About the Rockford Fosgate Power T5002
Massive, thundering Rockford Fosgate Power series amps with their fine-tuned audio controls, extreme durability, and proprietary technologies (like TRANS-ana circuitry for ultra-clean signal transfer and MEHSA for cool-running power) are capable of stronger, more reliable performance than most other amplifiers on the market.
The Power T5002 will drive your component speakers with two channels of 75 watts RMS; switch it to mono operation, and your subs will thrive on up to 500 watts RMS (at 2 ohms). If you're into multiple woofer setups, the T5002 operates safely at 1-ohm impedance, cranking out an impressive 250 watts per channel. And, thanks to its efficient design, this powerhouse will maintain steady power flow and safe operating temperature under a heavy workload, saving your music from clipping and distortion.
Rockford Fosgate gives you the tools to harness this awesome power. Variable high- and low-pass filters (with near-vertical 24 dB per octave slopes) let you decide exactly which frequencies to send to your speakers. Para-Punch tunes the bass to perfection with up to 18 dB of bass boost (variable from 35-70 Hz), controlled by the dash-mountable remote. The subsonic filter (at 28 Hz) can be activated to clean out ultra-low bass for improved performance.
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm)
- 300 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 4 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable (2-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- requires 1/0-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- variable high-/low-pass filters (40-400 Hz, switchable from 12 to 24 dB/octave)
- Para-Punch bass EQ (0-18 dB with variable center frequency between 35-70 Hz) with wired remote control
- MOSFET power supplies and outputs
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability.
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp.
- TRANS-ana circuitry keeps preamp signal clean
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedence, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance.
- fan cooled
- preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier
- fuse rating: 100 amps
- dimensions: 17-15/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T5002
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with a removable cover and installed 100A ANL fuse
- 2 Allen-head screws (installed)
- One 3/16" Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Two 1/2" self-tapping screws
- Remote Punch Bass controller
- Remote controller mounting bracket
- Two 1/0-gauge to 4-gauge adapters
- 16.5' Flat remote cable (has RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- Installation & Operation manual (English/French/Spanish/German/Italian)
- Power Amplifier Performance Verification Certificate
Rockford Fosgate Power T5002 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Power T5002
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||2|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.05%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400/400-4000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400/400-4000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||35-70 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||100 x 1 (ANL)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Removable Cover: The Rockford Fosgate Power T5002 amplifier features a removable cover that conceals all speaker, signal, remote, power and ground connections, as well as the gain and crossover frequency controls for a cleaner installation.
3-Stage Variable Forced Convection Heatsink Design: This 3-stage thermal design consists of a 3-speed variable fan, integrated PCB plenum, and focused mass heat distribution. This design keeps the amplifier's internal components cool, maximizes the amplifier's potential, reduces distortion, and increases efficiency.
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
Trans-ANA (TRANSconductance Active Nodal Amplifier): The trans-ANA is a circuit that allows the audio signal to pass through the amplifier at low voltage. The signal is directly level-shifted to the fixed high voltage rails via a pair of drive transistors. Signal linearity is assured by an active node formed by the drive transistors at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is crystal clear sound quality.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
TO-247 MOSFET: The Power T5002 utilizes ultra high performance MOSFET output devices, giving the amplifier more power handling capability as well as lower thermal impedance for more reliable operation, even under the harshest load conditions.
Internal Crossover: The internal filter can be set for high-pass, all-pass (full range), or low-pass operation. In the low-pass and high-pass modes, the filter can be adjusted from 40 to 400 Hz. The slope can be set to 12 dB/octave (Butterworth) or 24 dB/octave (Linkwitz-Reilly).
Infrasonic Filter: The infrasonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 28 Hz, and it can be turned on or off.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Power Series Punch Bass provides a remote mounted equalization knob with a variable 35-70 Hz center frequency and up to 18 dB of boost. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location. The module's case can be configured with the bracket above or below the module, or, without the case, mounted flush in your vehicle's dash (requires a 2" x 7/8" cutout with a maximum thickness of 3/8"). The wired remote is 2.281" wide, 1.214" tall and 1.509" deep (2.471" including the knob and cable connection). The included cable is 16.5' in length.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The pass-thru jacks have a separate filter that can be set for high-pass, all-pass (full range), or low-pass operation. In the low-pass and high-pass modes, the filter is set to the same frequency as the main filter.
Power Indicator and Protection LEDs: The blue Power LED illuminates when the amplifier is turned on. A yellow "Protect" LED, illuminates if a short circuit or too low of an impedance is detected at the speaker connections. A red LED, labeled "Thermal", illuminates if the amplifier overheats. The amplifier will automatically shut down if either of the two LEDs indicate amplifier trouble.
Front Panel of Amplifier:
- B+ (power): set screw terminal that accepts up to 1/0-gauge wire; an adapter is supplied, allowing you to use 4-gauge wire in this terminal
- B- (ground): set screw terminal that accepts up to 1/0-gauge wire; an adapter is supplied, allowing you to use 4-gauge wire in this terminal
- Remote: set screw terminal that accepts up to 8-gauge wire
- Speaker Connections: The 2-channel nickel-plated clamp wire connectors will accept wire sizes of 8- to 18-gauge. A Phillips-head or slotted screwdriver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals.
- Remote Punch Bass Connection: An RJ-45 jack is provided for connecting the supplied Remote Punch Bass cable.
Wiring Note: The recommended wiring kit has a 200-amp ANL fuse, while the amplifier has a fuse rating of 100 amps. The 200-amp fuse will work with the amplifier, but, if you prefer, you can purchase a 100-amp ANL fuse separately.
CEA-2006 Compliance: The specifications given by Rockford Fosgate for the Power T5002 amplifier comply with the new CEA-2006 Amplifier Power Standard from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
Rated Power Specifications (at 14.4 volts):
- 4 ohm load per channel: 75 watts x 2
- 2 ohm load per channel: 150 watts x 2
- 1 ohm load per channel: 250 watts x 2
- 4 ohm load bridged (mono): 300 watts x 1
- 2 ohm load bridged (mono): 500 watts x 1