About the Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D
Rockford Fosgate packs more power per square inch into their Prime Class D amps than almost any other amplifier made, so you can put more music power in your vehicle's limited space. Your bass will hit loud and clear with one of these reliable and cool-running amps. The versatile R750-1D puts out 250 watts RMS to a 4-ohm sub, but will crank out 750 watts RMS when it's running a 1-ohm subwoofer setup.
Clean power, extensive controls
Rockford Fosgate designed this Prime amp to deliver Power Output Without Excessive Regulation (POWER), which means it'll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. Low-pass and subsonic filters, along with Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch bass boost, let you tune your subs for maximum performance, so your driver's seat will become your favorite place to pick up the beat. And, speaking of the driver's seat, you can hook up an optional wired remote knob to get fingertip control over this amp's bass impact.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (15-40 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- included wired remote Punch Level Control
- Class-D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-250 Hz
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-1/8"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R750-1D
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Punch Level Control module
- 16.5' Punch Level Control cable terminated by an RJ25 connector on each end
- 2 Small self-tapping screws (1/2" length)
- 4 Large self-tapping screws (1-1/2" length)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Installation & Operation Manual (Eng / Spa / Fre / Ger / Ita)
- Amplifier Verification Certificate
Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
250 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D is a mono Class D amplifier. It is optimized to power subwoofers, and 1-ohm stable. The Class D design is very efficient with a cast aluminum heatsink to keep it in a small footprint. The amplifier has 85% average efficiency at 4-ohms or 2-ohms, and 80% at 1-ohm.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R750-1D's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The RMS power output is as follows (measured with a 14.4 volt input, <1% THD+N, 20 Hz-250 Hz):
- 4-Ohm: 250 watts x 1
- 2-Ohm: 500 watts x 1
- 1-Ohm: 750 watts x 1
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with a top-mounted LED indicator which illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. The LED illuminates red when a protection circuit engages (short circuit or too low an impedance is detected at the speaker connections). The amplifier automatically turns off if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically, horizontally, or inverted using the supplied mounting screws; horizontal mounting (right side up) will provide the best cooling.
Controls: The R750-1D has the following top-mounted controls:
- Gain Control: a rotary gain control that can be adjusted from 1 to 11
- Low Pass Filter: a 12 dB/octave Butterworth low pass filter with a crossover point variable from 50 Hz to 250 Hz
- Infrasonic Filter: a variable 15-40Hz, 12 dB/octave infrasonic filter designed to prevent frequencies below the audio range from being applied to the subwoofer
- Punch EQ: a rotary bass boost control, centered at 45 Hz, from 0 dB to +18 dB
Remote Punch Level Control: The amplifier includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, which is linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console of your vehicle. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and a 16.5' connector cable.
Terminals: The amplifier features heavy duty, nickel-plated set-screw terminals. The set screws can be tightened or loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench. The terminals include:
- Power/Ground: will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire
- Remote Turn-On: will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire
- Speaker Terminals: will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. Two Positive (+) and Negative (-) terminals are provided for installation flexibility. Both terminals are wired in parallel internally.
Fuses: The amplifier does not have on-board fuses. A 60A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
RCA Input Jack: The RCA input jacks are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The nickel-plated RCA pass-thru jack provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked