About the USA Spec iPod® Interface
You have a factory radio in your car, but that doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Install USA Spec's iPod interface and listen to your favorite tunes through your car's speakers. You can control song selection, and up to five different playlists right from the radio, including shuffle mode. The interface also charges your iPod while it's connected. Warranty: 1 year.
Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. The iPod interface uses the CD changer port, so any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
- iPod control adapter for select Toyota, Honda, or Isuzu factory stereos
- track up/down, fast-forward, reverse, and shuffle play
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- Direct Mode lets you control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists (requires a DIP switch change on the USA Spec adapter)
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- auxiliary input (RCA connectors) for another audio source
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA12-TOY
What's in the box:
- PA12-TOY iPod-to-Toyota interface
- 4' iPod interface cable (CB-PA14)
- 51" Adapter to Toyota radio interface (CAS-TYi)
- 5.5" Adapter cable (CAS-TA)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual
- Limited warranty registration card
- Installation note
USA Spec iPod® Interface Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface
Overview: This interface connects your iPod to select Toyota audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your Toyota radio's CD-changer controls into commands the iPod understands. This interface enables the iPod to take the place of a Toyota CD-changer or co-exist with a factory Toyota slave CD-changer and provides the following benefits:
- Directs the iPod's audio output to your Toyota's vehicle audio system for optimal sound quality playback.
- Controls the iPod via vehicle's radio and steering wheel controls (when applicable).
- Charges the iPod's internal battery, and charging stops automatically at one hour after the iPod is paused. The iPod goes into sleep mode when charging stops.
iPod Compatibility: The interface is compatible with the following generation 3 and later iPod models.
- iPod Photo
- iPod Video
- iPod U2
- iPod mini
- iPod nano (1st, 2nd and 3rd generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod touch
Note: The iPod classic, touch, nano 3rd generation and iPhone will not function when the interface is in Hybrid mode due to software changes in the newer iPods.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PA12-TOY interface is compatible with the following vehicles:
- 1998-2007 Toyota 4Runner
- 1998-2007 Toyota Avalon (Aux source only)
- 1998-2007 Toyota Camry
- 1998-2007 Toyota Corolla, Echo
- 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2001-2007 Toyota Highlander
- 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2005-2007 Toyota Matrix
- 1998-2004 Toyota MR2, Celica
- 2004-2007 Toyota Prius
- 1998-2005 Toyota RAV4
- All model Years Toyota Scions
- 1998-2007Toyota Sequoia, Tundra
- 1998-2007 Toyota Sienna
- 1998-2007 Toyota Solara
- 1998-2007 Toyota Tacoma
- 2007 Toyota Yaris
Note: The PA12-TOY is not compatible with the Avalon navigation radio. Please use Crutchfield's "Outfit My Car" Link to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Operation Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following modes of operation.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times.
iPod Text: Pressing the TEXT button on your factory Toyota radio while your iPod plays in the Playlist mode, allows the artist name and song title to be displayed on your factory radio. The Artist name is displayed at the first time press of the TEXT button and song title is displayed at the second time press of the TEXT button. The Playlist disc number and track number will be displayed at the third time press of the TEXT button.
iPod Playback: All audio tracks on the iPod will be played at Disc 6. The track order is determined by the default order on the iPod. Selecting discs 1 through 5 on the factory radio will allow playback of 5 playists on the iPod if the Aux Input is not selected. You can select a playlist by pressing the Disc Up or Disc Down buttons. Playlists which are created for direct access must be designated with the word "TOYOTA" and the disc number. If no "TOYOTA" playlists are designated, the first five playlists on the iPod are accessible from the Disc 1 through Disc 5 buttons.
Note: Track search by artist, song title or album are not supported. Some of the older design Toyota radios do not have the TEXT button feature.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA12-TOY there is an auxiliary input (stereo RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, or game system. The aux input is selected at CD 6 Track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 must be set to the "Off" position.
Note: When the Aux input is used, the "All Tracks" playlist is moved to Disc 5, and playlist "TOYOTA5" is lost.
Controls: The factory radio's controls give you access to the following iPod functions:
- Scan: plays first 10 seconds of each track
- Random (Shuffle): songs are played back in random order (some radios have a "P scan" button for this function)
- Track Up/Down: the "Next" button advances to the next track in the playlist; the "Prev" button allows you to jump to the beginning of the currently playing song
- Fast Track Search: the "Fwd" or "Rev" button will advance or retreat through the tracks in increments of 10 (i.e. 04, 14, 24...).
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse Play: While in Random mode, press the forward or backward button to fast forward or fast reverse through the current song.
Note: Repeat play is not supported by this interface. Switching to another source, such as AM/FM, CD, or Cassette, puts the iPod into pause mode.