About the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Ford
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Ford, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA SPEC's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible Ford factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface — you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. And the interface charges your iPod while it's connected.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select Ford factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA11-FORD 1
What's in the box:
- iPod-Ford1 adapter
- 49" iPod interface cable (CB-PA14)
- 46" Adapter to Ford radio interface (CAS-F12)
- 7.75" Adapter cable needed for certain Fords (CAS-F20)
- 6.625" Adapter cable needed for certain other Fords (CAS-F10)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual
- Limited warranty registration card
USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Ford reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Ford
FeaturesOverview: This adapter allows a compatible iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Nissan vehicles. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Compatibility: The PA11-FORD1 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes:
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Playlist Names: In order for the adapter/factory radio to recognize a playlist, it must be named FORD1... through FORD5... Text can follow the Ford name and number, such as FORD3_Favorites or FORD2-jazz. For a given disc slot (1-5), if there is no playlist named FORD followed by that number, that disc slot will not be available.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-FORD1 there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. When using the aux input the Play All mode is moved to the Disc 5 slot and the FORD5 custom playlist is lost. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 is set to the "Off" position.
Battery Charge: The PA11-FORD1 charges iPod battery when connected.
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected.
Pause: When a non iPod source is selected on the radio (AM/FM/Cass/CD) the iPod pauses.
Resume: If the iPod is not disconnected after use, it will resume playing where it left off when you restart the vehicle. If you're listening to a Ford playlist portably and you plug the iPod into the adapter, playback continues from the previous spot.
The USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Ford replaces these items
- Connect, control, and charge an iPod directly from your compatible Ford factory radio
- Direct Mode lets you access iPod playlists
- connect, control, and charge an iPod directly from your compatible Ford factory radio