About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Acura
You have a factory radio in your Acura, but that doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Install USA Spec's iPod interface and listen to your favorite tunes through your car's speakers. You can control song selection, and up to six different playlists right from the radio, including shuffle mode. The interface also charges your iPod or iPhone® while it's connected. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more. The interface also includes an auxiliary input for connecting another source to your factory radio.
Note: While most iPods will work with this interface, you should check the "Details" tab to see if your iPod is compatible. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter.
This interface works with select 2004-up Acura radios. Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
- iPod connection adapter for select Acura factory stereos with navigation (without Live Traffic)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- track up/down, fast-forward, reverse, and shuffle play
- use up to six playlists (select six favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first six on your iPod)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15 HON3
What's in the box:
- PA15-HON3 iPod to Honda/Acura interface
- 6' iPod to interface cable (CB-PA105)
- 4' Interface to OEM radio cable (CAS-H3Y)
- Owner's manual
USA Spec iPod® Interface for Acura reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Acura
Overview: The USA SPEC PA15-HON3 interface connects a compatible iPod to select Acura audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your Acura radio's in-dash CD-changer or XM controls into commands the iPod understands. This interface enables the iPod to coexist with your Acura in-dash CD-changer or XM tuner and provides a line-level input to your Acura's audio system for optimal sound quality. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Charging: The iPod's internal battery is charged whenever it's connected to the PA15-HON3; charging stops automatically 30 minutes after the ignition is turned off or the iPod is paused.
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-HON3 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Acura factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Control Modes: The iPod can be controlled using the factory XM Radio controls (if the radio has an XM button) or the factory CD changer controls. Depending on which controls you choose, there are three modes of controlling your iPod:
- Folder Mode: You can access three folders (Playlist, Artist, and Album) on your iPod from your Acura radio to search for your music. Folder mode is available only when using the XM Radio controls. Choose Folder Mode using the DIP switches on the module during installation.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to six mobile playlists then use your radio's in-dash CD changer or XM radio controls to access and control your playlists. Choose Playlist Mode using the DIP switches on the module during installation.
- Direct Mode: All the controls on the iPod are unlocked in Direct Mode, giving you total control remotely. The Radio still has basic controls; track up, track down, fast forward, and fast reverse. Direct mode is available using XM Radio or CD changer controls and you can easily switch between Direct and Folder or Playlist modes.
Note: When using the factory radio's XM controls, the iPod will be controlled through XM 1 band, while your factory XM radio will be controlled through XM 2 band.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
iPod Text: The Artist name and song title text can be displayed on the radio if the factory radio has XM Radio control buttons (text is not displayed in Direct Mode).
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA15-HON3 there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected.
Vehicle Compatibility: This interface enables your iPod to co-exist with the navigation, in-dash CD changer, XM radio receiver and DVD system of many Acura vehicles; please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility.
3 questions already asked