About the USA SPEC SCD-G190CAD
You bought a Cadillac, and now the dealer is telling you that adding a CD changer will cost major bucks. Here's a solution the USA SPEC SCD-G190CAD 6-disc changer/adapter package can be connected to most 1997-2001 Cadillac radios that have CD controls.
This high-quality 6-disc changer needs no wire splicing or confusing modifications you simply connect the included adapter cable to the factory changer cable. The instructions will even tell you where to find the cable in your car. You can mount the compact changer at five different angles for easy installation (changer is not compatible with factory mounting brackets).
If you lease your car, or if you're happy with the changer-controlling factory receiver, this is a great way to get CD convenience and sound quality into your vehicle.
Note: It's important to check with us on your vehicle's compatibility before purchasing please use the vehicle selector on our website, or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000.Details:
- 6-disc CD changer with 6-disc magazine
- 13-1/2" changer cable/adapter
- mounts at five different angles (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, or 90°)
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio 80 dB
- 9-15/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 6-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 6-Disc CD changer with 4 transport screws and attached transport screw note
- 6-disc magazine
- 13.5" Interface cable (CAS-GCAD)
- 2 Plastic mounting brackets
- 2 Plastic floor base plates
- 2 Plastic mounting angle fixing plates
- 4 Phillips/Hex head self-tapping screws (length=9/16")
- 4 Machine screws (length=7/16") each has a flat washer and a lock washer
- 4 Hex head bolts (length=1-15/16")
- 4 Hex head bolts (length=15/16")
- 8 Hex nuts
- Self-adhesive magazine label
- "Important Card" (note about plastic mounting angle fixing plates)
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Warranty Registration Card (green)
- Caution card (yellow)
USA SPEC SCD-G190CAD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA SPEC SCD-G190CAD
Compatibility: The SCD-G190V5 is compatible with select 1997-2001 Cadillac vehicles. The changer plugs into the factory system using the adapter cable, avoiding wire splicing and modifications.
Cosmetics: The changer is dark gray with a white silk-screened graphic on the lower right corner of the front panel.
Mounting: This unit may be installed vertically, horizontally, or at a 30°, 45°, or 60° angle. There are 5-position switches on both sides of the unit that must be set to agree with the mounting angle of the unit. You must also install the supplied mounting angle fixing plates. Note: This CD changer and the included mounting hardware are not identical to the factory changer and its hardware, so it may not be possible to install it in the factory CD changer location.
Connections: One end of the adapter cable plugs into the changer and the other end interfaces with the factory CD changer cable. On the changer end, the adapter cable has a round 8-pin male connector. On the factory CD changer cable end, the adapter cable has a black rectangular 7-pin Molex connector.