About the Rockford Fosgate X3-STAGE2
Great sound for the great outdoors
Great sound for the great outdoors
Can-Am's Maverick X3 is a high-performance side-by-side with plenty of power, and Rockford Fosgate's Stage 2 Maverick X3 kit is the easiest way to add more power to your audio system. With a marine digital media receiver and two powerful marine speakers, this system will add some serious thump to your off-road adventures.
Rockford Fosgate designed this package to fit right into your Maverick, with no cutting and no modification needed (minimal drilling required). It also comes with all the parts and pieces needed for a smooth, hassle-free installation. Each component is tough enough for trail duty, so you won't have to worry about your audio gear getting swamped.
A rugged and rockin' receiver
Rockford Fosgate's Punch PMX-2 digital media receiver packs a lot of features into a compact, water-resistant package. This trail-ready stereo features built-in Bluetooth®, so you can stream music stored on your phone, or tune into Pandora® and enjoy your favorite playlists. If you prefer to plug in, you'll find an aux input, plus a USB input that will charge your phone while you're playing music. Speaking of charges, the PMX-2 also has a low-voltage warning alert built-in, so you won't accidentally drain your battery. This kit includes a custom-designed kit that holds the receiver and blends into your Maverick's dash.
Better speakers for bigger sound
The package includes a pair of Prime Series RM1652B marine speakers that are built for off-road and marine use. The durable poly cones withstand moisture and sunlight, as do the 1" volcano dome tweeters in the grilles. They're really easy to install, too, thanks to the made-for-the-Maverick X3 speaker enclosures included in this kit. These rugged enclosures bolt right in using the factory mounting holes with just a little bit of drilling.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod®/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- system includes marine digital media receiver, two speakers, dash kit, and wiring
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- global AM/FM/Weather tuner
- 2.7" color display
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate Punch PM1652B 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers
- power handling up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- UV-stable Centrex® injection-molded plastic parts
- 1" volcano dome tweeters
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # X3-STAGE2
What's in the box:
- Rockford Fosgate PMX-2:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Mounting plate
- Mounting bracket
- Wiring harness
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation & Operation booklet
- Rockford Fosgate RFX3-PMXDK:
- Dash bezel
- PMX-2 harness
- PMX-0 harness (in-line 15A fuse)
- PMX-2 housing
- PMX-0 housing
- Metal bracket
- 8 Small screws
- 2 Large screws
- 12 Wire-ties
- Installation/Operation Booklet
- Rockford Fosgate RFX3-FSE:
- 2 Empty speaker enclosures
- 2 Speaker harnesses
- 5 Wire ties
- Large "Warning" sticker
- Small "Warning" sticker
- Installation & Operation booklet
- Rockford Fosgate RM1652B:
- Two 2-way marine speakers (with fixed grilles)
- Eight 1-1/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 8 Speed clips
- Installation & Operation booklet
Rockford Fosgate X3-STAGE2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate X3-STAGE2
Dash & Harness Kit: The included RFX3-PMXDK dash & harness kit is designed to facilitate the addition of the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 digital marine source unit into select Can-Am Maverick X3 model ATVs. The dash kit includes a main dash bezel and mounting hardware, radio housing and wiring harness.
- The RFX3-PMXDK dash kit bolts directly into factory mounting holes with minimal drilling required.
- The included harness of RFX3-PMXDK dash kit for the PMX-2 is designed to plug directly into Can-Am Maverick X3 series factory wiring harness.
- The included harness and trim-bezel for the PMX-0 will not be used.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RFX3-PMXDK dash & harness kit is designed to specifically for the following 2017-2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 model ATVs.
|Can-Am||Maverick X3 Turbo and Turbo R||2017-2018|
|Maverick X DS Turbo and RS Turbo||2017-2018|
|Maverick X3 MAX Turbo and Turbo R||2017-2018|
|Maverick X3 MAX DS Turbo and RS Turbo||2017-2018|
Marine Receiver: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-2 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Optically Bonded LCD & Water Resistant Control Knob: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen. The PMX-2 uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature white LED illumination.
Voltage Gauge/Warning & EEPROM: You can check the voltage of your system through the PMX-2's menu. The unit also provides a Low Voltage Warning Alert. The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features an EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) which retains settings even when power is removed.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-2 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-2 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-2 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R & PMX-0R wired remote controllers (both sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller. Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC device. You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-2 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-2 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's will lock when connected to the PMX-2.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-2 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The PMX-2 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/6/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source. You can give the Aux input a custom name.
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-2 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-2 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the marine receiver are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/4Ch Preouts: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is equipped with two pair of 4-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps.
Equalizer: The PMX-2 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-2 provides a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Sub Control: When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 40.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
Marine Rated Speakers: The Rockford Fosgate RM1652 marine rated speakers utilize 1" dome tweeters that are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/lightweight material, die cast into a volcano design. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed. The woofer cones are injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene with UV inhibitors. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lightweight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Note: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure the RM1652 speakers will provide optimum performance in the difficult marine environment. The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover is 6 dB/octave high pass.
- Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are designed for infinite-baffle operation and can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure.
- VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Front Speaker Enclosures: This pair of durable polymer speaker enclosures are optimized for the included Rockford Fosgate RM1652 marine speakers. The enclosures mount perfectly in a compatible 2017-2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 model ATV. They are designed to match the Can-Am Maverick X3 ATV's texture and color, plus mount in factory locations with minimal disassembly and drilling.
Note: These front enclosures replace the factory dash panels using existing mounting points.
Speaker Harnesses: Two speaker harnesses are included which plug directly into the wiring harness of the RFX3-PMXDK dash kit's harness. The other ends of the speaker harnesses are terminated with quick-slides which connect to a pair of compatible Rockford Fosgate speakers.
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure theses speakers will provide optimum performance in the difficult marine environment.
- ASTM B117 salt/fog test standard provides accelerated aging in a controlled corrosive environment to produce relative corrosion resistance information for specimens of metals and coated metals.
- ASTM D4329 test standard is intended to induce property changes associated with end-use conditions, including the effects of sunlight, moisture, and heat.
3 questions already asked