About the Tivoli Model One® Digital
Radio for the 21st Century
Radio for the 21st Century
Tivoli's Model One Digital lets you enjoy wireless streaming from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, select your favorite songs from TIDAL, Spotify, and other services via Wi-Fi, and even listen to the ballgame on an FM station. Yet it has the same classic look and rich, mono sound of the classic Tivoli Model One.
Control playback with a free app
The free Tivoli Audio Wireless app lets you get the most from your Model One Digital. It turns your smartphone or tablet into a remote. It also lets you select sources from your home network and the internet.
Stream music from your library of tunes on your computer or NAS drive. Play songs from leading streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, and TIDAL. Listen to radio stations from all over the world with TuneIn. The app's available from the iTunes App Store® and Google Play.
Simple multi-room audio
The app also lets you use multiple Model One Digital and other Tivoli ARTS speakers together. You can pair two Model Ones for stereo sound. Or create a simple multi-room audio system. Have all your Tivoli ARTS speakers play the same song simultaneously, or have a different song playing in each room.
You can customize the name of each connected device. Designate speakers by the room they're in, for example. You can also customize speaker groupings, so you could select just the first-floor speakers with a single tap.
Fine cabinet design
The Model One features a hand-crafted cabinet with a layered fine-furniture finish. Its dense wood construction resists vibration, so you only get the sound of the speaker. A passive rear-firing port reinforces bass and mid-bass frequencies. The grille is made of eco-friendly fabric by the famed Danish design company Gabriel.
- FM radio with retractable antenna
- built-in Bluetooth for playing music from smartphones, tablets, and laptops
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Tivoli Audio Wireless app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- remote volume and tuner control
- stream music from networked computer or NAS drive
- stream from internet services, including Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, TuneIn, or QQ Music
- pair two Model One Digital speakers for stereo
- control multiple Model One Digital speakers and compatible Tivoli ART speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- displays current song and artist information
- eco-friendly grille fabric by Gabriel
- high-performance mono driver
- ported cabinet for enhanced bass
- furniture-grade hand-crafted wood construction
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- AC power cable
- 8-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 5-1/2"D
- weight: 3.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1DWAL
What's in the box:
- Tabletop FM radio with built-in Bluetooth and WiFi
- AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- 4 AC power plugs (US/EU/AU/UK)
- Telescopic antenna
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Information booklet
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Play music over Wireless Network" note
- Spotify brochure
Tivoli Model One® Digital reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tivoli Model One® Digital
ART Series: The Model One Digital is part of Tivoli Audio's ART series of speakers with built-in FM tuner, Bluetooth audio, and WiFi. The ART series speakers can perform in mono, stereo, or be used as a multi-room system.
Built-in WiFi: The Model One Digital tabletop radio speaker system is equipped with built-in 2.4GHZ WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for wireless connectivity to your home's WiFi network. Through its WiFi connection, you can access select online music services and your mobile devices music library using the Tivoli Wireless App (for Apple iOS & Android).
Note: This system does not offer a hardwired (Ethernet) network connection.
Tivoli Wireless App: The Tivoli Wireless app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+) is required for connecting to your home's WiFi network, speaker setup, and streaming of select online music services. From the Tivoli Wireless app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can also setup stereo pairing and a multiroom system between Tivoli Audio ART series speakers.
Online Music Sources: The Tivoli Wireless app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) gives you access to the following online music services.
- TuneIn: With more than 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is an online Internet Radio service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.
- Tidal: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality
- Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select and stream to the Model One Digital from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android).
- Deezer: The Deezer music streaming service lets you navigate and search over 35 million tracks, access your playlists and add new songs to your favorites.
Music Library (w/ DDMS Mode): From the Tivoli Wireless app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can wirelessly stream your mobile device's stored music library to the Model One Digital speaker system. If you are using the Model One Digital in an area where there is no internet connection, but you wish to play your music library from your smartphone or tablet, you can wirelessly connect to the Model One Digital directly via DDMS mode (music streaming services or anything requiring an internet or data connection will not function in DDMS mode).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth source device (like smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the Model One Digital tabletop speaker system. You can control Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track functions from the speaker system. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. You can even take the music being wirelessly streamed from your Apple iOS or Android device over Bluetooth and send it to other ART series speaker by Tivoli over WiFi.
Note: This speaker system does not offer Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
FM Tuner: The Tivoli Audio Model One Digital tabletop speaker system is equipped with a built-in FM tuner (no AM tuner). The FM tuner offers seek and preset tuning. The radio comes with a telescopic antenna which extends from to 5.5" to 27.75". You can even wirelessly stream the Model One Digital's FM radio to other ART series speaker by Tivoli Audio over WiFi.
Note: This Tivoli radio does not have the "Henry Kloss" analog tuning dial.
Aux Input: The Model One Digital is outfitted with a minijack (3.5mm) Aux input for connection and playback of any line-level or headphone-level source. The Aux input can only be played back on the Model One Digital speaker and cannot be wirelessly streamed to other ART series speakers.
Stereo Pairing: If you have more than one Model One Digital or other Tivoli Audio ART series speaker, you can set two speakers up as a Left and Right pair for stereo playback.
Multiroom Audio: You can place multiple Model One Digital speakers and other Tivoli Audio ART series speakers throughout your home to configure a multiroom/multisource audio system using the Tivoli Wireless app (for Apple iOS & Android OS). You can group multiple speakers together and play different sources in different rooms at different volume levels - all done through the Tivoli Wireless app. Compatible multiroom audio sources include -
- Online music sources - TuneIn, Tidal, Spotify Connect, & Deezer
- Music library stored on your Apple iOS or Android device
- Bluetooth audio
- FM Tuner
Note: The unit's Aux input is not supported for multiroom audio configuration.
Party Mode: The Party Mode button on the Model One Digital allows you to quickly send music to all of your ART by Tivoli Audio speakers in your home. The music from the Tivoli speaker you press the Party Mode button on will be the music that is sent to the other ART series speakers. Party mode is compatible with the same sources as Multiroom Audio (see above).
Full-Range Mono Driver & Rear-Firing Port: The Tivoli Audio Model One Digital features a single 3.0" heavy-magnet, long-throw full-range driver for great sound. The 3.0" full-range driver is mated to a built-in amplifier and frequency contouring circuit that automatically adjusts output over half-octave increments, resulting in musically accurate tonal balance and bass response. The enclosure's rear-firing port provides added efficiency and bass-response.
Wood Cabinet with Fabric Grille: Cased in a furniture-grade wood cabinet, the Model One Digital is offered in walnut, black, and white finish. The tabletop wireless speaker system features a high-quality fabric speaker grille, which was developed from a collaborative partnership between Danish fabric brand, Gabriel, and Tivoli Audio. The fabric offers acoustically transparent qualities and is environmentally friendly. The combination of high-end fabric with Tivoli's iconic furniture-grade wood cabinets, delivers a design aimed to compliment a variety of styles and decors.
Note: A dry cloth is recommended to clean the back and wooden cabinet of the Model One Digital. A lint roller can be used to clean the fabric on the front. Do not expose to water.
LCD Screen: The Model One Digital's front-panel LCD screen provides source & station identification, plus clock display (the unit does not offer song/artist/album info display). You can adjust the display's contrast level. The clock is set-up through your WiFi connected Apple iOS or Android device with Tivoli Wireless app installed.
Front-Panel Controls: There is a control bezel around the front-panel display which lets you Play, Pause, & Skip music playback from Bluetooth & Network sources. The control bezel is also used for pairing Bluetooth (simply press-and-hold the bezel down for a few seconds to enter pairing mode. In addition, there is a front-panel rotary knob used for Power & Volume.
Firmware Updates: Stay up to date with the latest in technology and streaming media with firmware updates through the WiFi network connection.
AC Power Adapter: The Tivoli Audio Model One Digital tabletop speaker system comes with an AC power adapter which needs to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Note: This speaker system is not battery powered.
6 questions already asked