About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR
Control your tunes
This clever clamp-on steering wheel controller has built-in Bluetooth connectivity, so you can control the music you're listening to on your Apple® or Android smartphone without having to fiddle with the phone. This rugged, outdoor-ready controller attaches securely to a steering wheel or handlebar, so it's ideal for cars, trucks, boats, ATVs, golf carts, motorcycles, and more.
- works with Apple or Android smartphones
- mounts to your vehicle's steering wheel or handlebars
- all-weather design
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-BTUR
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth universal remote control
- Two CR2032 3V batteries (one installed/one spare)
- Rubber cover (pre-installed)
- Hard cover
- Steering wheel mount w/ hook-and-loop strap
- Hook-and-loop strip
- Installation & Operation booklet
Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR
Universal Bluetooth Remote: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR is a universal Bluetooth remote control designed for use with any audio system that utilizes a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) as a source having Bluetooth connectivity. The PMX-BTUR remote control allows you to adjust Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track on your compatible Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ mobile device. The PMX-BTUR features Bluetooth 4.0 to quickly and easily pair with your mobile device using a simple one-button pairing control. It has a wireless range of 32.8'.
Note: The PMX-BTUR can only be paired and connected to one mobile device at a time.
Element Ready: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration. The PMX-BTUR has been fully tested against UV radiation degradation, as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. Rockford Fosgate also fully tested this unit for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure it can take a bump and keep performing.
- IPX6 Water Resistant: The remote is IPX6 rated for water spray intrusion. An IPX6 rating allows for the the unit to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion. It also passed ASTM B117 testing standards, so it can withstand the harsh salt water environment.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used on the remote for UV radiation resistance and other external components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: The remote has been tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Dust Resistant: The universal Bluetooth remote is sealed up tight to protect them from dust & dirt, no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- Vibration Protected: The PMX-BTUR has been subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to Rockford's stringent standards.
Mounting Options: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR is designed for mobile, marine, motorsport and motorcycle applications. Two mounting options are included to install the universal Bluetooth remote control. There is a hand-held bezel and a steering wheel bezel featuring a velcro strap to easily secure the remote to a steering wheel. The inside of the steering wheel bezel features a ribbed, rubberized grip to keep the remote securely in place.
Battery Powered: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-BTUR is powered by a pre-installed CR2032 3V battery that is user replaceable. The battery provides up to 2 years of standby time. A spare battery is also included. After 15 seconds, if no buttons are pressed, the remote will automatically go into sleep mode to preserve battery life. To wake it back up, simply press any button on the remote.
LED Indicators: The PMX-BTUR universal Bluetooth remote features two status LEDs which indicate Pairing (Green) and Low Battery (Red).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked