About the Tivoli Audio Model One
Remember the great-sounding, beautifully designed radios you listened to 30 years ago? The late Henry Kloss, audio pioneer and the designer directly responsible for many of the radios we loved, brings that timeless, sound-focused style back, with the Model One table radio.
The 3-inch speaker handles highs, mids, and lows with amazing ease. It's mono rather than cram two tiny, cheap speakers into one small enclosure, Kloss prefers to provide crisp, rich sound from a single, well-designed speaker. You won't believe how good it sounds!
High signal sensitivity is achieved with a discrete-component FM tuner featuring the same innovative signal-detection technology found in cellular phones. The large analog tuning dial is geared down to a 5:1 ratio, so that turning the knob results in smaller, more precise movements of the tuning mechanism. Stations come in loud and gorgeously clear!
The design is the finishing touch. The small, solidly built wood cabinet offers classic looks and impressively clean sound. Plus, the simple colors complement any decor. (Available in walnut with a beige face, cherry with a cobalt blue face, maple with a hunter green face, or white with a silver face). Just put it down, plug it in, and enjoy.
- mono AM/FM table radio
- built-in AM and FM antennas
- 5:1 ratio analog tuning knob
- green LED glows when station is tuned on center
- 3" driver
- minijack audio input for connecting external source
- minijack audio output
- mini headphone output
- built-in AC power supply
- 12-volt jack for use in a camper, car, or boat (adapter not included)
- 8-3/8"W x 4-9/16"H x 7-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1CLA
What's in the box:
- Mono AM/FM tabletop radio with analog tuning
- 9.16' AC cord
- FM wire antenna with non-threaded "F" type connector
- two self-adhesive clips for wire antenna
- owner's manual
- safety instruction sheet
- customer information/survey card
Tivoli Audio Model One reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tivoli Audio Model One
This unit is a small, tabletop mono FM/AM radio designed and engineered by Henry Kloss, who is a legendary inventor and audio designer. It is easy to use, it provides very good sound quality, and it has the ability to pick up more radio stations than typical table top FM/AM radios.
Cabinet: This unit has a real walnut cabinet and a beige face plate.
FM Tuner: This unit uses a discrete-component FM tuner with GaAs MES-FET mixers for better reception with increased clarity on closely-spaced local and far-away stations. The tuner is an analog tuner which uses a geared-down tuning dial for accurate, easy selection of the maximum number of stations.
Speaker: This unit uses a heavy-magnet, 3", long-throw speaker in a ported enclosure design (the port opening is on the bottom of the unit).
12 volt jack: The unit has a 12 volt jack on the back (12-16VDC, tip positive) allows you to use a separate DC power supply (not included) for portable use of the unit in cars, campers, etc. Note that it requires 0.8AMP minimum for proper operation.
Front of unit:
- Volume control: rotary volume knob
- Power light: green LED illuminates when power is on
- Tuning indicator: amber LED which appears brightest when best tuning is achieved.
- On/Source knob: can be set to Off (turns the unit off), FM or AM
- Tuning Dial: A large, geared-down tuning dial which changes frequency when it is turned to the left or right. FM frequencies are marked on the top of the dial from 88 to 108 MHz and AM frequencies are marked on the bottom of the dial from 550 to 1700 kHz
Rear of unit:
- Internal/external antenna switch: This unit includes built-in AM and FM antennas. If desired, this switch can be set to external antenna for improved FM reception.
- External Antenna input: Threaded "F" type connector (75 ohm) for use with the supplied wire antenna or other external FM antenna.
- AC jack: Used to connect the supplied AC cord.
- Aux input: This minijack input allows you to connect an optional external source such as a CD player. When a cable is plugged into the Aux input, this unit automatically switches to the external source, and the audio from the external source will be in mono.
- Headphone output: Minijack output. When headphones are connected, the unit's speaker will automatically turn off. Although this is a mono output, it will provide mono sound to both earpieces of stereo headphones.
- Rec out: Mini jack output allows you to use the tuner in this unit as a separate tuner by connecting it to an input on an optional receiver, powered speakers, etc. or to record by connecting the unit to a recorder. Note that the signal put out by this unit is mono.
- 12-16 VDC input: Allows you to operate this unit from an optional DC Power supply