About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-8DH
A compact controller
Rockford Fosgate designed the PMX-8DH wired controller to work with their PMX-8BB hide-away "black box” digital media receiver. This controller installs on your dash (or elsewhere), giving you convenient, intuitive control of the receiver's many features.
5" color TFT display
The ultra-bright 5" color TFT display is easy to read, even in sunlight, and the water-resistant rotary encoder knob and illuminated white LED buttons make it easy to access and control receiver functions. The illuminated front panel also features convenient controls for adjusting your marine sub, along with a composite video input.
Made for marine use
The controller is IPX6-rated for water resistance and sports a conformal-coated circuit board that resists spray and moisture. To keep dust and moisture out, the screen is wet-bonded, a process that involves placing an epoxy layer between the display and the cover glass. This process bonds the two together and eliminates the air gap, so you can use this controller in rough weather without a worry.
- marine remote with 5" color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display
- works with PMX-8BB "black box" digital media receiver
- two-piece mounting system to secure panel to mounting surface
- water-resistant rotary volume control
- white LED button illumination
- front panel subwoofer control
- direct composite video input connection
- epoxy-coated circuit board
- IPX6 water intrusion rating
- cutout diameter: 7.125"W x 4.735"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-8DH
What's in the box:
- Wired remote control (w/ integrated LCD)
- 10' DIN cable
- Trim bezel
- Mounting plate
- Installation/Operation Manual
Rockford Fosgate PMX-8DH reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-8DH
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||0|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||N/A|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||N/A|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Compatibility: Designed specifically for use with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-8BB (575PMX8BB, sold separately), the PMX-8DH is a wired display head controller giving you access to all of the hide-away marine receiver's capabilities. The PMX-8DH connects to the PMX-8BB with the included 10' multi-pin DIN cable (cannot be used with an additional extension cable).
Element & Marine Ready: The Rockford PMX-8DH wired display controller is IPX6-rated for water spray intrusion protection and features a conformal PCB circuit board protecting vital electronics. The unit has also been subjected to 500 hours of testing under both the ASTM B117 and D4329 testing standards to make sure it will hold up under years of daily use exposed to the elements.
5" LCD Screen: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-8DH features a 5" ultra-bright color TFT display designed and chosen for its viewing ability even in full sunlight. The screen is optically wet-bonded to the bezel to prevent any dust or moisture penetration ensuring it stays clean and clear.
Front-Panel Controls: Access to the PMX-8DH's custom GUI interface is provided through the water resistant rotary encoder knob, and white LED backlit buttons allow you to easily adjust the illumination levels of the panel and provide instant sub level control at your fingertips. Front-panel controls include -
- Source (Power) Button: This button allows you to switch between sources and power the unit on and off.
- Backlit Rotary Encoder: This knob is for adjusting main volume, zone volumes, menu navigation and setting adjustments
- Sub Buttons: These buttons allow you to adjust the subwoofer output up or down (0-20).
- Menu/Back Button: This button gives you access to the main settings of the unit by long pressing. Short pressing will give you access to the settings for the active source. It also acts as an Back button when inside the Menu structure.
- Play/Pause Button: Pressing this button will play or pause your music. This button also acts as a Mute when the source is Aux or Tuner.
- Reverse/Forward Button: Use these buttons to skip back and forward through channels or tracks with a short press. Long pressing will activate manual seek mode.
- Dimmer/Zone Button: Long pressing this button will allow you to select between the two brightness values for the display. Short pressing this button provides access to selecting Zone settings for the source unit.
Composite Video Input: The PMX-8DH also features a composite video input for connecting a video source or camera system.
USB Input: The PMX-8DH's USB (type-A) input port is for firmware updates only.
Mounting Options: To mount the unit, you will need to find a flat surface with adequate clearance behind that provides enough clearance for the unit and all it's necessary wiring. Once you have determined a mounting location, you will need to cut a rectangular shaped hole in the panel. You can use the included mounting plate as a template or download a template off of www.rockfordfosgate.com. After the hole is cut, slide the unit and wiring into the hole. Then slide the mounting plate behind the panel and over the backside of the unit, while secure them both with the four supplied screws. You'll then press on the trim bezel on the front side of the unit to hide the screw holes. Last, plug in all wiring harnesses and cables.
Dimensions: Dimensions for chassis, front-panel, trim-bezel, and cutout.
- Overall: 8.025" (w) x 4.735" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Chassis: 7.015" (w) x 4.385" (h) x 1.125" (d)
- Front-Panel: 8.015" (w) x 4.725" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Trim-Bezel: 8.025" (w) x 4.735" (h) x 0.25" (d)
- Cutout Opening: 7.125" (w) x 4.5" (h) x 1.5" (d)
2 questions already asked