About the Rockford Fosgate RZR14-STAGE2
Utterly awesome ATV audio
Utterly awesome ATV audio
Rockford Fosgate's Stage 2 Polaris RZR audio upgrade kit will bring serious sound to your outdoor adventures. Each component is tough enough for trail duty, so whether you're racing up a sand dune or blasting through a mud pit, you won't have to worry about your gear getting swamped. The Punch PMX-2 digital media receiver and Prime Series 6-1/2" marine speakers sound great together, and the kit includes RZR-specific mounting kits that fits right into your RZR. You won't have to worry about cutting or modification, and the kit comes with all the parts and pieces you need.
Your system starts with a rugged receiver
The compact, water-resistant Rockford Fosgate Punch PMX-2 receiver features built-in Bluetooth®, so you can stream music stored on your iPhone, or tune into Pandora® and enjoy your favorite playlists. If you prefer to plug in, you'll find an aux input, plus a USB input that will charge your phone while you're playing music. Speaking of charges, the PMX-2 also has a low-voltage warning alert built-in, so you won't accidentally drain your battery.
This versatile receiver features an AM/FM/Weather tuner, a 7-band EQ for adjusting the tone, and a built-in amp that'll do a great job of powering the speakers in your ATV.
A dash kit that fits
The receiver fits into a custom-designed dash kit that will replace the factory lower pocket (2014-up models) or factory upper pocket (2019-up models). Enter your vehicle information to see if this dash kit will work in your RZR. See Details for additional fit and installation information.
Two rockin' speakers
Rockford's RM1652B Prime Series 6-1/2" marine speakers are designed for off-road use, but they're also made to sound great. The poly cone is treated to withstand moisture and sunlight, as is the 1" volcano dome tweeter in the grille. They're really easy to install, thanks to the direct-fit speaker enclosures included in this Stage 2 RZR kit. Made from a fiber-reinforced composite blend, they bolt right in using the factory mounting holes. No drilling needed.
iPod®/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- system includes a digital marine receiver, two speakers, two pods, dash kit, wiring
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with Apple smartphones
- Bluetooth for music streaming (no phone calls)
- global AM/FM/WB tuner
- 2.7" color display
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate RM1652B 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers
- power handling up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- salt-, fog-, and UV-resistant Santoprene rubber surround
- integrated 1" volcano dome tweeter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RZR14-STAGE2
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Mounting plate
- Mounting bracket
- Wiring harness
- Rear support
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation/Operation booklet
- Metal mounting plate
- Plastic mounting frame
- 2 Outer trim-panels
- 36" Power/ground/speaker harness
- 24 Hex-socket screws
- Installation Instructions
- Two 2-way marine speakers (with fixed grilles)
- Eight 1-1/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 8 Speed clips
- Installation/Operation manual
- 2 Empty speaker pods w/ attached 38" wire harness
- 2 Threaded studs
- 4 Mounting screws
- 2 Mounting bolts
- 6 Washers
- Hex-head screwdriver
- Five 8" zip-ties
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate RZR14-STAGE2
Installation Kit: The included dash kit is designed to facilitate the addition of the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 digital marine source unit into select Polaris RZR model ATVs. This kit is custom molded to match the existing dash and mounts in place of the center pocket door using the factory (OEM) mounting holes. All mounting hardware for the source unit and dash kit are provided.
Compatibility: The included dash kit is specifically designed for the following 2014-2021 Polaris RZR model ATVs.
|RZR 900 XC||2015-2021|
|RZR 2 900 EPS||2014-2018|
|RZR 4 900 EPS||2014-2021|
|RZR RS1||Not compatible|
|RZR S 900||2014-2021|
|RZR S 1000||2017-2021|
|RZR S4 1000||2019|
|RZR XP 1000||2014-2021|
|RZR XP Turbo||2016-2021|
|RZR XP Turbo S||2019-2021|
|RZR XP Turbo Dynamix Edition||2018-2021|
|RZR XP 4 1000||2014-2021|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo||2016-2021|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo S||2019-2021|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo Dynamix Edition||2018-2021|
|RZR XP 1000 Trails & Rocks||2019|
|RZR XP 1000 High Lifter||2014-2021|
|RZR XP 4 1000 High Lifter||2014-2021|
PMX-2 Marine Receiver: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-2 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-2 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-2 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-2 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R & PMX-0R wired remote controllers (both sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller. Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC device. You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
Note: The unit's USB port is not Android compatible.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-2 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-2 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's clickwheels & touchscreens will lock when connected to the PMX-2.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-2 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The PMX-2 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 7/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source. You can give the Aux input a custom name.
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-2 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-2 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the marine receiver are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Preouts + Sub Control: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is equipped with two pair of 2-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps. When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 40.
Equalizer: The PMX-2 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-2 provides a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
RM1652B 6.5" Front Speakers: The included RM1652B marine speakers are designed to mount in the front kick-panel area of compatible Polaris RZR vehicles. Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure the RM1652B speakers will provide optimum performance in the difficult outdoor environment. All necessary mounting hardware is included. The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
- Tweeters: The 1" dome tweeters are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/light weight material, die cast into a volcano design. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed.
- Woofers w/ VAST Surround: The woofer cones are injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene with UV inhibitors. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also light weight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response. The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover is 6 dB/octave high pass.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
RFRZ14-FSE Enclosures: The RFRZ14-FSE 6.5" speaker enclosures are constructed of reinforced polymer along with a UV resistant finish and are roto-molded for a seamless speaker mount that's both lightweight and durable. The speaker enclosures are also color and texture matched to the vehicle's interior and are a direct bolt-in using the OEM mounting holes.
The Rockford Fosgate RZR14-STAGE2 replaces these items
- system includes a digital marine receiver and two speakers
- Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- Rockford Fosgate RM1652B 6-3/4" 2-way marine speakers