About the Onkyo TA-RW244
This dual auto-reverse deck offers Onkyo's trademark sturdy construction and superb sound quality at a wallet-friendly price. The sturdy chassis features an anti-resonant, brushed-aluminum front panel to dampen vibrations that can make recordings sound muddy. You also get Dolby B and C noise reduction to combat tape hiss.
The TA-RW244 is long on convenience, too. Relay auto-reverse mode plays both sides of the cassettes in both wells, for hours of continuous music. The four-digit electronic counter is switchable to reflect the tape position for either deck. You can also use the remote of a compatible Onkyo receiver to control this deck's major functions, or enjoy handy CD Synchro recording with a compatible Onkyo CD player.Details:
- auto-reverse record/play (deck B); auto-reverse play (deck A)
- full-logic controls
- normal/high-speed dubbing
- electronic tape counter
- anti-resonant front panel
- controllable by Onkyo receiver remotes
- Dolby B and C noise reduction
- frequency response (±3dB) 30-16,000 Hz metal tape
- signal-to-noise ratio 78 dB (Dolby C)
- wow and flutter .08%
- 17-3/16"W x 4-3/4"H x 13-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Dual cassette deck
- 2- 29" RCA stereo patch cords
- 28" RI cable (mono-minijack)
- Warranty/Registration card
- Card with Onkyo customer service number
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Onkyo TA-RW244
Automatic tape selector: Detects the type of cassette in the cassette holder and automatically sets the bias and equalization to the correct settings for Types I, II and IV cassette tapes.
Tape Counter: This unit has a single, 4-digit digital tape counter. The same counter is used for both Deck A and B by pressing an A/B button.
Dubbing: Tapes may be dubbed at high or normal speed.
Recording blank space insert: Allows you to insert a blank 5 second space (or longer) between each track.
Remote Interactive System (RI): This unit is fully compatible with Onkyo's RI system. This means you can control virtually all of the cassette deck's major functions with other Onkyo remote controls.
CD synchro recording: When connected to a CD player with the RI symbol, pressing the play button of the CD player will cause recording to begin automatically on this unit.
- Stereo RCA output
- Stereo RCA input
- RI remote control input and output (minijacks): Used to transmit remote codes from a compatible Onkyo unit to this unit.