About the Logitech® Squeezebox Duet
Access your favorite songs from any room in your home with the Logitech Squeezebox Duet. This easy-to-use music player uses your Wi-Fi® or wired home network to send digital audio from your computer to your home theater or stereo system. Enjoy your digital music collection on your best-sounding speakers, away from your PC. You can also connect the included receiver to a bookshelf system or tabletop radio in your bedroom, kitchen, or back porch wireless communication with your computer lets you use the Squeezebox Duet with whatever audio system you like.
Play songs from the palm of your hand
A handheld controller with a 2-3/8" color LCD screen makes it easy to browse your collection and select songs and playlists. It communicates directly with your computer over your wireless network, so you don't need to stay anchored near the receiver to use it. An intuitive scroll wheel and simple volume and playback buttons make operation a breeze. And the controller comes with a rechargeable lithium ion battery and recharging stand, so you can keep it ready to play your favorite tunes.
Stream an array of digital music formats from a variety of sources
This versatile system lets you access music from many venues you can play your computer's digital music collection, listen to Internet radio stations, or subscribe to online music libraries such as Pandora® and Rhapsody®. And the Squeezebox Duet supports today's popular audio formats, including compressed, uncompressed, and even lossless files. The Squeezebox receiver's careful engineering and high-fidelity digital-to-analog converter give you detailed, accurate sound, and the system's hassle-free setup can have you humming along from any room in your house.
Note: requires free SqueezeCenter software download from www.slimdevices.com
Read our blog post about Moving music with the Logitech Squeezebox Duet
- streams music from your computer for playback on your home audio system
- connects to your wired or wireless home network
- wireless controller with scroll wheel and 2-3/8" color LCD screen
- works with iTunes®, MusicMagic, Live365®, RadioIO, Shoutcast and Windows Media®
- not compatible with protected DRM music files purchased from online stores such as iTunes or Zune
- supports playback of lossless music files (Apple, FLAC, WMA), uncompressed files (AIFF, WAV, PCM), and compressed files (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP2, MusePack, WMA)
- compatible with Internet radio stations
- plays songs from Rhapsody digital music service subscription required
- plays personalized Internet radio stations from Pandora
- digital and analog outputs may be used at the same time
- 24-bit Wolfson® digital-to-analog converter
- 2 digital audio outputs: 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- 802.11g wireless networking
- controller: 2"W x 6-3/16"H x 3/4"D
- receiver: 6-3/16"W x 1-3/16"H x 5-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Windows® 2000/XP/Vista
- Mac® OS X 10.3.5 or later
- 733Mhz Pentium® or equivalent processor
- 256MB RAM, 80MB hard disk space
- wireless home network with broadband Internet connection
- rechargeable lithium ion battery for controller
- charging stand for controller
- AC power adapters for receiver and controller's charging stand
- stereo audio cable
- installation guide
- MFR # 930-000033
What's in the box:
- Squeezebox Duet controller
- Squeezebox Duet receiver
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (1250maH/3.7V)
- Charging cradle with powr supply attached by 6' cord
- Power supply with 6' DC cord
- 2 AC plug inserts
- 6' Stereo audio cable
- Quick Start Guide
- "Start Here" card
- "Last.fm" card
- "Rhapsody" card
Logitech® Squeezebox Duet reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Squeezebox Duet
Overview: The Logitech Squeezebox Duet consists of a multi-room Squeezebox Controller, charging stand, and a Squeezebox Receiver. The Squeezebox Duet Network Music System streams your digital music collection and internet radio from your computer to any stereo system, powered speakers, or headphones within your network (LAN). Squeezebox has an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi capability, so it can be hardwired or connected wirelessly to a 802.11b/g/n network. SlimServer software is downloaded from your internet connection and facilitates communication between the Squeezebox Duet Network Music System and your computer.
Multi-Room Controller: The Squeezebox Duet's multi-room controller features a 2.4-inch, 256k color, backlit LCD display which makes it easy to browse playlists, albums, artists, and more. You can even use the controller to search by name. Its convenient scroll wheel, simple menus, and intuitive buttons make navigation simple. The multi-room controller operates off of a supplied Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack. The unit comes supplied with a charging cradle to keep the battery charged.
High-Performance Sound Quality: Expert engineering and sophisticated audio rendering technology provide sound clarity to please even the most demanding audiophile. The Squeezebox Duet Network Music System utilizes a high-fidelity 24-bit Wolfson DAC, sophisticated audio rendering technology, and digital outputs to provide crystal clear CD-quality sound.
Wireless Setup: The unit features built-in 802.11b/g/n capabilities with an internal wireless antenna. The Squeezebox Duet's advanced 802.11b/g/n wireless technology eliminates the need to string wires everywhere to listen to the music from your computer. The unit also features a hardwired Ethernet connection.
SqueezeNetwork: SqueezeNetwork is an always-on service (doesn't require that your computer is on) that provides access to Internet Radio. You can access millions of songs, thousands of Internet radio stations such as iTunes, Radio IO, RadioTime, Live365 and SHOUTcast; and music service providers such as Pandora, Rhapsody and Slacker, without ever turning on your computer using SqueezeNetwork, a unique Internet service. A complete current list of compatible services is available on Logitech's website (logitech.com). Even your personal music collection can be stored online in an MP3tunes music locker and played through your Squeezebox Duet.
Music Libraries: You are able to stream the digital music files stored on your computer (PC or Mac) over your home network to the Squeezebox Duet Network Music System. Many compressed, uncompressed, and lossless formats are compatible:
- Compressed:MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP2, MusePack, and WMA
- Uncompressed: WAV, PCM, and AIFF
- Lossless: Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless, and FLAC
Note: Not compatible with protected DRM music files purchase from online stores such a iTunes or Zune.
Internet Radio: Listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world; access to talk radio, jazz, rock, pop, or your old favorite in the town where you grew up through your broadband internet connection.
Bridged Network Configuration: This configuration should only be used if you do not have a wireless network in your home. The Squeezebox Receiver will be connected to your wired Ethernet network and the Squeezebox Controller will use an ad-hoc connection to the Receiver for it's network connection.
Note: Ad-hoc connections on 802.11 wireless networks have much lower range than regular connections (called infrastructure mode connections). If at all possible, consider adding an 802.11 wireless router or access point to your network. It will improve the overall performance of the Squeezebox Duet.
Multiple Locations: You can add additional Squeezebox Duet Receivers (596SQRCVR, sold separately) and listen to a different song in each room, or synchronize them and hear the same music everywhere. Any number of Squeezebox Duet Receivers on your network can be connected to a single computer with SlimServer. They can all play different music, or your can synchronize them to play the same music throughout the house.
- PC: Windows 2000, XP, or Vista; 733Mhz Pentium processor, 256 MB RAM minimum; 80 MB free hard disc space
- Mac: OS X v 10.3.5 or later; 256 MB RAM minimum; 80 MB free hard disc space
- Linux/BSD/Solaris/:Perl 5.8.3 or later; 256 MB RAM minimum; 80 MB free hard disc space
Internet Connection: Broadband DSL or cable
Network: Wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Dock Connector: proprietary connector used to dock the Squeezebox Duet Controller in the supplied charging cradle
- Analog: stereo RCA audio output
- Digital: optical and coaxial digital outputs
- Ethernet:RJ-45 port can be used as an input to connect to your network, or an output to connect another device to your network when the Squeezebox Duet is connected wirelessly
- Power: 9 volt DC, power supply included
- Width: 1.997"
- Height: 6.146"
- Depth: 0.749"
- Width: 6.155"
- Height: 1.145"
- Depth: 5.305"
- Width: 2.364"
- Height: 2.005"
- Depth: 2.715"