About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Toyota, Scion, Lexus, and Isuzu
Just because you have the factory radio in your car doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Install USA Spec's iPod interface and listen to your favorite tunes through your car's speakers. You can control song selection, and up to five different playlists right from the radio, including shuffle mode. The interface also charges your iPod while it's connected. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. The iPod interface uses the CD changer port, so any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod control adapter for select 1998-up Toyota-built factory stereos
- track up/down, fast-forward, reverse, and shuffle play
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode lets you control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- auxiliary input (RCA connectors) for another audio source
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15-TOY
What's in the box:
- PA15-TOY iPod-to-Toyota/Lexus/Scion interface
- 6' iPod interface cable (CB-PA105)
- 4' Adapter to Toyota radio interface (CAS-TYi)
- 9" Adapter cable (CAS-TA)
- Owner's manual
- DIP Switch guide
- Design change note (about removal of Hybrid Mode)
USA Spec iPod® Interface for Toyota, Scion, Lexus, and Isuzu reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Toyota, Scion, Lexus, and Isuzu
Overview: This interface connects a compatible iPod/iPhone to select 1997-2013 Toyota, Lexus, Scion, and Isuzu audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your factory radio's CD-changer controls into commands the iPod/iPhone understands. This interface allows you to retain CD changer, Rear Seat Entertainment/DVD, and Satellite Radio - while providing the following iPod/iPhone functions through your vehicle's factory radio:
- Directs the iPod/iPhones's audio output to your vehicle's audio system for optimal sound quality playback.
- Supports your iPhone's audio streaming apps, such as Pandora, Livio, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM & more (in Direct mode only).
- Controls the iPod/iPhone via vehicle's radio and steering wheel controls (when applicable).
- Charges the iPod/iPhone's internal battery, and charging stops automatically at one hour after the iPod is paused. The iPod/iPhone goes into sleep mode when charging stops.
Specific Features: The PA15-TOY displays song title and artist information on all radios with a "Text" button. The PA15-TOY allows connection through the XM/CDC port.
Vehicle Compatibility: Please consult the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-TOY is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Toyota, Lexus, Scion, or Isuzu factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Operation Modes: The iPod/iPhone interface adapter features the following modes of operation:
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 6 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod/iPhone while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod/iPhone content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play, but you can manually control your iPod/iPhone & select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice. (Disk 8 is dedicated to Direct Mode use).
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times. (Some iPods may not work in the Hybrid mode.)
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Manual Correction: Although the current manual details a third operation mode, Hybrid Mode, the PA15-TOY does not offer this feature. Hybrid Mode was removed to improve operational consistency.
iPod Text: Pressing the TEXT button on your factory radio while your iPod/iPhone plays in the Playlist mode, allows the artist name and song title to be displayed on your factory radio. The Artist name is displayed at the first time press of the TEXT button and song title is displayed at the second time press of the TEXT button. The Playlist disc number and track number will be displayed at the third time press of the TEXT button.
iPod Playback: All audio tracks on the iPod/iPhone will be played with text display at Disc 7 in Direct Mode, or Disc 8 without text display. The track order is determined by the default order on the iPod. Selecting discs 1 through 6 on the factory radio will allow playback of 6 playlists on the iPod/iPhone. You can select a playlist by pressing the Disc Up or Disc Down buttons. Playlists which are created for direct access must be designated with the word "TOYOTA" and the disc number. If no "TOYOTA" playlists are designated, the first six playlists on the iPod/iPhone are accessible from the Disc 1 through Disc 6 buttons.
Note: Track search by artist, song title or album are not supported. Some radios do not have the TEXT button feature.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod/iPhone input on the PA15-TOY there is an auxiliary input (stereo RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, or game system. The aux input is selected at CD 9 Track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod/iPhone connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 must be set to the "On" position.
Controls: The factory radio's controls give you access to the following iPod/iPhone functions:
- Scan: plays first 10 seconds of each track in the current playlist (if scan is pressed at Disc 7, it will play all songs in the iPod/iPhone for 10 seconds each)
- Random (Shuffle): songs in the current playlist are played back in random order (some radios have a "P scan" button for this function)
- Track Up/Down: the "Next" button advances to the next track in the playlist; the "Prev" button allows you to jump to the beginning of the currently playing song
- Fast Track Search: the "Fwd" or "Rev" button will advance or retreat through the tracks in increments of 10 (i.e. 04, 14, 24...)
Note: Repeat play is not supported by this interface. Switching to another source, such as AM/FM, CD, or Cassette, puts the iPod/iPhone into pause mode.
USA Spec Bluetooth Interface Compatible: The USA Spec PA15-TOY works with the USA SPEC BT35-TOY Bluetooth interface (sold separately). They simply daisy chain together.
9 questions already asked