About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-1R
Multi-zone convenience, plus a color screen
Multi-zone convenience, plus a color screen
This PMX-1R wired marine remote gives you convenience and control, plus a rich color screen. Designed to work with Rockford Fosgate PMX-5 and PMX-8BB marine receivers, this multi-zone remote lets you control your music from wherever you are on the boat.
Album art looks terrific on the 2.7" full-color screen, so it's easy for you and your crew to find just the right music without squinting down into a tiny LED display. The remote's face is IPX6-certified for water resistance, so you won't need to worry in bad weather or choppy conditions. The backlit LED buttons make the PMX-1R easy to use, day or night.
In most cases, you will need a Rockford Fosgate extension cable (sold separately). They're available in various lengths to suit your boat.
- marine-rated wired remote
- 2.7" color screen
- multi-zone control
- works with select Rockford Fosgate PMX marine receivers
- controls subwoofer settings
- receiver illumination control
- waterproof rotary volume knob
- back-lit LED buttons
- IPX6-certified front panel
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-1R
What's in the box:
- Marine wired remote
- Metal plate
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-head nuts
- Installation/Operation Manual
Rockford Fosgate PMX-1R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-1R
Compatibility: The PMX-1R is a marine certified wired remote controller for Rockford Fosgate's PMX-8BB, PMX-5 or PMX-2 marine receivers (sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately). Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series marine remote has been fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. It is also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure it can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-1R is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display & motor structure is sealed up tight to protect it against dirt, dust, and grime.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Applications: The PMX-1R is designed for marine and motorsports systems.
Optically Bonded LCD: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-1R features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen.
Water Resistant Controls: The PMX-1R uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature backlit LED illumination. Control functions include:
- Rotary Knob: This knob is for adjusting main volume, zone volumes, menu navigation, and setting adjustments.
- Power/Source Button: This button powers the unit On or Off. It is also used to switch between sources.
- Play/Pause: This button is used to start or pause playback.
- Seek Buttons: Use these buttons to fast forward/rewind through a track or to skip to a previous/next track.
- Menu Button: This button give you access to the main settings of the unit and active source.
- SUB Buttons: These two buttons allow you to adjust the sub out up or down from 0-20.
- Brightness Button: Select between two brightness settings.
Mounting Options: The marine wired remote control requires a 3" round cutout in the bulkhead (fits standard 3" gauge openings). Four machine screws and mounting bracket fasten the unit against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket and metal plate against the bulkhead. The included trim-ring hides the mounting screws for a neat installation.
Dimensions: The marine remote has the following dimensions:
- Diameter: 3"
- Depth: 4.25"
- Width: 4.575"
- Height: 4.205"
- Depth: 1.25"
- Trim Ring:
- Width: 4.455"
- Height: 4.095"
- Depth: 0.675"
- Screw Hole Pattern: The wired remote has two mounting
holes across the top of the face-plate, and two holes on the bottom of the
faceplate for securing the unit to the bulkhead.
- Width (Top & Bottom): 4.035"
- Height (Between Top and Bottom Row): 3.505
- Screw Mounting Depth: 0.75"
8 questions already asked