About the USA Spec BT45-INFI
Add Bluetooth to your Infiniti or Nissan
Add Bluetooth to your Infiniti or Nissan
You love your Infiniti or Nissan and its satellite radio, but you really want the convenience of Bluetooth. USA Spec designed the BT45-INFI adapter for 2003-10 Infiniti or 2007-12 Nissan Altima models with satellite radio, and the package includes everything you need to install it in your vehicle. It allows your Infiniti's radio to communicate with any Bluetooth-enabled devices with A2DP audio streaming. You can stream audio from your favorite phone apps (including games), and you'll be able to handle phone calls using the radio's controls or your steering wheel buttons.
The adapter also includes a 2.1-amp USB charging port as well as an auxiliary input for other non-Bluetooth audio devices. It supports text display so you'll see song and artist info on your factory radio.
Don't miss a call
With the latest in Bluetooth technology, the BT45 gives you great sound and works seamlessly with the vehicle's existing audio sources. You can carry on a noise-free conversation in almost any environment, and USA Spec's technology gives you the best possible sound quality. The built-in auto-mute function makes sure you never miss a call.
The BT45-INFI works with select 2003-10 Infiniti or 2007-12 Nissan Altima vehicles with satellite radio or which are pre-wired for satellite radio.
- lets you talk hands-free and stream music through the factory radio in select Infiniti vehicles
- includes wiring harness and microphone
- built-in auto-mute keeps you from missing calls
- auxiliary input for non-Bluetooth devices
- USB charging port
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BT45-INFI
What's in the box:
- Add-on Bluetooth interface module
- Microphone (w/ attached 16' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Vehicle/Interface harness (BT-INFI)
- Owner's Manual
USA Spec BT45-INFI reviews
If you want to stream music from your phone through your stock audio system, this is what you need. The instructions weren't very specific to my G35 sedan but with some googling, I was able to piece it together (the reason why I dinged it one star). I didn't want or need the microphone for bluetooth calling so that saved me a lot of time and hassle routing the wire through various interior panels and trim. The install is pretty easy if you don't mind climbing into your trunk and pulling some carpeting and trunk panels lose. The sound quality is great.
Pros: Affordable, easy install
Cons: Instructions could be more vehicle specific and clearer.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Works as described.had a little trouble finding the correct connector but found it in a different place than directions. Customer support is consistently the best I have ever used.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Expensive gadget that works up to warranty limit
Pros: Works ok for 3 month. Works sporadic after 3 months
Cons: Stop working after 6 month. No support for this gadget
0 of 1 found this helpful
See pros below. Installed by Authorized USA Spec dealer. Install was great (70 minutes). Mic quality on phone excellent (installed at mirror). Small learning curve as booklet directions are not for earlier G35's. Some trial and error needed. Sound quality on streaming phone media (Pandora/Slacker Radio) better than Sirus/XM. Bluetooth or 3.5mm quality equally good. Unfortunately CAR BATTERY DEAD after 30 hours. Had to remove battery from car, charge, reprogram ECM, reprogram windows, sunroof, and idle air adjustment and all radio presets.(looking forward to that bill). Car is back in garage with trickle charger waiting for replacement from Crutchfield and installer to remove existing radio, test for current draw and install new unit and test draw again. This is a known problem - check Crutchfield's site for other similar reviews. I love having to pay people twice to do the same job! My advice for installers, check current draw first before any other work. OBDPII scan devices will usually give that information. UPDATED 8/13/18: Quality control issues may leave your car stranded - I have received a second unit. Works with NO problems. Sound quality excellent, bluetooth connection excellent, 3.5mm jack works fine. A test of the usb port for charging also was also positive. (not using) Most of time bluetooth connection takes less that 5 seconds. Mike placement above mirror, sound quality and reception has been problem free. Familiarity with operation now makes it easy to use. Tapping the "tune" button as opposed to holding it down or up is all it takes. Overall very satisfied for a none OEM. Crutchfield Customer Service is as good as there is. UPDATED 2/21/19: 2nd unit exhibits same problem as first. Battery drain issues. after installing the second unit I replaced a good 520 Amp hour battery with a 720 amp Hour!! AGM battery. Unfortunately after 8 days unused in a garage the battery was totally flat. My other car with a 8 year old battery outside in 4 degree weather is starting fine after 28 days. Some assistance from the good folks at Crutchfield would be helpful.
Pros: -Bluetooth Sound -Wired Sound -Ease of Installation -Bluetooth Connectivity works very well with Android UPDATED 2/21/19: Sound quality, ease of installation, microphone, bluetooth
Cons: -Dreaded car battery short -Some instructions are unclear for 2003-2006 Infiniti G35 UPDATED 2/21/19: Dead Batteries
0 of 0 found this helpful
This product is great. Easy to hook up and it works great
0 of 0 found this helpful
I this installed in a 2005 Nissan Mazima which is acceptable per USA Spec. I chose this model instead of the BT-45 NIS because it can be installed via the SAT harness located in the trunk of my car (I have the Bose sound system without navigation). No need to pull the dash. Very simple install in the truck. The unit works great. Absolutely love the sound quality, etc. BUT it will drain your battery if you do not drive your car within two days of turning it off. The battery draw with the car turned off is .15 amps, FYI I've worked extensively with USA Spec to resolve this problem. They had me do a work around on the harness wires which kills the 12v constant draw (used for memory settings). It worked, so no battery drain now BUT this also kills the memory for presets.. specifically the voice command function which defaults to enabled every time the car is turned off. My wife is hard of hearing so when there is an incoming call, the voice notification is blaring. I can go through the cumbersome process to disable it each time I start the car but that's a pain. My wife says she can live with the enabled voice notification but it is a safety issue to me. We'll try it and see how she likes/dislikes it. Hopefully she won't be jolted outta her skin when she gets a call. Bottom iine is.. if you drive your car within 2 days of turning it off you'll good. If you're retired like us or you just don't drive your car for two days, you'll run into
Pros: Ease of installation (in trunk) Ability to stream music Excellent music sound quality Very good call quality
Cons: Battery drain if car not started for over 2 days No 100% solution; there are tradeoffs
6 of 6 found this helpful
I bought this adapter for my 2005 Infinit G35 sedan. I have the factory Bose stereo with no Bluetooth or aux inputs. I needed to add an aux input to play music from my Android phone. This adapter has both a wired aux input ( 3.5mm jack) and supports Bluetooth audio streaming, which basically is a wireless aux input. It also supports Bluetooth phone functions. I don't use Bluetooth for phone calls in my car so I can't comment on the phone functionality. The Bluetooth audio streaming sounds outstanding in my car, much better than I expected. The wired aux input also works and sounds excellent, but that what I expected from a wired aux input. Installation: This interface is designed to emulate the satellite radio input of your stereo. It doesn't replace the existing satellite input if you already have a satellite receiver, but instead adds an extra "satellite" input. The bad news is that the Mastersheets from Crutchfield don't cover this type of installation. The good news is that Google is your friend, and you can find this info on some of the enthusiast forums (like g35driver.com). Once I determined the satellite connection point, installation was easy. Also, the instructions from USASPEC are written for Infiniti/Nissan vehicles that have "Preset A-B-C" buttons on the radio, and instructions for switching between aux and Bluetooth are for that style of radio. Mine doesn't have that button so switching between them is different - use the "PTY/CAT" button.
Pros: Outstanding audio quality with both Bluetooth and wired aux inputs. Works well with factory stereo.
Cons: Doesn't include wired aux cable, or USB extension. I knew this when I bought it but it would be nice to have those included.
23 of 23 found this helpful
More details on the USA Spec BT45-INFI
Add-On Bluetooth Interface Module (for Infiniti): The USA Spec BT45-INF is a Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) Phone & Music Interface for select Infiniti and Nissan vehicles. The BT45-INF lets you add Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless music streaming to your compatible vehicle's factory radio. It also features an auxiliary input and USB charging port. The USA Spec BT45-INF includes a hide-away module, external microphone, and wiring harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The USA Spec BT45-INF is compatible with select 2003-2012 Infiniti & Nissan vehicles (as of 12/16/2014).
|Infiniti||G35 Sedan (all radios)||2003.5-2006|
|G35/37 Sedan (non-navigation)||2007-2009|
|G35 Coup (all radios)||2003-2007|
|G37 Coup (non-navigation)||2008-2009|
|M35 (all radios)||2003-2004|
|M35/45 (all radios)||all radios||2006-2007|
|QX56 (non-navigation)||all radios||2004-2007|
|Nissan||Altima (navigation with 6-disc MP3 changer)||2007-2012|
- You are able to keep your vehicle's factory installed Navigation, Satellite Radio, CD-changer, RSE (rear entertainment system), USB port, and/or Aux input.
- The USA Spec BT45-INF is not compatible if any of the above vehicle's factory radio contains an "iPod/Menu" button.
Bluetooth Pairing: The USA Spec BT45-INF can only be paired and connected to one Bluetooth device at a time. Its compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices such as Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows phone, and more.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the USA Spec BT45-INF.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The USA Spec BT45-INF supports Bluetooth Profile HFP for hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, so you can take (answer/end) phone calls through your vehicle's factory radio.
- Answering a Phone Call: When there is an incoming call, your factory stereo's music will be muted and an audible ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle speakers. You can even have the BT45-INF announce the caller's phone number through your sound system; and for most text-capable radios if you miss the announcement, you can view the caller's phone number on your factory radio's display. To answer the call, simply press the Seek/Tune or CH+ button on your factory radio or steering wheel control. To end or reject a call, press the Seek/Tune or CH- button on your factory radio or steering wheel control.
- Dialing a Phone Number: In order to dial a phone number, you will still need to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone; you cannot dial a number from the factory radio. Once you've dialed a number from your mobile phone, then the call will be automatically transferred to the BT45-INF and your factory stereo system.
- External Microphone: The USA Spec BT45-INF includes an external microphone to carry on your side of the conversation, while the caller's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found in many factory or aftermarket head units. The microphone is fitted with a 16' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector that connects to the BT45-INF module; it measures 0.9375" (w) x 0.6875" (h) x 1.625" (d). The microphone has a self-adhesive backing to mount it to your vehicle's driver-side pillar, head-liner trim, or dash (do not mount it to the windshield.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The BT45-INF supports Bluetooth Profiles A2DP and AVRCP for wireless audio streaming from a Bluetooth-enabled device that can also be controlled from the buttons on your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel; in some cases you can also view song/artist information on your factory radio's display.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or stream music apps (such as Pandora, SiriusXM Radio, iHeartRadio, etc.) that are playing on your Bluetooth device to your vehicle's sound system (all speakers will play).
- Music Control: You can control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls (other control functions will have to be done from your Bluetooth enabled device). You can control the volume of the music being streamed via your factory radio and steering wheel controls, or the Bluetooth device.
- Song/Artist Information: In many cases, you can view artist,
album, and song title information on your factory radio's display. In order
to view song/artist information on your factory radio's display, your
factory radio and your Bluetooth-enabled device must meet the following
- Your factory radio must have a "SAT" button or "Radio" & "CAT" buttons; a satellite radio does not need to be activated, nor does the satellite radio tuner need to be present.
- If you are using a Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, then it must be running iOS 6 or higher. If you are using a Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, then it must be running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) or higher operating system.
- Your device's Bluetooth AVRCP profiles must be 1.4 or higher.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the USA Spec BT45-INF is fitted with an auxiliary audio input (3.5mm) for connection of practically any portable audio device with a headphone jack output or analog audio output.
USB Charging Port: The USA Spec BT45-INF features a USB (type-A) port to charge your smartphone or other portable audio device in your vehicle. Because the BT45-INF is a hide-away device, you'll want to purchase a USB extension cable (sold separately) to make the unit's USB charging port accessible. The USB charging port is rated at 5V/2.1A.
Note: This USB port is for charging only; it does not support music streaming.
Dip Switches: There are 4 dip switches that will need to be configured to match the type of factory radio you have; "SAT" button or "Radio" & "CAT" button.
Installation: The USA Spec BT45-INF installs either under the dash or in the trunk (based on type of vehicle and where the XM Satellite Radio tuner is located).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked