About the Astro A40 TR Gen 3 + MixAmp M80 (Xbox®)
High-quality gaming sound for Xbox
High-quality gaming sound for Xbox
Astro has been making waves in the gaming community for years with the quality of their headphones. They're frequently a top pick for professional gamers, who need their gear to perform reliably at the highest levels of competition.
The "Tournament Ready" A40s are the best wired headphones that Astro offers, delivering powerful sound and long-lasting comfort. This version also comes with the MixAmp 80, which mounts directly to an Xbox controller and gives you full control over your audio levels. This arrangement takes advantage of your controller's wireless connection to your console, for a comfortable, convenient setup.
Crystal clear communication
When your teammate tells you there's a sniper on the roof you'll want to hear that. But you also don't want your team's chatter to drown out environmental sounds that might tip you off to the sniper's buddy around the corner. The MixAmp M80 lets you do both.
Easy-to-use buttons allow you to balance the game's soundtrack with the incoming chat independently of the master volume. LED lights display your current balance levels for quick reference, while the master volume can be controlled with a dial and muted with a quick press.
Comfort for the long haul
Light and ergonomically designed, the A40s fit snug and securely without weighing down your head or feeling like a clamp. The earcups and padded headband are also super soft and breathable, for comfort that can't be beat during extended gaming sessions.
Immersive, competitive sound
When I play Apex: Legends, the last thing I want is to be caught unawares while scrambling for the best loot. The soft ka-thunk of an enemy scaling a wall behind me or the pat-pat of their footsteps in the next room can tip me off to their location, letting me turn the tables instead of getting dropped like a steaming hot pocket.
The A40s have great imaging and sound directionality that pulls you into the game and improves your situational awareness. They're tuned to deliver detailed, accurate sound that feels lifelike and is easy to place in the game world.
- wired over-ear headphones with open back design for a wide, natural soundstage
- 40mm drivers deliver powerful, detailed sound
- durable, ergonomic design with a secure fit
- earpads and headband are light and soft for maximum comfort during long play sessions
- Astro Audio V2 tuning delivers dynamic, lifelike audio with precise imaging and sound directionality
- flexible, detachable boom mic
- flip mic to quickly mute your chat
- speaker tags are detachable and can be swapped out to customize your headphones (alternate tags sold separately)
- can be customized with optional A40 Mod Kit for improved noise-isolation (sold separately)
- compatible with Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Mac
- MixAmp provides optimized game/voice balance and reliable voice communication
- game/voice buttons with light display for current balance level
- dial for master volume, press for mute
- three preset EQs
- mounts directly onto an Xbox controller
- 3.2-foot cable connects to headset with 3.5mm minijack
General info and included accessories:
- 6.5-foot in-line mute cable
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- PC requires Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 (Xbox controller required for MixAmp)
- 7-3/4"W x 8"H x 3-3/4"D (headset); 1"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-3/4"D (MixAmp)
- weight: 13 oz. (headset); 13 oz. (MixAmp)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 939-001769
What's in the box:
- Over-ear gaming headset with boom microphone
- MixAmp M80 with attached 40" cable (3.5mm plug)
- 42" Audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Product Info card (Stop!)
- Important Safety Compliance and Warranty Information
- Dolby Atmos for headphones promo card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Astro A40 TR Gen 3 + MixAmp M80 (Xbox®)
Overview: The Astro A40 TR + MixAmp M80 bundle includes a premiere gaming headset, with an adapter that docks directly to the Xbox One controller. The A40 TR over-ear headset puts you in the middle of the action with its pro audio quality. The MixAmp M80 gives you fingertip control of all of the important audio controls, and plugs into the A40 TR headset. The Astro A40 TR + MixAmp M80 bundle comes with an auxiliary audio cable to let you use your A40 TR headset with other platforms.
A40 TR Design: The Astro A40 TR is equipped with plush ear and headband cushions that are covered in soft cloth. The drivers are housed in an open-air ear cup, and deliver pro quality audio. An optional Mod Kit lets you transform the A40 TR into a closed-back, noise-isolating headset (sold separately by the manufacturer). A 6mm unidirectional, noise-canceling microphone is mounted on the 7" boom. The headphones weigh just over 13 ounces.
Drivers/Astro Audio V2: The headphones are equipped with 40mm Neodymium drivers that provide a dynamic gaming sound that put you into the game. The headphones are tuned with Astro Audio V2 which smooths out the highs to prevent fatigue. Midrange frequencies are clear, and the bass is solid, but not distorted. Overall, Astro Audio V2 gives you a smooth, detailed gaming soundtrack.
Swappable Components: The A40 TR gaming headphone's magnetic earcup covers can be removed to allow you to personalize your headset. You can purchase special editions or design your own using the Speaker Tag Customizer on the Astro Gaming website. The boom microphone can also be removed for personalization, or to replace it with a new one.
MixAmp M80: The MixAmp M80 adapter mounts directly to the Xbox One controller via its special Type A USB port. It plugs into the A40 TR headset via the attached 40" cable and 5-pole 3.5mm plug. Across the top of the adapter is a row of LEDs that give you a visual indication of volume, balance, and EQ mode. The MixAmp M80 has the following controls:
- EQ Modes: Using the button on the top of the adapter, you can cycle through the three EQ modes: Pro Mode, Core Mode, and Astro Mode. The LEDs will indicate which mode you have selected.
- Master Volume: The rotary control on the front of the adapter controls the master volume. The LED array will gradually illuminate as the volume increases.
- Microphone Mute: You can quickly and easily mute/unmute the headset microphone by pressing the button inside the rotary control. The LEDs glow red when the mic is muted.
- Voice / Game Audio Balance: The balance between the voice audio and game audio is controlled by the two outer buttons. When the left button is pressed, the voice audio is increased. Pressing the right button increases the game audio. The LEDs will move left or right to indicate the voice / game audio balance.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 48 ohms
- THD: < 0.1%
- Earcup Dimensions (external): Width 3.55", Height 4.135", Depth 2.17"
- Earcup Dimensions (internal): Width 1.734", Height 2.2", Depth 0.925"
- Weight: 13.1 ounces
- MixAmp M80:
- Power Output: 0.973 Vrms @ 1kHz
- Audio Fidelity: 48kHz 16-bit per channel stereo
- Mic Fidelity: 24kHz 16-bit mono
- Dimensions: Width 3.68", Height 1.15", Depth 1.98"
- Weight: 1.7 ounces
1 question already asked