About the Logitech® Harmony® Elite
Both entertainment and home automation control
Both entertainment and home automation control
The Logitech Harmony Elite is an advanced universal remote control system that lets you control your home entertainment system and your home automation devices with the same device.
The Elite includes a Harmony Hub for Wi-Fi (left), a rechartgeable remote (center),and a free control app (right) (smartphone not included).
You can control up to 15 different home theater components, as well as a variety of home automation devices from leading manufacturers like Philips, LIFX, August™ smart locks, Nest®, Honeywell®, and more. The system gives you everything you need — a free downloadable app, a wireless hub to forward commands from your phone to your A/V components, and a powerful remote for others to use.
Streamline your life with the intuitive Harmony App
Harmony's free app is available to both iPhone® and Android™ users. Swipe your smartphone's touchscreen to change from one component's control panel to the next. You can group commands together under one-touch activity icons for both entertainment and home automation control.
Tap "Watch Movie" for example, and the app automatically turns on your TV, receiver, and Blu-ray player — whatever combination is required to make it work in your system. Select “Good Morning,” and your Lutron-controlled blinds open and lights turns on, your Nest thermostat raises the temperature, and your bedroom stereo system starts playing music.
And because the system operates via Wi-Fi, you can use an Internet connection with your smartphone to remotely control your home automation devices. Turn on the porch light as you drive up, or make sure the August™ smart lock on your front door is set from the office.
Control devices behind closed doors
The Harmony Hub connects to your home Wi-Fi® network and converts signals from your smartphone into infrared (IR) signals your components can understand. This handy low-profile hub comes with two infrared mini-blasters so you can control components stored behind closed cabinet doors.
Game consoles are covered, too. The hub uses Bluetooth® to communicate with your PS3® and Wii® consoles and uses IR for controlling your Xbox 360® or Xbox One™. That eliminates the need for extra remotes, and frees up USB connections on your consoles.
All this and a powerful hand-held remote, too
The Elite system comes with an ergonomically-designed remote that fits comfortably in your hand. Its large swipe and tap touchscreen lets you quickly navigate through functions, and it features the same one-touch entertainment and home automation controls as the app.
The remote uses vibration feedback to confirm when it receives your command, so you don't have to look away from the TV. Just place the remote on its charging station to keep its rechargeable batteries powered up. But even if you forget to replace it, don't worry. The touchscreen and backlighting for the buttons are motion-activated, so they automatically shut off when the remote's not in use.
Simple, guided setup has always been a big part of Harmony's success. To get started, just download the free MyHarmony software to your Mac or PC. Then connect the Harmony Hub to it via the provided USB cable. MyHarmony will help you program your remote by asking some simple questions about your system and how you use it. It then downloads the commands and command sequences and wirelessly send them to your remote through the Hub. And you can use MyHarmony to update your remote whenever you upgrade your system with new gear.
Harmony control app
- for Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa) and Google Home
- easy Internet-based step-by-step setup
- swipe and tap touchscreen control
- one-touch activity icons for entertainment (such as "Watch TV") and home automation (such as "Dinner Party")
- up to 50 one-touch TV channel icons
- controls up to 15 devices
- free download available from iTunes®App Store and Google Play
- connects to home Wi-Fi® network
- 2 IR mini-blasters for controlling devices inside cabinets
- personalized favorites and settings
- USB port for downloading commands from MyHarmony (USB cable included)
- control connected Philips Hue™ and LIFX lights, August™ smart locks, Nest® and Honeywell® thermostats, and other home devices
- compatible with Apple TV®, Roku®, and Sonos®
- compatible with select Xbox®, Playstation®, and Wii® game consoles
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 4-7/8"W x 1-3/16"H x 4-3/16"D
Elite Home remote
- 2.4" swipe and tap touchscreen control
- one-touch entertainment and home automation activity icons such as "Watch TV," "Dinner Party," etc.
- vibration feedback to confirm commands received
- motion-activated backlit buttons and touchscreen
- controls up to 15 devices
- up to 50 one-touch channel icons
- comfortable, ergonomic design
- charging station with AC adapter
- 2-1/8"W x 7-9/16"H x 1-1/8"D
- weight: 5.78 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Apple®: iPhone® 4S or later, iPad® (3rd generation or later), iPad mini®, iPod touch® (5th generation or later)
- Android: Wi-Fi enabled smartphone with Android 4.0 or later
- USB port
- Apple: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- MFR # 915-000256
What's in the box:
- Remote control
- Charging station
- 2 AC power adapters (w/ attached 6' DC cords)
- 2 IR mini-blasters (w/ attached 8' cables)
- 23" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Information
Logitech® Harmony® Elite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Harmony® Elite
Harmony Elite Remote System: The Harmony Elite remote system provides maximum flexibility for controlling your home entertainment and automation gear. Choose to control your home entertainment or automation system from the included remote or from the Harmony App on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can control up to 15 different devices from the Harmony Elite remote system.
App Based Setup: The first time you set up the Harmony Elite remote system, the Harmony App for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.0+ walks you through the setup process on your smartphone or tablet and stores your settings in your personal account. Your settings can then be wirelessly transmitted to your Harmony Hub, your Harmony Elite remote, or any other supported mobile device. If anything ever happens to your smartphone, Harmony Hub, or remote control, you can use these saved settings to set up a replacement system with ease.
Note: Harmony Elite remote system supports 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless networks with WPA, WPA2-AES, and 64/128 bit WEP encryption.
Harmony Hub: The Harmony Home Hub is the center of your home entertainment and home control solution. Whether you use the Harmony App on your compatible mobile device or the Harmony Elite remote control, the hub stores your setup information and communicates between the remote control or app and your entertainment system devices. Placed near your television, set top box, game console and other equipment, it uses Infrared (IR), Bluetooth (RF), and WiFi to control your various devices.
- Bluetooth (RF): The factory default setting for the remote is to output only radio frequency (RF) signals to communicate with the Harmony Hub (within a range of approximately 33 feet), which then relays the commands to your devices using infrared (IR). The remote can also be programmed to emit IR signals directly to the equipment to be controlled.
- Infrared (IR): IR signals are sent from the hub and reflect off of walls and other surfaces before reaching your devices. Direct line of sight is generally not required. IR mini blasters extend the range of the Harmony Hub allowing you to control devices that are on other shelves or outside of your cabinet, such as a television. The remote can also be programmed to emit IR signals directly to the equipment to be controlled.
- WiFi Connection: Connecting your Harmony Hub to your WiFi network has multiple advantages, such as enabling use of the Harmony app on your smartphone/tablet, providing Philips hue lighting control, and wirelessly syncing settings between your remote and your MyHarmony account. The Harmony Hub supports 802.11g/n with WPA Personal, WPA2-AES, or 64/128-bit WEP encryption.
Smartphone Control via the Harmony App: In addition to the remote control that comes with your Harmony Elite, you can use select Apple iOS and Android smartphones with the Harmony Control App as a remote control. Your smartphone will communicate with the Harmony Hub over WiFi, allowing your smartphone/tablet to control your devices. You get control over entertainment devices and home automation products. You can use swipe or tap gestures to control the adjust volume, change channels, fast forward, rewind, and more. Plus you get access to one-touch Activity controls and Favorite channels. From the app you can also enter model numbers and brands to add devices.
- Apple iOS: Download the Harmony Control App from the Apple App store onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device.
- Android: Download the Harmony Control app from the Google Play store onto your Android (OS 4.0+) device.
Note: Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same WiFi network as the Harmony Elite Hub.
Full-Color Touchscreen w/ Gesture Commands: The included remote's 2.4" full-color touchscreen gives you easy gesture control of the remote's commands and activities (up to 11 different gesture motions). The remote vibrates to give you tactile feedback when a tap, swipe or other gesture has been recognized by the remote's touchscreen. The remote display automatically lights up when the remote control is moved.
- Swipe up/down
- Swipe up/down and hold
- Swipe left/right
- Swipe left/right and hold
- Double tap
- Long press
Note: The numeric keypad is located on the touchscreen.
Ergonomic Design: The remote's sculpted backlit buttons allow you to easily operate the remote in the dark, while its ergonomic design allows the unit to fit comfortably in your hand.
One-Touch Controls: The Harmony Elite uses Activity Control to give you one-touch control of your home entertainment & automation system.
- Entertainment Activities: You can create Activities that manage how you use your devices together. For example, if you have a TV, AV receiver, and cable or satellite box, you will want to control all of these devices when you watch TV. To control all of these devices together, create a Watch TV Activity. When you have completed adding your Watch TV Activity, you can add the other Activities that you want your Harmony Elite to control. The types of Activities that MyHarmony offers you depends on the types of devices you have added. You can add multiple Activities based on each type of Activity offered, such as Watch TV, Watch Movie, or Play Game.
- Custom Activities: Most Activities should fit into one of the Activity types offered. The Custom Activity type is recommended only for home appliances such as light controllers, fans, climate control devices, etc. The Custom Activity does not provide optimized defaults such as button customizations, Activity icons, and Favorite Channels as the other predefined Activity types do. These may be configured manually from MyHarmony.
- One Touch System Off: The Off button on the Harmony Elite remote powers off all of the devices for an Activity with one touch. For example, in a Watch TV Activity that uses a TV, Cable Box, and AV Receiver, pressing the Off button will power off all three devices at the same time.
Note: The Harmony Elite knows the current state of the devices it controls by remembering the last Activity you selected. For example, if you switch from watching cable TV to watching a DVD, the Harmony Elite knows that it doesn't need to power the TV off and back on; it just leaves the TV turned on. It also it knows that it needs to power off the cable box and power on the DVD player.
Favorites: The Favorites screen allows you to view your predefined favorite TV channels and station icons (when available). Using the MyHarmony desktop software program, you can select up to 50 Favorite Channels to display on the remote. Selecting a Favorite Channel will start your "Watch TV" Activity, if it's not already started, and tune directly to that channel. Using the touchscreen, you can add, remove and reorder your Favorite Channels right on the remote. The Harmony App on your smartphone allows you to customize Favorite Channels unique to each smartphone. Changes made on your smartphone or on your Harmony remote only affect the device on which they are made and will not be reflected on the other devices.
Command Customization: The Harmony Elite remote allows you to customize the commands that each button sends, or what commands appear in your Activity list. These button mappings may be unique for each of your Activities. This allows each button or screen to have different functions based on context. For example, in your Watch a DVD Activity, the yellow button may perform the eject command, while in your Listen to Music Activity this same yellow button may be used to pull up your Favorite preset.
Home Automation: The Harmony Elite lets you integrate home automation with home entertainment control to create personalized home experiences.
- Philips Hue Lighting: The Harmony Elite is able to communicate with Philips hue wireless lighting systems when your Harmony is configured to use your home's WiFi network. Once paired with hue, a light bulb will appear in the lower left corner of your remote allowing you to control your Philips hue light bulbs. Light, color, and brightness settings can be configured for each Activity. For example, you could turn on lights and turn them blue when you watch TV, and dim the lights and turn them yellow for a movie. These settings can be programmed as part of an Activity so that optimal lighting will always be set for each Activity.
- Other Smart Home Automation: Using the Harmony Elite Home system you'll also be able to control smart home automation devices from Nest, Lutron, August, and PEQ from the included remote or the Harmony mobile app.
Alexa Compatible: Connect any Logitech Harmony hub-based remote with an Amazon Alexa enabled product (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately) and you can start or stop Harmony Activities with just your voice. In addition to Activities (like "Watch TV"), you can also control playback functions such as Play, Pause, & Resume, as well as raise or lower the volume. When Logitech Harmony and Amazon Alexa work together, you bring the power of voice to your home entertainment center.
- Amazon Alexa and the Logitech Harmony skill is currently only able to support a single Harmony Hub. If you have more than one Harmony Hub you will be asked to select one during the skill linking process.
- Some Harmony Activity or Favorite TV channel names conflict with things Amazon Alexa would like to do natively. For example, Activities with the word "Music", "Pandora", or "Spotify" will often not trigger through Harmony and will instead begin playing music through Alexa. You may want to consider, "Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on the tunes" as a friendly name to trigger a Harmony music-based Activity.
Learning Function: In addition to the devices which can be entered using the web interface, this remote can also learn most functions of other infrared remotes.
Lithium-Ion Battery + Recharging Docking Station: The Harmony Elite remote control includes an integrated rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which provides up to a one-week charge under normal use. The remote comes with a docking station and AC power adapter that keeps the remote fully charged.
Interference Warning: Avoid operating your devices using the original, manufacturer's remote control or by powering it on and off using the buttons on the device itself as doing so will cause Harmony to become out of sync with your devices. For example, if you select the Watch TV Activity and then use your TV remote to turn off the TV, the next time you want to select an Activity, the Harmony Elite will think that your TV is already powered on and will not turn it on. Other things that can confuse the Harmony Elite include inter-device communication that turns devices on or off, such as HDMI-CEC.
Note: If the Harmony Elite becomes out of sync with your devices, you can use the Help function on your remote to bring the TV back in sync.
Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help button will guide you through the fix using the interactive multi-color touchscreen display.
Dimensions: Dimension for the Remote, Hub, Charging station, and IR mini-blasters.
- Remote: 2.125" (w) x 1.1875" (h) x 7.5625" (d)
- Hub: 4.9375" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 4.6875" (d)
- Charging Station: 3.1875" (w) x 2.125" (h) x 3.9375" (d)
- IR Mini-Blasters: 1.4375" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 1.0" (d); 8' cable length
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
31 questions already asked