About the Rockford Fosgate RFPEQU
Put some Punch in your system
Put some Punch in your system
Rockford Fosgate's RFPEQU universal Punch EQ restores the sparkle and impact to your music that road noise usually covers up. Developed over thirty years ago for their popular Punch amplifiers, Rockford Fosgate now brings you this handy remote EQ system in a universal, stand-alone version that works with almost any aftermarket car amplifier.
It's a line output converter and a high-voltage line driver, too
This 2-channel treble/bass booster accepts either RCA or speaker-level inputs, so you can use it with your car's factory receiver. Whether taking a low- or high-level input, the RFPEQU creates a hefty output (up to 10 volts), guaranteeing a strong and clean signal for your amplifier to handle.
- 2-channel universal remote Punch EQ
- remote knob and 16.5-foot cable included
- bass/treble boost: 0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 0-14 dB at 12,500 Hz
- line output converter (LOC) — accepts speaker-level inputs
- high-voltage line driver — up to 10 volts RMS output
- gain control matches level to source
- signal sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- module dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 1-1/8"H x 4-7/8"D (with wiring)
- remote dimensions: 1-7/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 3-1/8"D (with wiring)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RFPEQU
What's in the box:
- Rockford Punch EQ wired remote
- Hideaway universal PEQ module
- 16.5' remote cable with RJ-45 connectors on both ends
- 12" Power harness
- 12" Signal input harness
- LED with attached 8" power/ground harness
- Additional remote front panel
- Mounting bracket
- Two 1/2" Mounting screws
- Flat washer
- Installation instructions
Rockford Fosgate RFPEQU reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate RFPEQU
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate universal Punch EQ is a two band equalizer wired inline between your source and amplifier. The single rotary knob on the wired remote simultaneously adjusts the bass (0 to +18 dB at 45 Hz) and treble (0 to +14 dB at 12.5 kHz).
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, a signal sensing circuit in the hideaway module automatically turns the unit on when the source signal is present.
Line Driver: The Punch EQ's built-in high voltage (10 volts RMS) line driver improves dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and noise rejection.
LEDs: A red LED on the hideaway module and a blue LED on the wired remote illuminate when the unit is on. An external LED is also included, useful when flush mounting the remote (without the surface mount housing).
- Power: included 4-pin contains constant power (should be fused at 1-amp), ground, remote turn-on input (to turn the Punch EQ on), and remote turn-on output (to turn on an amp)
- Signal Input: included harness has one pair of female stereo RCA jacks; when using a speaker level input the RCAs can be cut off
- Signal Output: one pair of female stereo RCA jacks
- Wired Remote: RJ-45 jack used with the included wired remote and cable
- Level: rotary control to match the incoming source
Wired Remote Installation: The universal Punch EQ includes cables and mounting hardware for installing the wired remote with several options:
- Surface Mounting: from the factory, the wired remote comes installed in its surface mount housing; a metal mounting bracket and two mounting screws are included and the housing can be suspended below, or mounted above a flat surface
- Flush Mounting: the surface mount housing can be disassembled and just the remote mounted to a 9/32" hole in a dash or console panel; the unit's rotary knob extends approximately 1/2" from the dash and the mounting depth is approximately 2-5/8" (including the cable)
- Hideaway Module:
- Width: 4-3/4"
- Height: 1-1/8"
- Depth: 3-3/16" (4-7/8" including wiring)
- Wired Remote:
- Width: 1-7/16"
- Height: 1-1/8" (1-1/4" including mounting bracket)
- Depth: 1-5/8" (3-1/8" including knob and wiring)
- Punch EQ Settings: 0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 0-14 dB at 12.5 kHz (both adjusted simultaneously using the rotary knob on the wired remote)
- Maximum Output Level: 10 volts RMS
- Input Range: 600mV to 10V RMS
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz +/-1 dB
- THD+N: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio:
- 100 dB (CEA 2006)
- 110 dB (at 10 volt output)
- Channel Separation: >80 dB
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 500 Ω
5 questions already asked