About the Rockford Fosgate RFKHD
Adding an amp to your Harley?
Adding an amp to your Harley?
If you want to get the best possible sound from your Harley's Rockford Fosgate speakers, you'll need a compact, powerful amp. And if you're adding an amp, you'll need Rockford Fosgate's RFKHD amp installation kit.
This custom kit, which contains a mounting plate, heat sink, and wiring kit, lets you install a Rockford Fosgate Punch or Power amplifier in select Road Glide® or Street Glide® models. Upgraded cables provide the necessary current and voltage requirements for the amplifier, and the heat-sink keeps things cool when you're pushing your system hard.
- custom amp kit for for 1998-up Road Glide and Street Glide models
- works with compact Rockford Fosgate Punch PBR or Power amplifiers
- includes Road Glide and Street Glide mounting brackets
- cable meets or exceeds AWG (American Wire Gauge) requirements
- speaker adapter plugs work with 1998-up motorcycles
- easy to install
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RFKHD
What's in the box:
- Amp mounting plate/heat sink
- 3 Road Glide brackets (2 for 1998-2013 / 1 for 2015-up)
- Street Glide bracket
- Power cable assembly with 5' 8-gauge power/ground wire (in-line fuse holder on power wire with 60A Maxi fuse inserted) and 15" remote wire
- 10' Rear cable assembly
- Output adapter cable (Two 12" lengths)
- Input adapter cable (Two 6" lengths)
- Front input cable (19" length)
- Front output cable (22" length)
- 4 Rubber spacers
- Eight 20" plastic wire ties
- 2 M5 x 15mm hex washer head bolts (requires 8mm socket)
- 4 M5 x 18mm socket countersunk screws (requires 3mm Allen wrench)
- 2 M5 flange nuts
- 2 M4 x 7mm button head bolts (requires 2.5mm Allen wrench)
- 2 M4 x 18mm set screws (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- 6 M3 x 8mm socket countersunk screws (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- Installation Kit Wiring Diagram
Rockford Fosgate RFKHD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate RFKHD
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate RFKHD is an amplifier wiring and mounting kit for installing select Rockford Fosgate amplifiers on certain 1998 and up Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The kit includes precut lengths of power, ground, turn-on, and speaker wire, plus mounting brackets and hardware. The wiring and mounting kit will support 2-speaker and 4-speaker systems.
Motorcycle Compatibility: The RFKHD contains a mounting plate, heatsink, and wiring kit for installing the above listed amplifiers onto select 1998 and later Harley-Davidson Street Glide and Road Glide models; specially designed brackets are included for 1998-2013 Street Glide, 1998-2013 Road Glide, 2014 and later Street Glide, and 2015 and later Road Glide models. These brackets have pre-drilled holes that allow you to bolt them to the chassis using the OEM mounting holes. The included wire harnesses are pre-loomed and terminated to use the OEM connectors.
Wiring: The cables included in the RFKHD use 100% Pure Crystal-Oxygen Free Copper (PC-OFC), and meet or exceed AWG (American Wire Gauge) requirements. The wires are terminated with the appropriate hardware. The wiring kit includes the following wires and harnesses:
- Power Cable Assembly: The Power Cable assembly includes 5' lengths of 8-gauge power and ground wire, and a 15" amp turn-on wire. The power wire has an in-line Maxi fuse holder with a 60A Maxi fuse installed. The power/ground wires are terminated with ring terminals.
- Rear Cable Assembly: The Rear Cable assembly consists of two 10' cables: Rear Input and Rear Output. The Rear Input has a 4-pin Molex connector on one end and male quick slides on the other ends of the color-coded left +, left -, right + and right - wires. (If installing a 2-channel system, this cable is not needed.)
- Front Input Cable: The 19" Front Input Cable connects between the front speaker outputs of the head unit and the amplifier input. It has two proprietary connectors on one end, and a 4-pin Molex connector on the other end. When installing on a 1998-2013 model Harley-Davidson, the Input Adapters (below) will be needed.
- Input Adapters: The Input Adapters are also for 1998-2013 models, and consist of two 6" lengths of speaker wire that extend between the Front Input cables (proprietary terminals) and the front speaker wires (quick slides).
- Front Output Cable: The 22" Front Output Cable connects between the amplifier output and the front speakers. It has two proprietary connectors on one end, and a 4-pin Molex connector on the other end. When installing on a 1998-2013 model Harley-Davidson, the Output Adapters (below) will be needed.
- Output Adapters: The Output Adapters are for 1998-2013 models, and consist of two 12" lengths of speaker wire that extend between the Front Output cables (proprietary terminals) and the front speakers (quick slides).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked