About the Rockford Fosgate Prime R150-2
Now you can get Rockford Fosgate performance at value prices. Prime Series amplifiers bring out your music's subtle details as they drive your speakers with the clean power you need to overcome road noise and fill your car with sound.
Rockford Fosgate designed Prime amps to deliver Power Output Without Excessive Regulation (POWER), which means they'll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. Your driver's seat will become your favorite place for listening when you add the clarity and impact of a Rockford Fosgate amp.
The R150-2 2-channel amp puts out 50 watts RMS per channel to your speaker system, or you can bridge it to supply 150 watts RMS to a sub. High- and low-pass filters and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch bass boost let you tune your speakers for maximum performance.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- high-pass filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- 7-3/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 12-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R150-2
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier with 20-amp fuse installed in chassis
- Additional 20-amp fuse
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation/Operation Manual (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- Amplifier Verification Certificate
Rockford Fosgate Prime R150-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R150-2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave Butterworth|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave Butterworth|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate R150-2 Prime 150 watt 2-channel amplifier is designed to power a set of full-range or component speakers. The amplifier can also be bridged to power a single subwoofer.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Rockford Fosgate R150-2 Prime's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
- Two-Channel (4-ohm): 50 watts RMS x 2-channel in 4-ohm @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
- Two-Channel (2-ohm): 75 watts RMS x 2-channel in 4-ohm @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
- Bridged (4-ohm): 150 watts RMS x 1-channel in 4-ohm
MOSFET Power: The Rockford R150-2 is equipped with a MOSFET power supply and output stage for good sound, efficiency and dependability.
LED Indicators: The Rockford Fosgate amplifier is equipped with two side-mounted LED indicators.
- Power LED: This LED illuminates green when the unit is turned on.
- Protect LED: This LED illuminates red if a short circuit or too low of an impedance is detected at the speaker connections. The amplifier will automatically shut don if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted upside down or in an engine compartment (this will void your warranty).
Gain Control: The amplifier's gain control is preset to match the output of most source units. The gain control can be adjusted from 150mV to 8V.
Crossovers: The amplifier features a Crossover Switch which allows you to select Full-Range, High-Pass, or Low-Pass.
- Full-Range: The full-range setting allows all frequencies (20-20kHz) to pass through the amplifier from your connected headunit to your connected speakers.
- High-Pass: The high-pass setting is fixed and allows only frequencies above 80Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
- Low-Pass: The low-pas setting is variable and allows only frequencies below 50-250Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
Punch Bass: This is a Punch bass control on the amplifier that is adjustable up to 12dB at a fixed 45Hz.
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 AWG power/ground wire (up to 1/2" spade or ring-style connector).
Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire (up 3/8" spade or ring-style connector). This terminal is used to remotely turn-on and turn-off the amplifier when +12V DC is applied, when connected to your headunit's remote turn-on lead. .
Speaker Terminals: The four speaker terminals (left +/- and right +/-) are heavy duty, nickel-plated screw-terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire (up to 3/8" spade or ring-style connectors).
RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for signal level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
RCA Output Jacks: This pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cable from the front of your vehicle to the rear amplifier location. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
Fuse: The amplifier is equipped with one installed 20-amp ATC fuse. The amplifier also comes supplied with a spare 20-amp fuse.