About the Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BD
Rock-bottom bass for your boat
Rock-bottom bass for your boat
Rockford Fosgate designed their Power Series TM750X1bd mono amplifier to bring powerful bass performance to marine and powersports applications. Proprietary Class BD technology allows this compact amp to draw big power with less current draw from your electrical system, while the low-impedance Constant Power feature maintains consistent performance. The result is an amp that provides outstanding low-end power in a variety of vehicles on land and sea.
Level setting made easy
Handy top-mounted controls include Rockford Fosgate's CLEAN level setting technology, so there's no more guesswork while setting your levels. Easy-to-see LED indicators identify clipping, so you can set your amp up for maximum performance while eliminating distortion.
Made to handle moisture and heat
This amp is built to stand up to outdoor life, too, with conformal-coated circuitry that withstands moisture and dirt, plus stainless steel hardware that won't succumb to corrosion. With dual-fan forced air cooling and real-time thermal monitoring, this amp can rock hard without overheating – even when it's tucked into a tight space.
- mono marine/powersports amplifier
- top-mounted controls
- proprietary low impedance constant power
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (750 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 750 watts x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class BD amp technology
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- marine-grade stainless steel hardware
- twin cooling fans and real-time thermal sensing
- hidden top-mount control panel
- CLEAN set-up technology with LED input/output indicators
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required)
- low-pass filter (50-250 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- bass boost: 0 to 18 dB at 45 Hz
- frequency response: 20-230 Hz
- dimensions: 8-5/8"D x 1-11/16"H x 4-1/4"W
- requires 8-gauge power and ground cable, 10-gauge speaker wire
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TM750X1BD
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier
- 14" Input harness (4-pin Molex connector to 2 female RCAs)
- Setup disc CD-ROM
- Amplifier Quick Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification
More details on the Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BD
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||750 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power Marine TM750X1bd is an ultra-compact mono-block amplifier. Even though the amplifier is only 8-1/2" x 4-1/4", it puts out a full 500 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, 750 x 1 at 2 ohms, or 750 x 1 at 1 ohm.
Class BD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class bd technology, which is more efficient than typical Class AB amplifiers, with lower distortion than Class D amps. Class AB amps typically have 20-60% efficiency, with the remaining power generating heat. Class bd amps are 75-80% efficient, creating more power to drive your speakers, and less creating heat.
Element Ready: This Rockford Fosgate Power Marine amplifier features a conformal coated circuit board that provides protection against exposure to the elements. This marine-grade two-part epoxy coating on the circuit board resists moisture and corrosion from the harsh marine environment. The amp is also protected against dust and UV rays, and features stainless hardware to resist corrosion.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The TM750X1bd features extruded aluminum heat sinks and dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The TM750X1bd features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. These rotary controls can be set with a small screwdriver (not included). The controls include:
- Input Level: This rotary control lets you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz.
- Frequency: The Butterworth crossover is internally set to Low Pass, and the cutoff frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Infrasonic Filter: The 2-way switch lets you engage the built-in Infrasonic Filter. The filter has a fixed cutoff frequency of 28Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave. The Infrasonic Filter cuts out frequency below 28Hz that cause distortion, and are difficult for speakers to reproduce.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knob. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control. The control needs to be switched to the ON position in order to use the remote level control.
- Inputs: The 4-pin Molex connector works with the supplied RCA Input Harness. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harness and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code (white=left, gray=right).
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote
terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector
has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When
utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the
Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional
amplifiers or other accessories. A small
screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression
terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the
connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
- Note: The amplifier has no built-in fuses. It is recommended that a 100A fuse be placed on the power wire about 18" from the battery.
- Speakers: The speaker output has removable compression terminals that will accept up to 10-gauge wire.
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.