About the Logitech Circle View Doorbell
See who's there
See who's there
This is the video doorbell Apple HomeKit users have been waiting for.
Logitech's weather-resistant Circle View video doorbell has a wide 160-degree field of view that makes it easy to keep an eye on who or what is at your front door. You can choose to mount it facing straight or 20 degrees left or right, to take best advantage of your entryway's layout. Either way, its 3:4 format portrait view lets you see all things small and tall — or even a package on your stoop — from just two feet away.
The camera has glass optics and a high-quality image sensor with high dynamic range, so you get crystal-clear HD footage in all kinds of light. And even when it's dark, the camera still has you covered with an integrated LED nightlight that illuminates its view up to six feet away.
Easy hardwired set up
The Circle View was specially designed to work with Apple HomeKit, so there's no need to download any extra apps or create new login details. This doorbell is hardwired, so you may want to get your electrician to connect it to your existing doorbell's wiring and set up the included chime kit — which works with most existing chime systems. Then simply open the Apple Home app on your iPhone® or iPad®, and scan the HomeKit code on your camera.
It's also easy to combine this doorbell camera with the Logitech Circle View Camera or additional video doorbells (both sold separately), so you can have multiple points of view in your home security system.
Secure to use
Your HomePod, iPad, or Apple TV acts as your HomeKit hub. Once footage is captured, your Apple device analyzes the video and then encrypts it locally before sending it to iCloud where it's securely stored.
If you set up Face Recognition in the Home app, you can choose to get notified when people you tag in your Photos — or recent visitors in the Home app — show up at your door. A HomePod or HomePod mini as your home hub can also announce arriving visitors.
- home security doorbell camera with wired power connection
- seamless glass face
- slim silhouette less than 2" wide fits almost any door frame
- Logitech TrueView™ video with 160° field of view, HD video, HDR, and color night vision
- 3:4 format portrait view
- glass optics and 5-megapixel sensor with 1200 x 1600 HDR-enabled video
- 4000K LED light strip provides illumination in an unobstructed area up to 6 feet away
- sends smart alerts to your iPhone or iPad when activity is detected
- motion options include people, animal, vehicle, or any motion
- play recorded videos right from the lock screen
- use two-way talk to have a remote conversation
- can act as motion sensor for home automations
- geofencing allows you to select different camera options for when you are home or away:
- detect activity — does not stream or record, motion can trigger notifications and routines
- stream — live view available, but no footage is recorded
- stream and allow recording — activity triggers recordings
- off — no motion detection, streaming, or recording
- Apple HomeKit requirements:
- Apple Home app on an iPhone or iPad with iOS® 13.2 or later for setup and use
- supported iCloud plan to store activity history — one camera on 200GB plan or up to 5 cameras on 2TB plan
- home hub (HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad with iOS 13.2 or later) for remote live viewing and notifications, activity history, automations, and intelligent detections
- HomeKit Secure video keeps your footage safe with in-home video analysis and end-to-end encryption
- motion-activated recording
- customizable motion zones
- smart notifications based on people, vehicles, and animals
- facial recognition using your Apple Photos library
- 0° straight ahead view with straight mount; 20° left view or 20° right view with angle mount
- doorbell has IP65 rating for weather resistance; chime kit is rated for indoor use only
- works with your existing doorbell wiring (8-24VAC/10VA or higher) using 16-24 gauge cable, either solid or tinned stranded
- works with most existing doorbell chime systems
- connects to your network via Wi-Fi (2.4 or 5 GHz)
- 1-5/8"W x 4-11/16"H x 1-1/8"D (1-5/8"D with angled mount)
- weight: 5.33 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 961-000484
What's in the box:
- Video doorbell
- Mounting bracket
- Angled mounting bracket
- 2 Flathead screws (length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Doorbell chime
- Six 12" lengths of 20-gauge wire (tinned ends)
- 3 Wire splicing connectors
- 3M Command adhesive strip
- Sheet of numeric wire labels (1-6)
- Installation card
- Important Safety Compliance and Warranty Information sheet
- Clear mounting template
Logitech Circle View Doorbell reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech Circle View Doorbell
Overview: The Logitech Circle View Doorbell (Model 961-000484) lets you see who is at your door in HD clarity. The built-in camera has a 5 megapixel image sensor and the glass lens provides a wide 160° diagonal view. It replaces a functioning existing a wired doorbell system and compatible chime, and operates on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi. The Circle View Doorbell is also compatible with Apple HomeKit, so you'll get notifications on your Apple TV or other Apple devices. Dimensions: Width 1.634", Height 4.655", Depth 1.144" (1.654" with angled mount).
Camera: The Circle View Doorbell's 5MP sensor produces 1200 x 1600 video with HDR (High Dynamic Range) to show every detail. The 3:4 portrait view and 160° diagonal angle of view gives you a head-to-toe view of the visitor at your door as close as 2 feet away. It also lets you see if there's a package on the ground in front of the door. In the Apple Home app, you can set up Face Recognition by tagging your family and friends, and they will be identified in the notifications you receive. The image sensor works with the doorbell's built-in 4000K LED night light to provide full color night vision from up to 6 feet away. The doorbell also supports two-way talk through a built-in digital MEMS microphone and mono speaker.
Mounting: The doorbell comes with two brackets for surface-mounting, including an angled mount (20°) that can be used on the left or right side of the door to give you a better angle in front of the door. Screws, wall anchors, and a mounting template are provided for mounting the bracket to the wall. The Circle View Doorbell has an IP65 weatherproof rating so it can be installed outdoors without worry. Installation in direct sunlight is not advisable. The included chime kit must be used indoors only. This digital chime can ring a melody every 15 seconds, and supports melodies up to that length. You can turn off the indoor chime using the Home app, if desired.
Dual Band Wi-Fi: The Circle View Doorbell must be installed where there is a strong Wi-Fi signal. The unit works on either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bands (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), and 2 x 2 MIMO Wi-Fi. The internet signal must have an upload speed of at least 2.5 Mbps.
Power: The Circle View Doorbell requires electrical installation to a functioning existing wired doorbell system. The system must be 8 to 24V AC, 10VA or higher. The system should be wired with 16- to 24-gauge wiring, either solid or stranded with tinned ends. Several lengths of 20-gauge wire and wire splicing connectors are included. To ensure your existing doorbell system meets the electrical requirements, you should visit this Electrical Compatibility guide.
Apple Home App: The Home app lets you interact with the Circle View Doorbell from your Apple devices. When a visitor presses your doorbell or triggers a motion warning, your indoor chime will ring and you'll receive a rich notification that lets you view the video right from the Lock Screen of your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. You'll be notified on your Apple HomePod, as well. If you have an Apple TV device, an announcement will pop up on your TV screen. Two-way conversations can be carried on using your Apple device through the doorbell's built-in microphone. Apple HomeKit Secure Video keeps your recordings secure, while letting you share the videos with others. The Home app works with mobile Apple devices running iOS 10.0 or later.