About the Logitech® Harmony® 950
One easy-to-use remote
Setup is simple through the free MyHarmony site.
One easy-to-use remote
When I brought home a Harmony remote for our home theater system a few years ago, my wife didn't understand why. She very quickly got it — as did our house sitters and overnight guests. One remote controls our entire system, simply and intuitively. The Logitech Harmony 950 remote is even easier to use than that earlier model. Its color touchscreen displays general commands, such as “Watch TV.” Tap it, and the Harmony 950 turns on the right components in the proper sequence to watch TV. You can control up to 15 devices with the remote, plus customize its touchscreen and buttons so your favorite activities are always easy to find.
Truly a universal remote
The remote works with over 270,000 entertainment devices from over 6,000 brands, including lighting controls, game consoles, multi-room systems, streaming devices such as Apple TV® and Roku® — and the list keeps growing. If it has a remote, you can probably control it with the Harmony 950. And you can preset up to 50 of your favorite TV orcable channels, and streaming services, and even display their logos for quick identification at a glance. Just touch the Netflix icon, and the remote sends out the commands to bring up that service on your TV. Want to watch the big game? Tap the ESPN logo and let the Harmony 950 do the rest.
To get started, connect the Harmony 950 to your Mac® or PC with the included USB cable. Go to Logitech's MyHarmony site. It will help you program your remote by asking some simple questions about your system and how you use it. It then downloads the control codes and command sequences to your remote. The MyHarmony site saves your settings for easy updates whenever you add or change gear.
Power at the ready
The Harmony 950 comes with its own charging station that doubles as a convenient storage base. But if you forget to dock it when you're done using it, don't worry. A built-in motion sensor powers down the remote if it's motionless for a while. Pick up the Harmony 950, and it "wakes up" instantly. That way, your remote won't run out of juice just sitting on the coffee table.
- swipe-and-tap 2-3/8" color touchscreen
- one-touch activity icons such as "Watch TV," "Mood Music," "Play Games" and much more
- up to 50 one-touch favorite channel icons
- customizable button functions and touchscreen display
- contoured, backlit buttons
- controls up to 15 devices such as:
- streaming media players like Apple TV, Roku®, and TiVo®
- game consoles
- CD, DVD, and Blu-ray players
- TVs, receivers, and more
- home automation gear, such as the Nest
- motion sensor "wakes up" remote from auto sleep mode when picked up to save on battery life
- USB port for downloading commands from MyHarmony website (USB cable included)
- can learn IR codes from existing remote controls
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- charging cradle with AC adapter
- 2-1/8"W x 7-7/16"H x 1-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 915-000259
What's in the box:
- Universal remote control (pre-installed rechargeable battery)
- Charging base
- AC power adapter (w/ 6' DC cord)
- 2' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Safety / Compliance / Warranty Information
Logitech® Harmony® 950 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Harmony® 950
Harmony 950 Universal Remote Control: The Harmony 950 universal remote control provides maximum flexibility for operating your home entertainment gear. You can control up to 15 different devices from the Harmony 950 universal remote. The remote measures 5.4375" (w) x 3.9375" (h) x 19.25" (d).
Desktop Software Setup: The Harmony 950 is programmed by connecting the universal remote to your laptop or desktop computer using the supplied USB cable, and downloading the MyHarmony desktop software. The MyHarmony desktop software will guide you through entering the manufacturer and model numbers of your home devices so the Harmony 950 understands how to control them. It then helps you create your Watch TV Activity (or scene) for one-button control.
Note: The Harmony database has over 270,000 electronic devices (and growing) from over 6,000 manufacturers. Click here to check compatibility with specfic devices.
System Requirements: Your PC or computer will need to meet the following system requirements.
- Windows-based PC:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
- USB type-A port
- Internet access
- Intel-based Mac Computer:
- Macintosh OS X 10.7 or later
- USB type-A port
- Internet access
Learning Function: In addition to the devices which can be entered using the web interface, this remote can also learn most functions of other infrared remotes.
Infrared (IR): The Harmony 950 controls your devices using infrared (IR) light meaning that there must be a direct line of sight between the Harmony remote and your component's IR eye or external IR receiver. The remote has an IR transmission range of up to 50'.
2.4" Full-Color Touchscreen w/ Tactile Feedback: The included remote's 2.4" full-color touchscreen gives you easy gesture control of the remote's commands and activities. The remote vibrates to give you tactile feedback when a tap, swipe or other gesture has been recognized by the remote's touchscreen. The remote's numeric keypad is located on the touchscreen.
One-Touch Controls: The Harmony 950 uses Activity Control to give you one-touch control of your home entertainment system.
- Entertainment Activities: You can create Activities that manage how you use your devices together. For example, if you have a TV, AV receiver, and cable or satellite box, you will want to control all of these devices when you watch TV. To control all of these devices together, create a Watch TV Activity. When you have completed adding your Watch TV Activity, you can add the other Activities that you want your Harmony Ultimate to control. The types of Activities that MyHarmony offers you depends on the types of devices you have added. You can add multiple Activities based on each type of Activity offered, such as Watch TV, Watch Movie, or Play Game.
- Custom Activities: Most Activities should fit into one of the Activity types offered. The Custom Activity type is recommended only for home appliances such as light controllers, fans, climate control devices, etc. The Custom Activity does not provide optimized defaults such as button customizations, Activity icons, and Favorite Channels as the other predefined Activity types do. These may be configured manually from MyHarmony.
- One Touch System Off: The Off button on the Harmony 950 remote powers off all of the devices for an Activity with one touch. For example, in a Watch TV Activity that uses a TV, Cable Box, and AV Receiver, pressing the Off button will power off all three devices at the same time.
Note: The Harmony 950 knows the current state of the devices it controls by remembering the last Activity you selected. For example, if you switch from watching cable TV to watching a Blu-ray, the Harmony Ultimate knows that it doesn't need to power the TV off and back on; it just leaves the TV turned on. It also it knows that it needs to power off the cable box and power on the Blu-ray player.
Favorites: The Favorites screen allows you to view your predefined favorite TV channels and station icons (when available). Using the MyHarmony desktop software program, you can select up to 50 Favorite Channels to display on the remote. Selecting a Favorite Channel will start your "Watch TV" Activity, if it's not already started, and tune directly to that channel. Using the touchscreen, you can add, remove and reorder your Favorite Channels right on the remote.
Command Customization: The Harmony 950 remote allows you to customize the commands that each button sends, or what commands appear in your Activity list. These button mappings may be unique for each of your Activities. This allows each button or screen to have different functions based on context. For example, in your Watch a Blu-ray Activity, the yellow button may perform the eject command, while in your Listen to Music Activity this same yellow button may be used to pull up your Favorite preset.
Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help button will guide you through the fix using the interactive multi-color touchscreen display.
Note: To help keep your Harmony in sync with your devices, avoid turning your television, set-top box and other devices on and off manually or by using their original remote control
Sleep Timer: Use the sleep timer feature to fall asleep and let the Harmony 950 take care of shutting down your equipment for you.
Rechargeable Battery: The Harmony 950 remote control includes a user-replaceable, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that has 20% greater capacity than previous generation Harmony remotes.
Charging Base: The remote comes with a docking station and AC power adapter that keeps the remote's battery fully charged. The charging base measures 3.1875" (w) x 2.25" (h) x 3.875 (d).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked