About the Rockford Fosgate R600X5
Rockford Fosgate power for your whole system
Rockford Fosgate power for your whole system
Rockford Fosgate performance in a rugged package – the Prime Series R600X5 5-channel amp can drive 4 speakers with 50 watts RMS each, while powering a subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS. Not worried about your rear speakers? You can bridge the amp to 2-channel mode to drive a pair of high-performance components with 150 watts RMS each, while still sending that 300 watts to a sub. You can use the high- and low-pass filters and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch boost to get maximum performance from your speakers and sub. And speaker-level inputs let you hook this amp up to almost any system, even a factory stereo.
Rugged performance and value
The R600X5's heavy cast-aluminum chassis efficiently draws damaging heat away from its internal components, ensuring reliable, long-term play. The amp's built-in sensors keep track of the output current and power supply temperature, ensuring that plunging impedances (they change constantly during play) or even a short circuit won't hurt anything. Your driver's seat will become your favorite place for listening to music once this Prime amp goes to work.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
Front and rear channels:
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable Punch EQ bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class AB amp technology
- variable low-pass filter, always engaged (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class D amp technology
- remote Punch level control included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 80-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 13-1/4"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R600X5
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Remote Punch Level Control module
- 18' Remote Punch Level Control cable (RJ-25 connector on both ends)
- Two 6" Speaker level input harnesses
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
Rockford Fosgate R600X5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate R600X5
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R600X5 is a 5-channel amplifier, with full range two 2-channel amps and a mono subwoofer amp built into one chassis. The front and rear amps are class A/B with identical but independent controls (gain, crossover, Punch EQ). The subwoofer amp is class D with its own gain, crossover, phase, and Punch EQ controls. The front and rear channels are bridgeable, so the amp can also be used in 4-channel or 3-channel modes.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R600X5's power ratings and signal to noise ratio are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). This allows you to accurately compare these specifications for all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- 4 Ohms: 50 watts RMS x 4 plus 200 watts RMS x 1, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- 2 Ohms: 75 watts RMS x 4 plus 300 watts RMS x 1, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- Bridged: 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N (front and rear channels only)
- S/N: 80 dB, measured at 1 watt output (100 dB measured at rated power)
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with an LED power/protect indicator. The LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. It illuminates red if the thermal or short circuit protection circuit is engaged, and the amplifier will automatically turn off.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
Gain Controls: The front, rear, and subwoofer amplifier channels have independent gain controls. Each rotary control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 4V when using the RCA inputs, 450mV to 12V when using the speaker level inputs.
Remote Punch Level Control: The R600X5 includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, linked to the gain control of the subwoofer amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the sub from the dash or center console. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and an 18' cable.
Note: The Remote Punch Level Control measures approximately 1-3/4" wide (2-5/8" including the mounting flange) x 3/4" high x 1-5/8" deep (2-1/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
Crossover: Each section of the amplifier has independent crossover controls:
- Front: low-pass, high-pass, or full-range; 12 dB/octave slope; crossover point continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz
- Rear: low-pass, high-pass, or full-range; 12 dB/octave slope; crossover point continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz
- Subwoofer: low-pass, always engaged; 12 dB/octave slope; crossover point continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz
Punch EQ: Each section of the amplifier also has independent Punch EQ controls:
- Front: 0 (flat), +6 dB, or +12 dB; centered at 45 Hz
- Rear: 0 (flat), +6 dB, or +12 dB; centered at 45 Hz
- Subwoofer: adjustable from 0 (flat) to +12dB; centered at 45Hz
Phase: The subwoofer amp has a 2-position phase switch to allow you to easily reverse the output phase of the amplifier, choose 0° or 180° to match the rest of your vehicle's speaker system.
- 2-CH: when using only the front inputs
- 4-CH: when using the front and rear inputs
- 5-CH: when using the front, rear, and sub inputs
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 gauge power and ground wires.
Fuse: An external 80-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with a 80-amp fuse.
Remote Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
Speaker Terminals: The five pair of speaker outputs are nickel-plated set screw terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire.
RCA Input Jacks: Front, rear, and subwoofer RCA input jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level inputs. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
Speaker Level Input: Two speaker level input harnesses are included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is used with the included Remote Punch Level Control.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
14 questions already asked