About the Tivoli Audio Model One
Remarkably clear sound
Remarkably clear sound
Tivoli designed the Model One to be one thing: the best AM/FM table radio you've ever heard. The super-sensitive tuner pulls in stations that elude other radios, and a special frequency-contouring circuit continually adjusts audio output, maintaining detailed sound even with a weak signal. The single 3-inch long-throw speaker delivers warm, yet clear mono sound in an expansive sound field, even when you turn up the volume.
Fine cabinet design
The Model One features a hand-crafted wooden case with a layered finish, similar to that of fine furniture. It also functions as an inert speaker cabinet, so you only get the sound of the speaker with no sonic colorations from the case. A passive port reinforces bass and mid/bass sounds.
Just the controls you need
Controls for the Model One are few and easy to operate — volume, AM/FM, and tuning.
Controls for the Model One's controls are stripped down to the essentials: volume, AM/FM, and tuning. That large analog tuning dial is there for a reason. Many digital tuners have a hard time bringing in stations that aren't exactly on the frequency. This is especially true of distant stations, because the signal can drift slightly as it moves through the atmosphere. The Model One's 5-to-1 ratio dial lets you "fine tune" the reception. An LED light changes intensity as you tune, letting you know when the signal strength is strongest. If you can't find anything on the airwaves you like, you can use the input in back to plug in your MP3 player.
- mono AM/FM radio
- built-in AM and FM antennas
- high-performance 3" long-throw driver
- ported cabinet for enhanced bass
- 5-to-1 ratio analog tuning dial for accurate tuning
- furniture-grade hand-crafted wood cabinet
- minijack audio input for connecting an external source like an MP3 player
- line level output for recording
- minijack headphone output
- AC power adapter
- 8-3/8"W x 4-9/16"H x 6-7/8"D
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1CLA
What's in the box:
- Tabletop AM/FM radio
- 10' AC power cord
- FM wire antenna
- 2 Cable-clips
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
Tivoli Audio Model One reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tivoli Audio Model One
Overview: The Tivoli Audio Model One is a tabletop AM/FM radio which features a handmade, acoustically inert wood cabinet and a full-range mono speaker for great AM/FM sound in your home or at the office. The Model One also features an auxiliary input, record output, and a headphone output. The Model One tabletop radio operates off of AC power.
Note: The Tivoli Audio Model One is available in the following finishes - Black/Silver, Cherry/Blue, or Walnut/Classic Beige.
AM/FM Tuner: The Tivoli Audio Model One is equipped with a Henry Kloss analog AM/FM tuner for precise radio station tuning.
5:1 Analog Tuning Dial: To take full advantage of the AM/FM tuner's high sensitivity and selectivity, the Model One uses a precise analog tuning system with a geared-down 5:1 ratio analog tuning dial for accurate, easy selection of the maximum number of stations. The 5:1 tuning gear ratio provides easy, accurate tuning.
AM/FM Antennas: The tabletop radio's internal FM and AM antennas provide good reception in most applications. Locating the Tivoli Audio Model One near a window will provide better reception. The unit is also equipped with external AM/FM antenna connections and comes with an external FM wire antenna.
- Internal/External FM Antenna: An alternative to the tabletop radio's built-in FM antenna, is the supplied indoor external FM wire antenna or optional FM dipole antenna (sold separately). Also, connecting your cable television 75-ohm coaxial cable to the radio's external FM connection may provide clearer local FM reception; although you must usually request activation of this service through your cable company.
- Internal/External AM Antenna: When listening to AM, rotate the Model One itself to align the internal AM antenna for improved reception. There is a 3.5mm external AM antenna input for connecting an optional AM antenna (sold separately) to achieve even better AM reception.
Note: An optional outdoor AM/FM antenna will provide the best possible reception.
Tuning Indicator: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a front-panel LED tuning indicator. The LED tuning indicator illuminates amber and is brightest when the best tuning has been achieved.
Note: Some listenable AM stations will not light the tuning indicator and should be tuned by ear for the clearest signal.
Source Knob: The Model One tabletop radio is equipped with a 4-position source knob - AM, FM, Aux, and Off.
Wood Cabinet: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a furniture-grade, handmade, real-wood cabinet that is both beautiful and acoustically inert.
Full-Range Driver: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a single 3.0" heavy-magnet, long-throw full-range driver for great AM/FM sound.
Frequency Contouring Circuit: The Model One's 3.0" full-range driver is mated to a frequency contouring circuit that automatically adjusts output over half-octave increments, resulting in musically accurate tonal balance and bass response.
Down-Firing Port: The Model One features a down-firing port for added efficiency and bass-response.
Volume Knob: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a rotary volume control knob which operates the volume level for the unit's mono speaker and headphone output.
Audio Connections: The Model One AM/FM radio is equipped with the following rear-panel audio inputs and outputs.
- Auxiliary Input: The Tivoli Audio Model One features a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external device (such as your CD player or MP3 player), so you can listen to audio from the connected device through the Model One's mono speaker.
- Record Output: The radio's 3.5mm record output (fixed) lets you record music from the built-in AM/FM radio to a connected tape-deck or CD recorder. You can also use the Model One's record output to the connect the AM/FM tabletop radio to your home entertainment system.
- Headphone Output: The Model One radio is equipped with a 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of stereo headphones for private listening. Connecting headphones will mute the Model One's mono speaker.
Placement: Place the Tivoli Audio Model One on a flat, stable surface (do not block the bottom bass port). The Model One radio is not video shielded and should be kept at least 5" away from a computer monitor or television. The Model One can be positioned vertically, as well as horizontally. Placement in a bookcase, cabinet, or close to walls or corners may increase bass response.
AC Power Adapter: The Tivoli Audio Model One operates off of standard household AC current using the supplied 10' AC power cord (117V-60Hz/25W).
12VDC/800ma Port: This input is for use with an optional 1A fused/12VDC adapter (sold separately), for operation in a boat or camper. The connector must be a 5.5mm/2.1mm center-positive.
Front-Panel LED: The Model One features a front-panel LED which illuminates green when the unit's power is 'On'.
7 questions already asked