About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-CAN
Create the control you crave
Create the control you crave
If you have a larger boat, you're definitely going to build a larger, more sophisticated stereo and electronics system. The PMX-CAN interface connects your Rockford Fosgate PMX-8BB "black box" marine receiver or Rockford Fosgate PMX-5CAN to a multi-function display (MFD) system that's part of your boat's NMEA2K network. You'll be able to control basic receiver functions directly from the MFD.
Works with NMEA2K
This module makes it easy to connect your receiver to a variety of NMEA2K MFD systems. The genius of the module is that it translates MFD system commands into something the receiver understands. You'll be able to control radio functions like power, volume and source selection, as well as source-specific functions for the radio, Bluetooth®, Pandora®, SiriusXM, and USB inputs. And you can do it all without leaving the helm.
Note: While many MFD's are directly compatible with the NMEA200 connection standard, some models (particularly older ones) may require additional items to be compatible. Please verify if additional hardware is required for your specific device.
- display interface module for NMEA2K systems
- connect a PMX-8BB or PMX-5CAN marine receiver to a multi-function display (MFD)
- designed to work with NMEA 2000 networks
- control radio functions like power, volume and source selection
- control source-specific functions like Bluetooth, Pandora, SiriusXM and devices connected to USB
- master and subwoofer/zone volume control
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-CAN
What's in the box:
- PMX-CAN interface module (attached 18" CAN-bus cable on one end and a 17" NMEA2000 cable on other end)
- 4 Screws
- Installation & Operation booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-CAN
PMX-CAN Interface: Larger marine entertainment systems are often centered around a multi-function display (MFD) unit using software configured using the NMEA2K standards. To better interface our PMX series of source units to these systems, Rockford Fosgate has created the PMX-CAN interface module.
Compatibility: The PMX-CAN interface allows interconnection between a Rockford Fosgate PMX-8BB or PMX-5CAN marine source unit and a Multi-Function Display (MFD) system using the NMEA2K entertainment standard. It's a simple plug-and-play design.
NMEA2K Translation: The PMX-CAN translates commands from the NMEA2K compatible MFD system into something the PMX-8BB understands allowing you to control the unit remotely while getting direct informational feedback regarding your audio selection and source.
Controls: This interface allows the you to control basic functions of the source unit directly from the MFD, as well as more advance functions and source specific options. This allows you to make changes and adjustment to the audio system without having to go the source unit itself.
- Power On/Off
- Input Source Selection
- Play/Pause, Track/Tune/Seek Up/Down Function
- Master/Subwoofer/Zone Volume Control
- Zone Source Selection, Renaming Capability
- Balance/Fade, EQ Preset Adjust, Filter Frequency Adjustment
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked