About the USA SPEC SCD-A88i
You bought a Honda, and now the dealer is telling you that adding a CD changer will cost you an arm and a leg. Here's a solution the USA SPEC SCD-A88i 6-disc changer/adapter package can be connected to most 1994-up Honda radios with CD controls. If the radio has a button with "CD" or "CD Tape" printed on it, it will control a changer.
This high-quality 6-disc CD changer plugs into the factory system using the cable adapter no wire splicing or confusing modifications! You can mount the compact changer at five different angles for easy installation (changer is not compatible with factory mounting brackets).
If you lease your Honda or if you're happy with its changer-controlling factory receiver, here's the quick and easy way to get CD convenience and sound quality into your vehicle.
Note: It's important to check compatibility with us before purchasing please use the vehicle selector on our site, or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000.
- mounts at five different angles (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, or 90°)
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio 75 dB
- 10-1/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 6-Disc CD changer with 3 transport screws and attached transport screw note
- 1 SCD-iMAG 6-disc magazine
- 16' CDL-H78 adapter cable
- 2 Plastic mounting brackets
- 2 Plastic floor base plates
- 2 Plastic mounting angle fixing plates
- 4 Self-adhesive hole covers
- 4 Hex head self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws (each has a flat washer and a lock washer)
- Four 1" Hex head bolts
- 8 Hex nuts
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Warranty Registration Card
- Cable Instructions
- "Important Card" (note on plastic mounting angle fixing plates)
- "Caution" card (contains warnings and installation/usage tips)
USA SPEC SCD-A88i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA SPEC SCD-A88i
Compatibility: This changer can be controlled by the factory radio in select Honda vehicles. The necessary connecting cables are included.
Connections: The changer comes with a single connecting cable that is designed to be compatible with old and new Honda models. On the changer end of the CDL-H78 cable, there is an 8-pin male connector that plugs into the 8-pin female connector hardwired to the changer. On the vehicle end of the cable, there are two connectors; one connector is an 8-pin male connector, and the other is a blue 14-pin female connector. Compatible Honda radios will accept only one of the connectors from the vehicle end of the provided cable, and the remaining connector will remain unused.
Mounting: The CD changer may be mounted horizontally, vertically or at a 30, 45, or 60-degree angle. Additionally, the unit may be horizontally suspended from a rear deck or seat.
Note: This CD changer and the included mounting hardware are not identical to the factory changer and its hardware, so it may not be possible to install it in the factory CD changer location.
Magazine Access: To load or eject the magazine, you must manually slide the access door from left to right to gain access to the magazine compartment.
The USA SPEC SCD-A88i replaces these items
- Comes with cables for connection to CD changer-controlling stereos in most 1994-2001 Honda models (the Honda stereo will control a changer if it has a button with "CD" or "CD Tape" printed on it)