About the Onkyo M-282
Whether you need to power a pair of second-room speakers in a multi-room audio system, or you're looking for an affordable power amplifier to go with your separate preamp, Onkyo's M-282 stereo power amplifier fits the bill. As soon as you lift it out of the box, you'll appreciate the beefy construction and streamlined appearance. And when you fire it up, you'll love the strong, clear sound!
This baby is packed with 100 watts x 2 channels of full-bandwidth-rated power, and features Onkyo's Wide Range Amplifier Technology to maximize signal accuracy with high-resolution audio sources. A back-panel switch lets you set the amp for automatic turn-on you can set it to come on whenever it senses an incoming audio signal or when you turn on a receiver, preamp, or control amplifier which is connected to the M-282's 12-volt trigger input. The back panel also features an audio input level control knob, plus banana-plug-compatible binding posts for making solid connections to your speakers.
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- preamp-level audio input/output loop lets you daisy-chain additional M-282s and play the same stereo source in several rooms
- input level adjustment
- auto power-on/off via audio-sensing or 12-volt trigger
- banana-plug-compatible speaker terminals
- detachable AC power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 13-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
Onkyo M-282 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Onkyo M-282
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||100|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||125|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Posts|
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology): This technology uses low-negative-feedback circuit topology for accurate signal reproduction, improved dynamic signal-to-noise ratio, and better delivery of power peaks.
12V Turn-On Trigger: When the 12V Trigger input jack on the back of this unit is connected to the 12V Trigger output jack of a compatible Onkyo amplifier or preamplifier,> this unit will automatically go into standby mode when the amplifier or preamplifier is switched to standby and turn on when the amplifier or preamplifier is turned on. Note: The Trigger switch on this unit must be in the 12V Trigger position for this feature to work.
Auto Power On/Off: When the Trigger switch is in the Audio position, this unit turns on automatically when a signal is supplied to the Audio In jacks. If no signal is supplied to the Audio In jacks for more than 4 minutes, this unit will go into standby mode.
Input Level Adjustment: The Input Level control on the rear panel allows you to adjust the input level of the signal from the Audio In RCA jacks.
Audio In/Out Link Function: The signal supplied to the Audio In jacks is passed through the Audio Out jacks. When used as a 2-channel amplifier in a multi-room configuration, you can connect several M-282s to enjoy the same source in several rooms.
- Power Button: Turns unit On or Off
- Standby/On LED: The LED glows orange when the unit is on and red when the unit is in standby mode
- Input Level Control: This rotary knob allows you to adjust the input level of the signal from the Audio In RCA jacks>
- Trigger Switch: Can be set to Audio, 12V Trigger, or Off
- Audio Input/Output: Gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- 12V Trigger In: One 1/8" jack for use with compatible Onkyo components
- Speakers: Left and right binding post outputs (collar prevents use of spade lugs, so they are not 5-way binding posts)
- AC Inlet: AC jack for use with supplied AC power cord
- Power Output: 10>0 watts per channel minimum RMS into 8 ohms (20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.08% THD); >125> watts per channel minimum RMS into 6 ohms (1 kHz with no more than 0.1% THD)