About the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for VW and Audi
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Volkswagen or Audi, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Just install USA SPEC's Volkswagen PA11 iPod interface — it allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, and to control song and playlist selections right from your radio.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the included VW6 adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible 1998-up Volkswagen factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface and you'll control and charge your iPod while you drive. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
The PA11 adapter features two different playlist options: create up to five mobile playlists and use the vehicle's CD changer controls to access them, or use the "Direct" mode to select your playlist with the iPod's controls. Either way, you'll always have full control of all iPod functions, including random or shuffle play. The interface also provides an additional auxiliary input — so you can connect other devices as well.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select 1998-up Volkswagen and Audi factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- additional auxiliary input
- auto memory locates last song accessed on each play list
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA11-VW6
What's in the box:
- iPod-VW adapter (PA11-VW6)
- 59" iPod interface cable (CB-PA85)
- 59" Adapter to VW radio cable (CAS-VW6)
- Owners manual
USA SPEC iPod® Interface for VW and Audi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for VW and Audi
Overview: This adapter allows a compatible iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select VW and Audi vehicles. Display of artist and song information, track search by artist, song title, album, or genre are not supported with this product. Playlist number and track number only are displayed on the radio. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional CAS-AD3 Cable: Some Audi vehicles require an additional cable. If you have a 1998-2007 A4, 1998-2002 Cabriolet, 1998-2007 A6, 1998-2003 A8, or a 2000-03 TT, you will need purchase the USA Spec CAS-AD3 cable (581CASAD3, sold separately).
iPod Compatibility: The PA11-VW6 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible VW or Audi factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Playback Modes: The PA11-VW6 provides two ways to control and access music on your iPod through the factory radio: Direct Mode and Playlist Mode:
- Playlist Mode: The iPod is operated and controlled like a CD changer. You can access a maximum of four playlists from the radio. The iPod's controls are not functional.
- Direct Mode: Search and select music on your iPod as you would normally, and all control functions on the iPod are available for use. The track up/down, fast forward and fast reverse buttons on the radio and steering wheel can be used to control the iPod. If you wish to play free WiFi music streams, such as Pandora, from your iPod touch or iPhone, you should use the Direct Mode.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-VW6 there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected.
Battery Charge: The PA11-VW6 charges the iPod battery when connected. Charging stops one hour after the iPod is paused or the ignition is turned off to prevent draining the vehicle's battery.
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected. An in-dash CD changer is not affected.
Pause: When a non-iPod source is selected on the radio (AM/FM/Cass/CD) the iPod pauses.
Resume: If the iPod is not disconnected after use, it will resume playing where it left off when you restart the vehicle.
The USA SPEC iPod® Interface for VW and Audi replaces these items
- Connect, control, and charge an iPod directly from your compatible Volkswagen factory radio
- Direct Mode lets you access iPod playlists
5 questions already asked