About the Rockford Fosgate Power T1000X5ad
Super-compact, bursting with power
Super-compact, bursting with power
Rockford Fosgate's Power Series T1000X5ad 5-channel amplifier can send 100 watts RMS each to four separate speakers while delivering up to 600 watts RMS to a subwoofer. Or you could use this tiny powerpack to run a couple of high-performance components with 200 watts each along with 600 watts RMS for the sub. A dual-fan forced air cooling system keeps this sturdy little amp from overheating, so it can play hard for a long time.
Class AD: accurate and powerful
Rockford Fosgate uses their proprietary Class AD amplifier technology, combining the high fidelity of a Class A system with the high efficiency of their special Class D technology, to bring you this ultra-efficient, high-output amplifier. In other words, this compact amp produces more power with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system than most other amps on the road today.
Rockford Fosgate's high-tech solutions yield more power
This Power Series amplifier actively monitors speaker and subwoofer performance, using Rockford Fosgate's Constant Power technology. A speaker's impedance naturally fluctuates as it performs, fighting against your amp's output. So, just like your cruise control increases the engine's RPM to maintain your car's speed uphill, Constant Power maintains this amp's output by increasing its internal voltage and current flow when the speaker's impedance rises. This results in up to a 25% increase in the amp's total power output.
T1000X5ad control panel with clip lights
Easy to set for optimum performance
Rockford Fosgate's C.L.E.A.N. technology (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) setup system ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: play the setup tone on the included test CD, adjust the receiver volume until a red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your amplifier will be perfectly set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your Power amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
Clip lights monitor distortion
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping and restore pristine sound.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 600 watts RMS at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class-AD amp technology on front and rear channels; Class BD on sub channel with Constant Power topology
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes test tone CD
- differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- dual-fan forced induction cooling
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- switchable subsonic filter (28 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- variable Punch EQ bass/treble boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz and 0-14 dB at 12.5K Hz) on all channels
- optional PLC2 wired remote level control with clip light available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs eliminate need for remote turn-on lead
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 125-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 125-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 12-1/2"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Rockford Fosgate RFK4, RFK4X, or RFK4D amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T1000X5AD
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Two 8" output harnesses (4-pin Molex connector on one end and bare wire on other end)
- Three 14" input harnesses (4-pin mini Molex connectors on one end and 2 female RCAs on other end)
- Setup CD disc
- Amplifier Clip Indicator Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification sheet
Rockford Fosgate Power T1000X5ad reviews
Surprising a lot of power From such a little amp Easy to hide so thieves can't find it
Pros: Easy to install
0 of 0 found this helpful
One of the best amplifiers I've ever owned. I run a set of RF-T2 6 1/2 in the front and two RF pro 6 in the rear door and two RF P3-10's off one amplifier. The amplifier is so clean and clear.
Pros: It has a built in DD-1 so you can match your gains. Very easy to access the controls and a very small platform you can put it just about anywhere. A amp with 100 watts per channel at that price. Wow
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great 5 channel amp to run your entire system. Small enough to fit under a seat but powerful enough to run 4 - 6x8s and 2 - 12" subs. Unfortunately, I had to return the first amp because of some background white noise. Dakota at Crutchfield was extremely helpful in helping me diagnose my problem. Sent out a replacement amp that is working as designed. Very pleased with the amp and the service from Crutchfield.
Pros: Small size Powerful Easy to adjust Separate front, rear and & sub RCA inputs
Cons: Had to trim down my 4ga power and ground wires to properly fit into the connector on the amp
1 of 1 found this helpful
ridiculous power from such a tiny amp. Paper that comes with says its tested at 1196 total watts. It pushes more than what its rated for
1 of 1 found this helpful
Not pleased at all. I am running 26 by Alpine Type R's which are 75 Watts RMS. 2 Alpine Type S AZ which are 50 Watts RMS and a Memphis 10 in 300 watt RMS subwoofer. First I asked Crutchfield what gauge power wire I should run. They told me four gauge. When I got the amp it would not take 4 gauge. It clearly takes 8. After I got everything installed I noticed that after about 10 minutes of not even really pushing my stereo the amp got extremely hot and it is 52 degrees here in Arizona. Then it started to clip after I turn it up and not even all the way. This amp is good if you just want a clean sounding system with minimal base. Of course I dont think a single 10in shallow mount sub is that extreme. In my opinion if you want to really push your speakers just do a monologue for the sub and a 4 channel for the speakers. Only reason I didnt do this is because I own a regular cab truck which is very limited.
Pros: Good for mids.
Cons: Not good for lows. Dont use 4 gauge wire. Use 8. Dont buy unless you just want to have limited lows. Not great for really pushing a sub.
2 of 4 found this helpful
Nice amp to power component speakers used at four door locations, 5 th channel for separate subwoofers speakers.
Pros: Works great
0 of 0 found this helpful
Installed this amp in my motorcycle. At approximately 1/2 volume I might get 20 minutes of listening pleasure before it got hot and shut off for several minutes. On my first full day of riding, the amp fried to never return. I was so aggravated with the amp, I flung it into a dumpster in the WV mountains. I will NEVER buy anything with Rockford Fosgate's name on it.
Pros: Sounded good when it worked.
Cons: Didn't work very long.
3 of 21 found this helpful
This is running my entire system in a 2007 Toyota Landcruiser. The Landcruiser has very little area for an install of any kind, not even under any seat. I used a small compartment in the back to include this amp and an Audio Control LC7i which get the signal from the factory navigation unit. It does get hot but hasn't shut off yet. My focal expert components in the front and rear sound great, as does the sealed 10" jl audio t3. Hopefully this amp is rugged enough to last years.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Rockford Fosgate FTW!
Pros: Small package for the amount of power.
0 of 0 found this helpful
. Sub channel is awesome but something is wrong with the other 4. I followed set up directions by their manual. One thing I can't understand is it says play the set up cd but before you do that unplug the speakers. I can't see the logic in that. Only after do you plug speakers in. I'm out of town right now but when I get back I'll double check everything again. I've installed many amps in my lifetime and the set up for this one is beyond me. Also they say use 4 gauge power and ground wire but it will not accept it. Also power and ground just about touching where they terminate in back of the amp. Go figure that. Gets extremely hot after only 10 minutes.
Pros: Compact design Sub channel is exceptional
Cons: Runs hot Power and ground connections too close Mine sounds terrible
2 of 5 found this helpful
Souds great. Size is perfect for any limited space
0 of 0 found this helpful
Does everything I need and some
1 of 1 found this helpful
Although my installer recommended his brand i have always been a fosgate fan since the mid to late 80's. This Amp was on point with the power i needed.
Pros: Small compact took up minimal space but delivered massive power thru out my system
4 of 4 found this helpful
I really like this amp. It has features many 5 channel amps don't. Good luck finding a 5 channel amp that'll handle a 1 ohm load on the sub channel. Constant power is a nice feature especially if you're using a ported sub. Anything that helps with box rise is a plus. Super easy to set up. This thing is tiny in comparison to other 5 channel amps. why only 4 stars? It does run on the warm side. I attribute this to the extremely small size and the fact that the case is the heat sink. I mounted mine under the seat but up off the floor and would suggest others to mount it elevated off whatever surface you're mounting it to. I don't like the power and ground right next to each other and it will not except high quality 4 gauge wire however I was able to fab up reducers so I could use 4 gauge. For the price I thought it should come with the remote. Other then these small complaints I am extremely happy with this amplifier. I also own 3 other 5 channel amps and this is the best one imo.
Pros: size, 1 ohm stable on sub amp, set up,powerful
Cons: it needs those fans, power and ground hook up
6 of 6 found this helpful
I was replacing a factory system in an old Range Rover Classic that had a 5 channel amp in the cargo area and wanted to hide everything in the stock location. Most of my decision was driven by the sub boxes I could fit and then measuring how much space I had for the amp with ample space for cooling. This meant I needed a single amp with 5 channels, compact size, and the ability to drive a 1 ohm sub. I was impressed by the small dimensions in the specs and the remote level control meant I could even put a sub level knob in the factory location. I also like the spec sheet showing the test results for the individual amp. Sound quality is great. It can easily drive a high volume with no audible distortion.
Pros: Can drive a 1 ohm subwoofer Testing spec sheet showed significantly higher power than the nominal rating. (119+119+117+117+713 = 1184 W total)
Cons: The power wire terminals are too small to properly fit 4 gauge wire from the Rockford Fosgate amp wiring kit even though the specs show it as accepting 4 gauge wire.
2 of 2 found this helpful
I purchased a T1000X5ad in June of 2017 and it arrived DOA. Wouldn't power on at all in the car or on the bench. Sad, but not unheard of. Crutchfield provided a full refund and I picked up a replacement at my local dealer since I needed it that day to complete the install. The second lasted me 6 months before fan chattering started and one of the speaker channels went out. I am working on an RMA replacement from Rockford Fosgate but I will likely be selling the unit they send me and picking up something different. I had high hopes for this as a small package all around amp but it just isn't reliable. I should also note that this amp ran hot constantly. Even just listening to an audiobook it would run at over 120 degrees F. The temporary 5 channel kicker that I installed during RMA sounds better and runs way cooler at 70-90 degrees under heavy load.
Pros: Small Powerful
Cons: Overheats 2 have failed me Sound quality not there
2 of 4 found this helpful
I purchased this box a few months back, part of a system I had installed in my 2015 Jeep JK. Rockford FosgateT1000X5ad, Illusion Audio Carbon C5, and JL Audio Stealthbox. I've been very happy with system. Competes with the quality of sound from my computer sound system, listening to either Sirius XM, or Spotify synced to my iPhone 7 and connected with Bluetooth. System sounds exceptional, the Illusion speakers and JL Audio sub integrate very well. If there are low frequencies in the source material it is reproduced beautifully by this combination. Definitely sounds best with downloaded Spotify Playlists. Be aware that the amp runs hot, but so far it hasn't shut down. I'm working on solutions for the hot amp.
Pros: amp-very dynamic and powerful
Cons: runs very hot
9 of 9 found this helpful
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Power T1000X5ad
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
400 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power T1000X5ad is a compact, Class-AD five-channel amplifier. Even though the amplifier's footprint is only 12" x 4-1/4", it outputs the following power:
|Front and Rear Channels||100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms |
100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
|Subwoofer Channel||400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms |
600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Class AD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class AD technology, which allows the amp to produce more power with less current draw. It takes the highly efficient bd amplifier design to a full-range application. Class AD uses Dynamic Frequency Switching to increase the switching frequency during lower output levels for better signal resolution. In addition, Post Choke Feedback Filtering removes unwanted distortion by comparing the input signal to the output signal at the speaker connector.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The T1000X5ad features dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The T1000X5ad features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to set the levels. There are independent controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels. The controls include:
- Input Level: These rotary controls let you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier.
- Sub Input: If you are using a dedicated subwoofer input, the Sub Input switch should be turned on. If there is no subwoofer input, the sub channel will receive signals from the front left channel input.
- Punch EQ:
- Front/Rear Channels: The Gyrator-based Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It works in conjunction with the crossover switch on the amplifier. When set to Low-Pass operation, it functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz. When set to High-Pass, it is a 0 to +14dB variable Mid-Bass and Treble Boost at 12.5kHz. When set to All-Pass, the Punch EQ boosts both the bass and treble frequencies.
- Subwoofer Channel: The Punch EQ is a 0 to +18dB 45Hz Bass Boost only control.
- Crossover Switch: The front and rear channels each have a 3-way switch that lets you select Low-Pass (LP), High-Pass (HP), or All-Pass (AP) on the Butterworth crossover. The subwoofer channel has no switch, because it is in LP mode at all times.
- Frequency: The crossover frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Infrasonic Filter: A switchable 28Hz infrasonic filter can be applied to the subwoofer channel. This filter cuts inaudible audio frequencies below 28Hz that rob amplifier power, and that only a few subwoofers can cleanly reproduce. Turning this filter on will help reduce distortion.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three types of LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicators on each set of outputs work in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knobs. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Inputs: There are three 4-pin Molex connectors for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels that work with the supplied RCA Input Harnesses. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harnesses and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code.
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
Note: The amplifier does not have built-in fuses, so you will need to install a 100-amp fuse on the power wire no more than 18" from the battery.
- Speaker Outputs: For the front and rear channels, two 4-pin Molex connectors work with the supplied Speaker Output harnesses. The speaker wires can be spliced to the harness' four 16-gauge wires and plugged into the amplifier. The subwoofer channel has a pair of compression terminals that will accept up to 10-gauge wires.
Note: For 2-channel bridged mono operation, the front left + and right - wires and rear left + and right - wires should be used to connect to the speakers (4Ω minimum).
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer such as Crutchfield.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK4 or RFK4X.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked