About the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12
Rockford Fosgate's Prime Series loaded sub enclosures let you put big bass in your car without taking a big hit to your bank account. These tough-as-nails sealed boxes feature 5/8"-thick medium-density fiberboard construction and heavy-duty black carpeting for protection. Rockford Fosgate used their Loudspeaker Enclosure Analysis Program to create an enclosure that'll draw every ounce of bass out of its two subs.
The R1L-2X12 sealed loaded enclosure comes with two Prime 4-ohm 12" subs, and handles up to 300 watts RMS. Each Prime sub features a polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround, and the subs are matched to the enclosure for accurate bass that just won't quit.
- sealed hatchback-style enclosure with two 12" Prime subwoofers
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 100-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 31-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- 34-1/16"W x 14-1/8"H x 12-1/4"D1 x 7-1/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year (woofers only)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R1L-2X12
What's in the box:
- Sealed enclosure with two loaded 12" woofers
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||7-1/8|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||31-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate R1L-2X12 Dual Prime 12" 300 Watt Loaded Enclosure features high current binding posts, 5/8" MDF construction and is finished with high density carpet. The R1L-2X12 produces accurate, loud, and punchy bass.
Enclosure: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12 features a sealed enclosure constructed of 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). The enclosure is covered with high density black carpeting. The sealed enclosure features high current compression terminals on the left side of the box (when facing the woofers). The enclosure's terminals will accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire. The two loaded woofer's are wired in parallel to present a 2-ohm to your connected amplifier at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
Woofers: The R1L-2X12 features two loaded Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S412 woofers. The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S412 is a 12-inch, 4-ohm single voice coil subwoofer. The Rockford Fosgate Prime subwoofer features a solid stamped steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, and a Parabolic polypropylene cone. The Prime R1S412 subwoofer is optimized for sealed enclosures.
- Parabolic Polypropylene Cone Design: The Parabolic Polypropylene cone design results in solid bass reproduction.
- Aluminum Voice Coils: The Rockford Fosgate Prime subwoofer uses anodized aluminum voice coil formers that provide excellent heat dissipation. The woofer's aluminum voice coils keep the speaker running cool, even under demanding conditions. Unlike traditional plastic substitutions, aluminum acts like a heat-sink to quickly dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil. This keeps subwoofers cool during high SPL conditions.
- Stamped Steel Basket: The R1S412 subwoofer features a stamped steel basket for added rigidity.
- Compression Terminals: The Prime R1S412 features spring post terminals which accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire.
- CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S412 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
Manual: No paperwork is included in the box, but the manual is available on Rockford Fosgate's web site.