About the Onkyo TX-RZ610
Take it from us, this receiver rocks
Take it from us, this receiver rocks
The Onkyo TX-RZ610 works with the latest 4K TVs and Blu-ray players, delivering multidimensional sound to match the stunning Ultra HD picture quality. We set one up for a Dolby Atmos demo, and there's only one word to describe the sound: big. This receiver filled our spacious training room with powerful, chest-thumping sound. So it's safe to say it'll blow the roof off your home theater — in a good way. The setup was a breeze. Once we ran the AccuEQ speaker calibration (a quick, easy process using the included microphone), all the surround effects sounded perfectly dialed in. Dolby Atmos added an extra layer of realism to our movie demo, giving a feeling of full-on immersion.
Easy wireless music streaming
Built-in Wi-Fi lets you access the music you have stored on your networked computer so you can easily play tracks from your personal library through the 'RZ610. You can also take advantage of free internet radio and subscription-based music services like Spotify® and Pandora®. Use the Onkyo Remote app to control streaming from your phone or tablet. Bluetooth lets you stream music from a compatible device directly to the receiver, and Apple AirPlay lets you stream music from a compatible Apple device or from any computer with iTunes®.
Geared toward great sound
Outstanding audio performance is an integral part of the 'RZ610's design. A premium 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter gives you crystal-clear reproduction of music, TV, and movie soundtracks. Dynamic Audio Amplification delivers massive power with low distortion for thrilling movie sound effects. Phase-matching Bass Enhancement lets you enjoy deep, satisfying low frequency effects while vocals and dialogue remain clear. This receiver also decodes high-resolution audio formats. And Onkyo's Music Optimizer improves the sound from compressed audio files and Bluetooth streams, so you get clear, detailed sound no matter how you listen.
Music in two rooms
The 'RZ610 has outputs for nine speakers, allowing for flexible speaker configurations (receiver can power a maximum of seven channels at once). If you're happy with 5.2-channel surround sound in your living room, you can use the receiver's powered Zone 2 outputs to connect a pair of speakers for stereo sound in another room. Relax to your favorite tunes on the patio while the rest of the family takes in a movie with surround sound in the living room. You can also connect a stereo receiver or amplifier through line-level Zone 2 connections and use the 'RZ610 as a preamp, for full 7.2-channel surround sound in your home theater plus stereo sound in a second room.
A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same content on a TV and projector in the same room. Use the Onkyo Remote app to control playback in different zones from anywhere in the house.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at .08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage (available via summer 2016 firmware update)
- automatically upscales 1080p video signals to 4K resolution when connected to a compatible 4K TV
- AccuEQ automatic speaker calibration optimizes your system's sound for your room (microphone included)
- new AccuReflex technology aligns phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, Spotify, and TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- TIDAL and Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in) functionality available via future firmware update
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer
- PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
- dual-zone/dual-source output
- powered stereo audio outputs for 2nd room
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2 home theater in main room
- line-level 2nd-room output for use with a separate amplifier or powered speakers
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current amplifier design with large power transformer
- 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter for clear sound from digital sources
- Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files and Bluetooth streams
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning height channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI inputs 1-3, and monitor outputs only)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- 2 component video inputs
- 2 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo audio inputs
- phono input for direct connection of a turntable
- rear-panel USB port for audio playback from USB storage devices
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 9 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Zone 2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of seven channels at once
- RS 232, IR, and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- free Onkyo Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible TV's tuner via HDMI
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost optimizes low frequencies to preserve clarity with vocals and movie dialogue
- 40 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/16"W x 7"H x 15-3/4"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TXRZ610
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-911R)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Setup microphone
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Basic Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Internet Radio Support" sheet
- "Google Cast Support" sheet
- "Onkyo Music/Dolby Atmos" brochure
- Warranty/Product Registration Card
- "RZ Series" customer support card
More details on the Onkyo TX-RZ610
Features & specs
RZ Series: Onkyo's premium RZ series AV receivers feature upgraded components, such as a massive transformer and custom capacitors that provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at extreme volume levels. The RZ series amplifier delivers a significant boost to the dynamics, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs a stunning emotional impact. The RZ series are backed by a 3 year parts & labor warranty.
Dynamic Audio Amplification: The TX-RZ610 AV receiver features Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 100 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08%, driving 2 channels). Onkyo's new Dynamic Audio Amplification technology incorporates a Hi-Current amplifier design w/ discrete output stage circuitry, WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology), H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply), separate block construction, and Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry for dynamic, detailed, and clear sound.
- Hi-Current Amp Design: The unique elements of Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification system comprise high-current, low-impedance architecture with discrete output stage circuitry & custom 15,000 μF audio capacitors for instantaneous high-current power and precisely control of your loudspeakers for dynamic, accurate sound.
- Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT): Onkyo's Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT) circuit layout prevents phase shifting by pushing the roll-off point higher than the listening-level frequency. Amplifying sound without phase shift creates an uncommonly well-focused and realistic audio image.
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply): Under the anti-resonant cover of any Onkyo receiver, you'll instantly notice the High Current Power Supply (H.C.P.S.) transformer. With its huge, isolated power supply design and high-capacity filter capacitors, it delivers the large amounts of power necessary for reproducing the wide dynamics of movie soundtracks and the detail and clarity of your music.
- High-Quality Construction: The AV receiver employs a separate analog amp and digital processing block construction to reduce interference. Copper bus bars and rigid insulators are used to further reduce signal interference.
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry: Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry adjusts the gain so that less than half the amount of attenuation is needed, ensuring the signal never comes close to the noise floor. This protects the signal against noise, resulting in a dramatically clearer sound.
Amplifier Assignment: The 7-channel amplifier can be configured in a variety of ways to match your type of speaker setup.
- Surround Back (7.1ch): The Onkyo TX-RZ610 provides 7.1ch surround in your main listening area with dedicated Surround Back speakers.
- Front Bi-Amp (5.1ch): The Surround-Back/Height speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass & treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.1ch speaker system in the main room (no Surround Back or Front Height speakers)
- Powered Zone 2 (7.1ch + Zone 2): In this configuration, you can connect Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, and Zone 2 speakers to the AV receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back (or front height) channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power.
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2ch): The Surround-Back/Front-High speaker terminals are assigned to power a pair of Front-Height, Rear-Height, Overhead Ceiling, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers to create 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos surround sound. Zone 2 speaker can still be powered by the receiver in the configuration. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone for Dolby Atmos. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the Dolby Atmos channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power without Dolby Atmos.
Dual 32-Bit DSP Engines: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver employs powerful and highly accurate 32-bit DSP (Digital Signal Processor) engines for better surround sound reproduction.
384kHz/32-Bit Hi-Grade DAC: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 utilizes one premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei for all channels. This 384kHz/32-bit DAC implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD). The TX-RZ610 offers additional DAC signal processing to make sure your movie & music soundtracks sound their best.
- Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (Front Channels Only): Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the signal in its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal. The signal's data is converted between sampling points and joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result is a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal that brings out even the most subtle of nuances in music sources.
- PLL Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology: PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning circuit technology reduces jitter by comparing the input and output phases of the digital signal and creating an accurate clock waveform. This enhances the precision of digital signal processing and noticeably improves audio quality. Jitter-cleaning technology works both for digital signals input via HDMI and for digital signals converted from analog signals inside the receiver itself
AccuEQ w/ AccuReflex: AccuEQ conducts two measurements: (1) it measures and sets the distance, sound pressure level and crossover of your speakers and subwoofer to ensure all channels are treated equally (2) it evaluates your room's sonic characteristics and adjusts your speaker's frequency response to prevent standing waves from forming. AccuEQ incorporates AccuReflex technology to align the phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks. You can save up to 3 AccuEQ presets. The included microphone plugs into the front-panel of the receiver.
Note: You can choose bypass the AccuEQ for your front speakers or all speakers, and manually set the distance, crossover, EQ, and level of each speaker.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2ch, 2.8 MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X (firmware update), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos, & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The TX-RZ610 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing ceiling mounted or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2ch speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- DTS:X (via future firmware update): DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
Post Decoding Formats: The Onkyo AV receiver supports Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, and DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X (via future firmware update): DTS Neural:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
Onkyo Original DSP Modes: Onkyo's Original DSP Modes, combined with Dolby Digital & DTS processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Orchestra: For classical or operatic music.
- Unplugged: For acoustic instruments, vocals, and jazz.
- Studio-Mix: Suitable for rock or pop.
- TV Logic: Adds realistic acoustics to TV shows.
- Game: The receiver offers four different Gaming modes - RPG, Action, Rock, and Sports.
- All Ch Stereo: Stereo sound from all speakers. Ideal for background music.
- Full Mono: All speakers output the same sound in mono.
- Theater-Dimensional (T-D): Theater-Dimensional circuitry takes the complexity out of conventional surround-sound setups and lets you experience the excitement of surround sound from as few as two ordinary speakers. Theater-Dimensional's unique multi-speaker modes let you place up to five speakers conveniently by the TV, for the most realistic virtual-surround sound possible.
Direct Mode: In Direct mode, audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. This mode delivers pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration.
Audio Enhancements: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CinemaFilter: The CinemaFilter softens overly bright movie soundtracks. Movie soundtracks are typically mixed for a large theater (relative to your home theater) with lots of soft seats and thick curtains on the walls. Home theater settings often lack these high frequency absorbing wall treatments, making the soundtrack sound too bright. CinemaFilter accounts for this and for many movies sounds more natural at home.
- Music Optimizer: The Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files. The Music Optimizer function only works with PCM digital audio input signals with a sampling rate below 48kHz, analog input signals, and Bluetooth audio.
- Late Night Feature: The Late Night feature limits the dynamic range of Dolby Digital recordings. Limiting the dynamic range makes it easier to find a volume that ensures the quiet sounds are not too quiet and the loud sounds are not too loud for night time listening. This allows you to comfortably listen to without the need to constantly adjust the volume to keep from waking family/neighbors. The choices are: Off, Low, and High. This feature only works with Dolby Digital Encoded software and the depth of the feature will vary based on the individual software package.
Bass Management: The Onkyo AV receiver offers Tone Control, Phase Matching Bass technology, and a Double Bass feature to get the most bass impact out of your system.
- Tone Controls: You can independently adjust the Bass (90Hz) and Treble (7.5kHz) of the receiver's Front L/R channels from -10 to +10 dB.
- Phase Matching Bass: Onkyo's Phase-Matching Bass optimizes low frequencies while preserving mid-range clarity. This means that powerful bass plays back with clear vocals; it doesn't overpower them.
- Double Bass: You can also activate the Double Bass function in order to boost bass output even more by feeding bass sounds to the front left/right speakers, center-channel, and powered subwoofer.
Volume Setup: The Onkyo AV receiver provides the following volume settings.
- IntelliVolume: With IntelliVolume, you can set the input level for each input (+/-12dB) selector individually. This is useful if one of your source components is louder or quieter than the others. This function does not work in Zone 2.
- Maximum Volume: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from 50-99 (max), or Off (disabled).
- Power On Volume: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Last (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Min (0), or 1-99.
- Mute Level: Set the volume lowered from the listening volume when "Mute" is selected. Choose from 0, -40dB, or -20 dB.
- Headphone Level: With this setting, you can specify the headphone volume (+/-12dB) relative to the main volume. This is useful if there's a volume difference between your speakers and your headphones.
Phono Input: The Onkyo AV receiver is fitted with a Phono (MM) input and ground terminal for connection of a turntable, so you can enjoy listening to your vinyl records.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The TX-RZ610 is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting a portable audio player.
Analog Audio Outputs: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 is outfitted with the following analog audio outputs.
- Binding-Post Speaker Terminals: There are binding-post terminals for all speaker connections - Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back/Height, and Zone 2. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). Use 6- to 16-ohm speakers.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: The receiver is fitted with two subwoofer outputs to connect dual powered subs for extra bass. The dual outputs are wired in parallel and share the same input signal (the are not discrete).
- Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 has eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and dual HDMI 2.0a outputs. The dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). Thanks to the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, the receiver can support 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, 4:4:4 color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut.
- 4K/60Hz: The TX-RZ610 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and outputs. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: The receivers HDMI 1-3 inputs and both HDMI monitor outputs support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver's HDMI 1-3 inputs and both HDMI monitor outputs support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. HDMI inputs 4-8 only support 4K 60/50Hz @ YCbCr 4:2:0.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
1080p-to-4K HDMI Upscaling: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver can upscale 1080p HDMI video to 4K through its main HDMI monitor output.
Analog Video-to-HDMI Conversion: Analog composite and component video signals (480i only) input to the receiver will be converted to HDMI signals and then output from the receiver via its main HDMI monitor output to your TV. The resolution remains the same and is not upscaled.
Other HDMI Features: The TX-RZ610 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v. Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D-Ready: All HDMI jacks will accept 3D video from your 3D-ready Blu-ray player and output the video signal in 3D to your 3D-ready flat-panel television.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The receiver's main HDMI output features ARC (Audio Return Channel). This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. The sub HDMI monitor output does not support this feature.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- Auto Lip-Sync: The Lip-Sync function can automatically synchronize HDMI audio and video (for any HDMI jack) that has gotten out of sync due to the complex digital video processing being performed by your HDMI-compatible TV. With HDMI Lip-Sync, the audio delay required to synchronize the audio and video is calculated and applied automatically by the AV receiver. You can also manually correct the audio delay from 0 (no delay) to 400 milliseconds; in 10 millisecond steps.
HDMI Through: When enabling the HDMI Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "O" or in "Standby", both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI Through modes.
- Auto: Detects the signal and automatically selects the input sources.
- Source: Selects the HDMI input source for which the HDMI Through function in enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "standby" mode.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features two composite video inputs and two component video inputs which support 480i video signals only. All analog video input signals are converted to digital and sent via HDMI to your TV at 480i (no upscaling). The component video input are not capable of high-definition video.
Video Select: It is possible to play audio and video from different sources. For example, you can play audio via Bluetooth and video from your BD/DVD player. This function is only effective when an input with audio only (Network, Bluetooth, or Tuner) has been selected initially.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver supports a wired Ethernet (RJ-45) or wireless WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) network connection. Via the AV receiver's network connection, you can enjoy music files stored on your computer and listen to internet radio through a variety of online music services.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Onkyo AV receiver is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for connecting the player to your home network and computer. Connecting the A/V receiver's Ethernet port to a 100Base-TX switched Ethernet network is recommended for best results. Use a shielded CAT-5 Ethernet cable to connect the receiver to your home network.
- Built-in Wireless LAN: The AV receiver also features built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network, so you can enjoy the benefits of a cable-free network environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with a WiFi-enabled access point (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz). Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA Certified: Because the TX-RZ610 is DLNA (ver.15) certified, you can play back music files stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA compliant media server through the AV receiver. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6/11.2MHz)
- Lossless: ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-96kHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Internet Radio: The Onkyo TX-RZ610lets you access Internet Radio and various online music service providers through its wired or wireless network connection. The TX-RZ610 will display station name and program-related information; such as artist name, song/album title, and elapsed playing time. You can preset up to 40 of your "favorite" Internet radio stations for easy recall.
|TuneIn||With more than 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is a service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.|
|Pandora||Pandora is a free, personalized Internet radio service that plays the music you know and helps you discover music you'll love. You can select Internet radio stations by Artist, Song, or Genre.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Onkyo receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|Tidal (Via Future Firmware Update)||Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. Tidal has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access Tidal's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.|
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Chromecast Built-in (Via Firmware Update): Chromecast Built-in, the same technology behind Chromecast, lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Onkyo AV receiver and your connected speakers. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop.
- While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system.
- Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to you system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
AM/FM Tuner: With the built-in tuner you can enjoy AM and FM radio stations. You can store your favorite stations as presets for quick selection. You can store a combination of up to 40 of your favorite FM/AM radio stations as presets.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1+LE) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.3. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, & Mac laptop/computer, as well as other Bluetooth compatible devices to the Onkyo receiver.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the TX-RZ610 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You can use the receiver's IR remote control to operate basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- Song/Artist Information: The receiver will display song/artist information on its front-panel LCD and through its on-screen on your HDMI-connected TV. Album Art is not supported.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Onkyo receiver.
USB Mass Storage Class: This AV receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit will recognize USB MSC devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 with up to 20,000 music files. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Notes: USB hubs and USB devices with hub functions are not supported. MP3 players containing music files that are managed with special music software are not supported. Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android devices are not supported via USB.
Zone 2: In addition to the main listening room, you can also enjoy audio playback from a different source in another room of your home using the receiver's Zone 2 function. The receiver features Zone 2 line-outputs, as well as Zone 2 speaker terminals. By using the line-level outputs on the TX-RZ610 you can connect an external receiver or integrated amplifier in a second room, allowing you to listen to 7.1ch surround in the main room and play a different audio source in another room of your home. By using the speaker-level outputs on the TX-RZ610, you can directly connect a secondary pair of speakers in another room of your home, allowing you to listen to 5.1ch surround sound in your main room and play a different audio source in the other room. The volume of Zone 2 is controlled from the receiver when using the speaker outputs and from your add-on integrated amp when using the line-level outputs.
- Compatible Zone Sources: Tuner, Analog, Optical/Coax Digital (2ch PCM only), USB, Network (not DSD), and Bluetooth audio sources can be sent to Zone 2.
- Incompatible Zone Sources: HDMI audio/video and analog video sources cannot be output to Zone 2.
Note: As for Network, USB, and Bluetooth sources; you cannot select different inputs for the main room and Zone 2. For example, if a Network source been selected in the main room and then Bluetooth is selected as playback source in Zone 2, the input in the main room will also change to the Bluetooth source. When listening to AM/FM radio, you cannot select different stations for the main room and Zone 2.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
FireConnect MultiRoom Audio: A future firmware update will enable any audio source connected to the receiver (from vinyl to streaming audio) to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect, Powered by Blackfire, over a WiFi connection to an optional Onkyo wireless speaker (scheduled for release in summer 2016) placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile app on your smartphone.
Note: Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility of its AV receivers with other devices featuring FireConnect.
Google Home Multiroom: Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
Onkyo Remote App (for Apple iOS & Android): The Onkyo Remote App (from Apple's App Store & Google Play) allows you to operate the Onkyo AV receiver from your Apple iOS (4.3+) or Android (2.1+) device, using your home's wireless network. The Onkyo Remote App lets you access Internet Radio stations, AM/FM stations, DLNA content, and Input sources right from your mobile device. Content information will be displayed on the device's touchscreen. You also get to adjust tone controls, listening modes, and speaker volume from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. The Onkyo Remote App even allows you to wirelessly stream audio stored on your Apple iOS or Android device to the Onkyo AV receiver and lets you control audio output for up to two Zones. The Onkyo AV receiver and your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home network.
Google Home Voice Commands: With the Google Home voice-activated speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.2+), you can use your voice to control select functions of the Onkyo AV receiver. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music - all without lifting a finger.
IR Remote: The receiver comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this receiver and other HDMI-connected sources (via HDMI CEC).
HDMI Control: This function allows HDMI-CEC compatible components or RIHD-compatible components connected via HDMI to be controlled with the TX-RZ610 . The AV receiver offers the following HDMI-CEC controls.
- The AV receiver will enter Standby mode when the power of the TV is turned to Standby.
- You can set on the menu screen of the TV to either output the audio from the speakers connected to the AV receiver, or from the speakers of the TV.
- It is possible to output the audio/video from the antenna or from the input jack of the TV from the speakers connected to the AV receiver.
- Input to the AV receiver can be selected with the remote controller of the TV.
- Operations such as volume adjustment or similar for the AV receiver can be performed from the remote controller of the TV.
Remote Connection: The TX-RZ610 contains a IR input, 12V trigger output, and a RS-232C port for custom remote integration.
- IR Input: The 3.5mm IR input jack allows you to control the receiver without line-of-sight access using an optional IR remote control system and locating the remote sensor in sight.
- 12V Trigger Out: The 12V trigger output (3.5mm) can be connected to the 12-volt trigger input on a power amplifier in Zone 2 for remote turn-on.
- RS-232C Port: The TX-RZ610 has an RS-232C port for connection to external control systems from companies, such as AMX or Crestron.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Assistance (HDMI only): The Onkyo AV receiver offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. The initial setup assistant takes you step-by-step through speaker configuration, source connection, remote programming, and network connection.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV, FLAC, and ALAC music files via USB.
Name Edit: You can enter a custom name for each individual input selector and radio preset for easy identification. When entered, the custom name will appear on the display. This function cannot be used for the AM/FM, Network, USB, and Bluetooth input selectors.
Display Dimmer: The front-panel display brightness has three settings - Dim, Dimmer, and Normal.
Timers: The receiver features a programmable Auto Standby function & programmable Sleep Timer.
- Auto Standby: The AV receiver will automatically go into Standby mode, if there is no operation for 20 minutes with no audio/video signal input.
- Sleep Timer: From the remote, you can set the unit to automatically turn off after 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
Firmware Updates: Future firmware updates are available from the Onkyo website through the receiver's Network or USB connection. Visit Onkyo's online Download Center for the latest firmware updates.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
18 questions already asked