About the Astro A20 Gen 2 (Xbox)
With extra comfy earpads and a 15 hour battery life, the A20 can stick with you during your next all-night gaming session.
Astro has been making waves in the gaming community for years with the quality of their headphones. The A20 'phones hit a sweet spot in their lineup, giving you impactful sound and wireless convenience at a relatively low cost. If you're looking to snag a quality set of headphones for your gaming rig, the A20s make it easy to jump right in.
Comfort for the long haul
The A20s are light, and they fit snugly and securely without weighing down your head or feeling like a clamp. The padded earcups are super-soft and breathable, for comfort that's hard to beat during extended gaming sessions.
Clear, competitive sound
When I play Call of Duty: Warzone, the last thing I want is to be caught unawares clearing a building in search of sweet loot. The soft thump of an enemy parachuting onto the roof or the pat-pat of their footsteps in the next room can tip me off to their location, letting me turn the tables instead of getting dropped like a steaming hot pocket.
The A20s have solid imaging and sound directionality that pulls you into the game and improves your situational awareness. They're tuned to deliver detailed, accurate sound that feels lifelike and is easy to place in the game world.
Firsthand listening impressions
When I popped these on, I was amazed at how soft and light they were. They're nearly as comfortable as their big brother the A50s, Astro's top-of-the-line wireless model. This is a theme for the A20s — they pack a lot of punch, but keep it simple so you can get the most for your money. I'd recommend these to anyone who wants a great experience, but is a little budget-concious about their game spend.
It's play time!
I tested these out by playing The Hunt: Showdown, Mortal Kombat 11, Gran Turismo Sport, and some of my other current go-to titles. The sound honestly surprised me, with deep bass and impressive detail. Whether it was the squeal of tires on asphalt or the resonating crunch of knockout punches, the A20 brought the game to life. The imaging was also clear as bell and made it easy to pinpoint where sound was coming from. I could hear the subtle click-clack of an opponent reloading a rifle above me, which gave me enough time to open fire through the floor while my teammates rushed upstairs to finish him off while he was distracted.
Keep the noise away
A flexible boom mic helps keep your chat clear, with voice isolation that prioritizes you and not background noise like the dishwasher churning in the distance. The headset's closed-back design also provides noise isolation on your end, so you won't miss important sound cues or key tactical callouts.
Stable, lag-free wireless
The A20s come with a USB transmitter to sync up to your Xbox or PC/Mac. Just plug it in and you're good to go. The 2.4 GHz wireless connection between the transmitter and the headphones stays strong and stable, with low latency to keep audio lag-free.
Fine tune your sound with Astro Command
If you're playing on PC or Mac, you can dial in your sound with Astro Command. This optional downloadable software lets you manually tweak the little details of your game audio and voice communication to get them just where you want them.
- over-ear, closed-back design provides noise isolation so you can focus on the game
- 40mm drivers deliver powerful, detailed sound
- earpads and headband are light and soft for maximum comfort during long play sessions
- Astro Audio V2 tuning delivers dynamic, lifelike audio with precise imaging and sound directionality
- Astro Command Center downloadable software lets you optimize your game audio and voice communication settings
- compatible with Windows® 10 and Mac
- flexible voice-isolating boom mic
- flip mic to quickly mute your chat
- compatible with Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC, and Mac
- USB wireless transmitter with with low-latency 2.4 GHz frequency signals
- wireless range: 49.2 feet
General info and included accessories:
- includes USB to USB-C cable (for charging)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- SPL (sound pressure level): 100 dB @ 1 kHz
- battery life: 15 hours
- 10-5/16"W x 7"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 0.77 lbs. with battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 939-001882
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless gaming headphones with boom microphone
- 62" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- USB wireless transmitter dongle
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Compliance and Warranty Information
- Product Information Card (Stop!)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Astro A20 Gen 2 (Xbox)
Overview: The Astro A20 (Gen 2) is a wireless, over-ear gaming headset designed for use with Xbox, and also with PC and Mac. It operates wirelessly on a 2.4 GHz signal from the included USB wireless transmitter dongle. The rechargeable battery gives you hours of play time on a single charge.
Design: The A20 is made of lightweight materials, with soft cloth ear cushions and padded headband that prevent headphone fatigue. The flexible, 7-1/2" boom microphone swivels from the left earcup, and can be positioned anywhere you desire. The 6mm microphone is uni-directional and voice isolating. When you don't want to be heard, you can raise the mic boom to vertical to mute the microphone. On the back of the right earcup is a rotary control that lets you adjust the mix between the game audio and your voice.
Drivers/Astro Audio V2: The headphones are equipped with 40mm Neodymium drivers that provide a dynamic gaming sound that put you into the game. The headphones are tuned with Astro Audio V2 which smooths out the highs to prevent fatigue. Midrange frequencies are clear, and the bass is solid, but not distorted. Overall, Astro Audio V2 gives you a smooth, detailed gaming soundtrack.
Wireless Functionality: The Astro A20 (Gen 2) gaming headset operates on a 2.4 GHz wireless signal. The included USB dongle has a wireless transmitter with a range of up to 15 meters (49 feet)
Battery: The built-in Lithium-Polymer rechargeable single-cell battery has a capacity of 1050mAh that provides over 15 hours of battery life. Using the included USB-A-to-USB-C cable, you can charge the battery in approximately 3.5 hours. When the battery level reaches 30%, the headset will emit an audible tone, reminding you to recharge the battery. To save battery power, the headset will automatically shut down after 10 minutes of non-use.
EQ Presets: On the right earcup is an EQ button that lets you cycle through three EQ presets to help you find the preferred sound.
Multi-Platform Dongle: The USB dongle lets you easily switch between your Xbox console and your PC through a small button on the top of the dongle.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 100dB SPL (1kHz @ 1mW)
- Nominal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 3% (20Hz-10kHz)
- Earcups (external): Width 3.412", Height 3.86", Depth 2.189"
- Earcups (internal): Width 1.855", Height 2.278", Depth 0.85"
- Weight: 11.1 ounces
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Input Power: 5V / <100mA
- Dimensions: Width 0.775", Height 0.275", Length 2.592"
- Weight: 0.3 ounces