About the Tivoli Audio Model One® BT
A longtime favorite just got better
A longtime favorite just got better
Tivoli took their famous Model One AM/FM table radio and added Bluetooth. So now you can enjoy your favorite radio stations and your favorite music from your smartphone or tablet. All in a simple system that simply delivers great sound.
High-quality radio reception
The Model One's super-sensitive tuner pulls in stations that elude other radios, and a special frequency-contouring circuit continually adjusts audio output, maintaining detailed sound even with a weak signal. The single 3-inch long-throw speaker delivers warm, yet clear mono sound in an expansive sound field, even when you turn up the volume.
Wireless Bluetooth convenience
The Model One BT lets you make a wireless Bluetooth connection from your smartphone, tablet or other portable player. And you're not limited to just the music stored on your device. Use your tablet to connect to your favorite online music streaming service, for example, and enjoy your own personal radio station's selections throught the Model One BT. Or stream the soundtrack from the video you're watching on your smartphone.
Fine cabinet design
The Model One features a hand-crafted wooden case with a layered finish, similar to that of fine furniture. It also functions as an inert speaker cabinet, so you only get the sound of the speaker with no sonic colorations from the case. A passive port reinforces bass and mid/bass frequencies.
Just the controls you need
Controls for the Model One BT are stripped down to the essentials: volume, AM/FM/Bluetooth, and tuning. The Model One's 5-to-1 ratio analog dial lets you "fine tune" with greater accuracy than a digital tuner. An LED light changes intensity as you tune, letting you know when the signal strength is strongest.
- mono AM/FM radio
- built-in AM and FM antennas
- streams audio from Bluetooth-enabled devices like smartphones and tablets
- high-performance 3" long-throw driver
- ported cabinet for enhanced bass
- 5-to-1 ratio analog tuning dial for accurate tuning
- furniture-grade hand-crafted wood cabinet
- minijack audio input for connecting a non-Bluetooth portable player
- line-level minijack output for recording
- minijack headphone output
- AC power adapter
- 8-3/8"W x 4-9/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1BTCLA
What's in the box:
- Tabletop AM/FM radio w/ built-in Bluetooth
- 10' AC power cord
- FM wire antenna
- 2 Cable-clips
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
Tivoli Audio Model One® BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tivoli Audio Model One® BT
Ported Wood Cabinet w/ Full-Range Mono Driver: The Tivoli Audio Model One BT features a furniture-grade, handmade, real-wood cabinet that is both beautiful and acoustically inert. The Model One BT uses a single 3.0" heavy-magnet, long-throw full-range driver for great sound. The 3.0" full-range driver is mated to a frequency contouring circuit that automatically adjusts output over half-octave increments, resulting in musically accurate tonal balance and bass response. The enclosure's down-firing port provides added efficiency and bass-response.
Henry Kloss Analog AM/FM Tuner w/5:1 Analog Tuning Dial: The Model One BT is equipped with a Henry Kloss analog AM/FM tuner for precise radio station tuning. To take full advantage of the AM/FM tuner's high sensitivity and selectivity, the Model One BT uses a precise analog tuning system with a geared-down 5:1 ratio analog tuning dial for accurate, easy selection of the maximum number of stations. The 5:1 tuning gear ratio provides easy, accurate tuning. A front-panel LED tuning indicator illuminates amber and is brightest when the best tuning has been achieved (some listenable AM stations will not light the tuning indicator and should be tuned by ear for the clearest signal). The tabletop radio's internal FM and AM antennas provide good reception in most applications. Locating the Model One BT near a window will provide better reception. The unit is also equipped with external AM/FM antenna connections and comes with an external FM wire antenna.
- Internal/External FM Antenna: An alternative to the tabletop radio's built-in FM antenna, is the supplied indoor external FM wire antenna or optional FM dipole antenna (sold separately). Also, connecting your cable television 75-ohm coaxial cable to the radio's external FM connection may provide clearer local FM reception; although you must usually request activation of this service through your cable company.
- Internal/External AM Antenna: When listening to AM, rotate the Model One itself to align the internal AM antenna for improved reception. There is a 3.5mm external AM antenna input for connecting an optional AM antenna (sold separately) to achieve even better AM reception.
Built-in Bluetooth (A2DP): The Tivoli Audio Model One BT offers built-in Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR technology with advanced A2DP profile for high-quality wireless audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled device; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop, or other device. The Model One BT also incorporates Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) which result in low-to-no noise interference with other wireless devices. You will continue to control playback of your Bluetooth connected device from the device, itself (not the Model One BT).
Notes: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Model One BT.
Audio Connections: The Model One BT AM/FM radio is equipped with the following rear-panel audio inputs and outputs.
- Auxiliary Input: The unit features a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external device (such as your CD player or MP3 player), so you can listen to audio from the connected device through the Model One's mono speaker.
- Record Output: The radio's 3.5mm record output (fixed) lets you record music from the built-in AM/FM radio to a connected tape-deck or CD recorder. You can also use the Model One's record output to the connect the AM/FM tabletop radio to your home entertainment system.
- Headphone Output: The radio is equipped with a 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of stereo headphones for private listening. Connecting headphones will mute the Model One's mono speaker.
Source Knob: The Model One tabletop radio is equipped with a 4-position source knob - AM, FM, Aux, and Off.
Volume Knob: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a rotary volume control knob which operates the volume level for the unit's mono speaker and headphone output.
Placement: Place the Tivoli Audio Model One BT on a flat, stable surface (do not block the bottom bass port). The radio is not video shielded and should be kept at least 5" away from a computer monitor or television. The unit can be positioned vertically, as well as horizontally. Placement in a bookcase, cabinet, or close to walls or corners may increase bass response.
AC Power Adapter: The Tivoli Audio Model One BT operates off of standard household AC current using the supplied 10' AC power cord (117V-60Hz/25W). The unit features a front-panel LED which illuminates green when the unit's power is 'On'.
Note: The 12VDC/800ma port is for use with an optional 1A fused/12VDC adapter (sold separately), for operation in a boat or camper. The connector must be a 5.5mm/2.1mm center-positive.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked