About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Honda
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Honda or Acura, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home, along with the hours and hours of music it contains. Just install USA Spec's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to your compatible Honda or Acura factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface — you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. It'll even display song info when used with newer vehicles equipped with a satellite-ready factory stereo. And the interface charges most iPods while connected.
You'll get a handy auxiliary input for connecting other sources, such as a satellite radio or another type of MP3 player.
Please enter your vehicle information and check Installation Details to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. You can also call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for help.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select Honda factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's XM satellite radio or CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- auxiliary input (RCA) for connecting additional music sources
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15-HON2
What's in the box:
- PA15-HON2 iPod to Honda/Acura interface
- 6' iPod to interface cable (CB-PA105)
- 14-Pin to 14-pin connector harness (CAS-HXM)
- 14-Pin to 8-Pin connector cable (CAS-H2Y)
- Owner's Manual
USA Spec iPod® Interface for Honda reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Honda
Overview: The USA SPEC PA15-HON2 interface connects a compatible iPod to select Honda and Acura audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your Honda/Acura radio's in-dash CD-changer or XM controls into commands the iPod understands. This interface enables the iPod to coexist with your Honda/Acura in-dash CD-changer or XM tuner, and provides the following benefits:
- iPod Direct Connect: Directs the iPod's audio output to your Honda/Acura's vehicle audio system for optimal sound quality playback
- iPod Control: Controls the iPod via vehicle's radio and
steering wheel controls (when applicable)
- Song up/down Playlist/disc select, shuffle and random play features all control iPod
- Auto Skip 10+ songs in each play list with factory in-dash CD Changer FF button
- Auto skip to end of play list with factory in-dash CD Changer FF button
- Auto memory feature - Auto locates last song listened to on each play list
- Auto Maintain current play list when migrating from portable to in car use
- iPhone App Streaming: Supports your iPhone's audio streaming apps, such as Pandora, Livio, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM & more (in Direct mode only).
- iPod Charging: Charges the iPod's internal battery, and charging stops automatically at one hour after the iPod is paused; the iPod goes into sleep mode when charging stops
Vehicle Compatibility: Please consult the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-HON2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Honda or Acura factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) or cable (472LT30PAD, sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes:
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 6 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's in-dash CD changer or XM radio controls to access and control your playlists.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Folder Mode: You can access three folders (Playlist, Artist, and Album) on your iPod from your Honda/Acura radio to search for your music.
Note: When using the factory radio's XM controls, the iPod will be controlled through XM preset 1, while your factory XM radio will be controlled through XM preset 2.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
iPod Text: The USA SPEC PA15-HON2 allows iPod text on all compatible Honda/Acura factory radios that have a satellite button but do not have navigation (factory navigation systems do not support iPod text display using this adapter). Artist name and song title will be displayed on the factory radio.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA15-HON2 there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 is set to the "On" position.
The USA Spec iPod® Interface for Honda replaces these items
- iPod connection adapter for select Honda/Acura factory radios
- browse by album
- or playlist
- works with iPhone®, including iPhone 4
- Connect, control, and charge an iPod directly from your compatible Honda factory radio
- Direct Mode lets you access iPod playlists
8 questions already asked