About the USA SPEC GM iPod® Interface
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your General Motors vehicle, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Just install USA SPEC's GM PA11 iPod interface it allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, and to control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the included VET adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible 2004-up GM factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface and you'll control and charge your iPod while you drive.
The PA11 adapter features two different playlist options: create up to five mobile playlists and use the vehicle's CD changer controls to access them, or use the "Direct" mode to select your playlist with the iPod's controls. Either way, you'll always have full control of all iPod functions, including random or shuffle play. The interface also provides an additional auxiliary input so you can connect other devices as well.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select 2004-up GM factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- additional auxiliary input
- auto memory locates last song accessed on each play list
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA11-VETTE
What's in the box:
- iPod-GM adapter
- 46" iPod interface cable (CB-PA14)
- 94" Adapter to GM radio cable (CB-F12)
- OEM adapter harness (CB-VET)
- 16.5' Extension cable (CDL-EXT)
- Four 1/2" Self tapping screws
- Owners manual
- Corvette installation notes
- Warranty registration card
- Note about extension cable
USA SPEC GM iPod® Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA SPEC GM iPod® Interface
Features & specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter allows a compatible iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select GM vehicles. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
iPod Compatibility: The PA11-VETTE is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible GM factory radio (as of Oct. 2011):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes.
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Display: In most PA11-VETTE applications the factory radio will display the artist and song title in the Playlist Mode.
Playlist Names: In order for the adapter/factory radio to recognize a playlist, it should be named GM2... through GM6... Text can follow the GM name and number, such as GM4_artistname or GM3-jazz. For a given disc slot (1-5), if there is no playlist named GM followed by that number, that disc slot will play the first available playlist on the iPod (the second blank slot will play the second available playlist, etc).
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-VETTE there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected.
Playlist Mode Controls: In Playlist Mode the iPod is controlled using the factory radio buttons. Use the radio's preset controls to access the 5 custom mobile playlists, the Play All mode, or the auxiliary input. Track select, forward and backward, works just like on a CD. Other commands include shuffle play, fast track search (skips forward or backward 10 tracks), and fast forward/fast reverse within a song (available in shuffle mode only).
Battery Charge: The PA11-VETTE charges iPod battery when connected. Charging stops after 1 hour of non use to prevent draining the vehicle's battery.
CD Changer Port: This adapter uses the factory radio's XM Radio band controls to access the iPod. It is designed to co-exist with factory navigation systems, CD changers, XM tuners, DVD systems, and On-Star.
Pause: When a non iPod source is selected on the radio (AM/FM/Cass/CD) the iPod pauses.
Resume: If the iPod is not disconnected after use, it will resume playing where it left off when you restart the vehicle.