About the Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad
Super-compact, bursting with power
Super-compact, bursting with power
Rockford Fosgate's Power Series T400X2ad 2-channel amplifier can send each of your speakers up to 200 watts RMS, or you can use this tiny powerpack to run a sub with up to 400 watts. A dual-fan forced air cooling system keeps this sturdy little amp from overheating, so it can play hard for a long, long time.
Class AD: accurate and powerful
Rockford Fosgate uses their proprietary Class AD amplifier technology, combining the high fidelity of a Class A system with the high efficiency of their special Class D technology, to bring you this ultra-efficient, high-output amplifier. In other words, this compact amp produces more power with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system than most other amps on the road today.
Rockford Fosgate's high-tech solutions yield more power
Power Series amplifiers actively monitor speaker performance using Rockford Fosgate's Constant Power technology. A speaker's impedance naturally fluctuates as it performs, fighting against your amp's output. So, just like your cruise control increases the engine's RPM to maintain your car's speed uphill, Constant Power maintains this amp's output by increasing its internal voltage and current flow when the speaker's impedance rises. This results in up to a 25% increase in the amp's total power output.
T400X2ab control panel with clip lights
Easy to set for optimum performance
Rockford Fosgate's C.L.E.A.N. technology (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) setup system ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: play the setup tone on the included test CD, adjust the receiver volume until the red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your amplifier will be perfectly set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your Power amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping.
T400X2ab input and Punch connections
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 400 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AD amplifier design
- Constant Power technology maintains full output power despite impedance changes
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes clip lights and test tone CD
- differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- dual-fan forced induction cooling
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch EQ (bass/treble boost: 0-18 dB at 45 Hz, 0-14 dB at 12,500 Hz)
- optional PLC2 Punch Level Control wired remote with clip light available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs eliminates need for remote turn-on lead
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7"W x 1-15/8"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Rockford Fosgate RFK8, RFK8i, or RFK4D amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T400X2AD
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier
- 14" Input harness (4-pin Molex connector to 2 female RCAs)
- 8" Speaker output harness (4-pin Molex connector to bare wire)
- Setup disc CD-ROM
- Amplifier Quick Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification
Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||223 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad is an ultra-compact two-channel amplifier. Even though the amplifier is only 7-3/8" x 4-1/4", it puts out 200 watts per channel at 4 ohms or 2 ohms. In bridged mono, the output is 400 watts at 4 ohms.
Class AD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class AD technology, which allows the amp to produce more power with less current draw. It takes the highly efficient bd amplifier design to a full-range application. Class AD uses Dynamic Frequency Switching to increase the switching frequency during lower output levels for better signal resolution. In addition, Post Choke Feedback Filtering removes unwanted distortion by comparing the input signal to the output signal at the speaker connector.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The T400X2ad features dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The T400X2ad features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Input Level: This rotary control lets you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the level.
- Punch EQ: The Gyrator-based Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It works in conjunction with the crossover switch on the amplifier. When set to Low-Pass operation, it functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz. When set to High-Pass, it is a 0 to +14dB variable Mid-Bass and Treble Boost at 12.5kHz. When set to All-Pass, the Punch EQ boosts both the bass and treble frequencies. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the amount of boost desired.
- Crossover Switch: This 3-way switch lets you select Low-Pass (LP), High-Pass (HP), or All-Pass (AP) on the Butterworth crossover.
- Frequency: The crossover frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the crossover cut-off frequency.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knob. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control. This control is only functional when the amp's crossover switch is set to Low-Pass (LP).
- Input: This 4-pin Molex connector works with the supplied RCA Input Harness. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harness and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code (left=white, right=gray).
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
- Speakers: This 4-pin Molex connector works with the supplied Speaker Output harness. The speaker wires can be spliced to the harness' four 16-gauge wires and plugged into the amplifier.
Note: For bridged mono operation, the left + and right - wires should be used to connect to the speaker (4Ω minimum).
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.