact size, simple/easy to control, and switch between music sources
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-0
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||N/C|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||N/A|
Element Ready: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 series ultra-compact digital media receiver is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration. The PMX-0 has been fully tested against UV radiation degradation, as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. Rockford Fosgate also fully tested this unit for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure it can take a bump and keep performing.
- IPX6 Water Resistant: The front-panel is IPX6 rated for water spray intrusion. An IPX6 rating allows for the the unit to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion. It also passed ASTM B117 testing standards, so it can withstand the harsh salt water environment.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used on the front-panel for UV radiation resistance and other external components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: The receiver has been tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Dust Proof: The unit's front-panel and chassis are sealed up tight to protect them from dust & dirt, no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- Vibration Protected: The PMX-0 has been subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to Rockford's stringent standards.
6Ch/2V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 is outfitted with 6-channel, 2-volt pre-outs for Front, Rear, Sub. The sub output offers independent level control from the unit's main volume.
Note: This unit does not feature a built-in amplifier. An external amplifier will be required and sold separately.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-0 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. The unit does not support advanced music browsing or song/artist info display.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source.
USB Charging Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB-A port (5V/1A) for charging purposes only, so you can charge your smartphone device. The USB port does not support audio playback.
Water-Resistant Rotary Control Knob: Control is provided through a front-panel water resistant rotary encoder knob and white LED backlit buttons. You can select between two brightness levels for the button illumination.
Mounting Options: The marine receiver requires a 2" round cutout in the bulkhead. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the wired remote in place against the mounting surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 2.0" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 2.25" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.125" (w) x 2.625" (h) x 1.5"
Wiring Harness: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-0 is features an attached wiring harness with +12V Constant (Yellow), +12V Switched (Red), Ground (Black), and Amp Turn-On (Blue/White) wires. The +12V Constant wire has an inline 3A fuse installed.
2 questions already asked