About the Logitech® Harmony® Home Hub
Control your home from your phone
Control your home from your phone
The Logitech Harmony Home Hub lets you turn virtually every smartphone and tablet in your home into a powerful remote. A remote that can not only control your home entertainment system, but many types of home automation components, too. So you can control your Nest Learning Thermostat, August smart locks, and more.
Control both home entertainment components and home automation devices from your smartphone (smartphone not included).
Intuitive control through the Harmony App
Harmony's free app is available to both iPhone® and Android™ users. And you can install the app on as many smartphones and tablets as you like, to have multiple controllers throughout your home. Swipe your phone's touchscreen to change from one component's control panel to the next. You can also group commands together under one-touch activity icons for both entertainment and home automation control.
Tap "Watch Movie" for example, and the app automatically turns on your TV, receiver, and Blu-ray player — whatever combination is required to make it work in your system. Select “Good Morning,” and your Lutron-controlled blinds open and lights turns on, and your bedroom stereo system starts playing music.
Control devices behind closed doors
The Harmony Hub connects to your home Wi-Fi® network and converts signals from your portable device into infrared (IR) signals your components can understand. This handy low-profile hub comes with an infrared mini-blaster so you can control a component stored behind closed cabinet doors.
Simple, guided setup has always been a big part of Harmony's success. Just download the free MyHarmony software to your Mac or PC. Then connect the Harmony Hub to it via the provided USB cable. MyHarmony will help you program your remote by asking some simple questions about your system and how you use it. It then downloads the commands and command sequences. And you can use MyHarmony to update your remote whenever you upgrade your system with new gear.
- connects to Wi-Fi network
- 1 IR mini-blaster for controlling a device inside a cabinet
- Bluetooth for control of PS3 and Wii game consoles
- IR control for Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- free downloadable Harmony control app
- for Apple® and Android smartphones and tablets
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa) and Google Home
- easy step-by-step setup
- swipe and tap touchscreen control app
- one-touch activity icons for entertainment (such as "Watch TV") and home automation (such as "Dinner Party")
- up to 50 one-touch TV channel icons
- controls up to 8 devices
- available from iTunes® and Google Play
- USB port for downloading commands from MyHarmony (USB cable included)
- AC power adapter
- 4-3/16"W x 1"H x 4-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Mobile system requirements:
- Apple® iPhone® 4S or later, iPad® (3rd generation or later), iPad mini®, iPod touch® (5th generation or later)
- Android: Wi-Fi enabled smartphone with Android 4.0 or later
- MFR # 915-000238
What's in the box:
- AC power adapters (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- IR mini-blaster (w/ attached 8' cable)
- 23" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Information
Logitech® Harmony® Home Hub reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Harmony® Home Hub
Harmony Home Hub: The Harmony Home Hub lets you control home entertainment and automation devices from your Apple iOS or Android device running the Harmony Control app. The Harmony Home Hub and Harmony Control app system support operation of up to 8 devices. The Harmony Home Hub stores your setup information and communicates between the Harmony Control app on your smartphone/tablet and your entertainment system devices. Placed near your television, set top box, game console and other equipment, it uses Infrared (IR), Bluetooth (RF), and WiFi to control your various devices.
Note: The Harmony database has over 270,000 electronic devices (and growing) from over 6,000 manufacturers. Click here to check compatibility with specfic devices.
App Based Setup: The first time you set up the Harmony Home Hub system, the Harmony App for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.0+ walks you through the setup process on your smartphone or tablet and stores your settings in your personal account. Your settings can then be wirelessly transmitted to your Harmony Hub or any other supported mobile device. If anything ever happens to your smartphone or Harmony Hub you can use these saved settings to set up a replacement system with ease.
Note: Harmony Smart Home Hub supports 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless networks with WPA, WPA2-AES, and 64/128 bit WEP encryption.
Harmony Control App: The Harmony Control app allows your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to communicate with the Harmony Hub over WiFi allowing your smartphone/tablet to control your home entertainment and automation devices. Now you can use your Apple iOS or Android mobile device as a personal universal remote control for your home entertainment and automation system. Control your TV, Blu-ray player, AV receiver, lights, locks, thermostats, blinds, and more whether inside or outside your home via a WiFi network connection.
- Apple iOS: Download the Harmony Control App from the Apple App store onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device.
- Android: Download the Harmony Control app from the Google Play store onto your Android (OS 4.0+) device.
Note: Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same WiFi network as the Harmony Home Hub.
Wireless Communication: The Harmony Home Hub communicates with the Harmony Control app on your Apple iOS or Android device using your home's wireless WiFi (2.4GHz) network. The Hub turns the WiFi network commands from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into infrared (IR) commands that your TV, cable/Sat box, Blu-ray/DVD player, A/V receiver, & many other home entertainment components understand. The Hub also distributes WiFi commands to a variety of home automation systems, plus Bluetooth (RF) commands to select gaming systems.
Note: An IR mini blaster is included to extend the range of the Harmony Home Hub allowing you to control IR devices that are on other shelves or outside of your cabinet, such as a television.
Gesture Controls: From the Harmony Control app on your compatible smartphone, you can use swipe or tap gestures to control and adjust volume, change channels, fast forward, rewind, and more.
One-Touch Controls: The Harmony Home Hub and Harmony Control app on your smartphone/tablet to give you one-touch control of your home entertainment & automation system.
- Entertainment Activities: You can create Activities that manage how you use your devices together. For example, if you have a TV, AV receiver, and cable or satellite box, you will want to control all of these devices when you watch TV. To control all of these devices together, create a Watch TV Activity. When you have completed adding your Watch TV Activity, you can add the other Activities that you want the Harmony app to control. The types of Activities that MyHarmony offers you depends on the types of devices you have added. You can add multiple Activities based on each type of Activity offered, such as Watch TV, Watch Movie, or Play Game.
- Custom Activities: Most Activities should fit into one of the Activity types offered. The Custom Activity type is recommended only for home appliances such as light controllers, fans, climate control devices, etc. The Custom Activity does not provide optimized defaults such as button customizations, Activity icons, and Favorite Channels as the other predefined Activity types do. These may be configured manually from MyHarmony.
- One Touch System Off: The Off button on the Harmony Control app powers off all of the devices for an Activity with one touch. For example, in a Watch TV Activity that uses a TV, Cable Box, and AV Receiver, pressing the Off button will power off all three devices at the same time.
Note: The Harmony Hub and Control App know the current state of the devices they control by remembering the last Activity you selected. For example, if you switch from watching cable TV to watching a DVD, the Harmony Control app knows that it doesn't need to power the TV off and back on; it just leaves the TV turned on. It also it knows that it needs to power off the cable box and power on the DVD player.
Favorites: The Favorites screen allows you to view your predefined favorite TV channels and station icons (when available). Using the MyHarmony desktop software or the Harmony Control app, you can select up to 50 Favorite Channels to display on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. Selecting a Favorite Channel will start your "Watch TV" Activity, if it's not already started, and tune directly to that channel. Using the Harmony Control app, you can add, remove and reorder your Favorite Channels right from your Apple iOS or Android device.
Other Controls: With the Harmony Hub and Harmony Control app, you can also easily access guides, menus, and recorded programs; as well as control playback.
Home Automation: The Harmony Home Hub and Control app let you integrate home entertainment with home automation control to create personalized home experiences.
- Philips Hue Lighting: The Harmony Home Hub and Control application are able to communicate with Philips hue wireless lighting systems. Once paired with hue, a light bulb will appear in the lower left corner of the remote app allowing you to control your Philips hue light bulbs. Light, color, and brightness settings can be configured for each Activity. For example, you could turn on lights and turn them blue when you watch TV, and dim the lights and turn them yellow for a movie. These settings can be programmed as part of an Activity so that optimal lighting will always be set for each Activity.
- Other Smart Home Automation: Using the Harmony Home Hub and Control application you'll also be able to control smart home automation devices from Nest, Lutron, August, and PEQ from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Alexa Compatible: Connect the Logitech Harmony Home Hub with an Amazon Alexa enabled product (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately) and you can start or stop Harmony Activities with just your voice. In addition to Activities (like "Watch TV"), you can also control playback functions such as Play, Pause, & Resume, as well as raise or lower the volume. When Logitech Harmony and Amazon Alexa work together, you bring the power of voice to your home entertainment center.
- Amazon Alexa and the Logitech Harmony skill is currently only able to support a single Harmony Hub. If you have more than one Harmony Hub you will be asked to select one during the skill linking process
- Some Harmony Activity or Favorite TV channel names conflict with things Amazon Alexa would like to do natively. For example, Activities with the word "Music", "Pandora", or "Spotify" will often not trigger through Harmony and will instead begin playing music through Alexa. You may want to consider, "Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on the tunes" as a friendly name to trigger a Harmony music-based Activity.
Optional Harmony Remote: The Harmony Home Hub can be pair with a compatible Harmony Universal Remote Control (such as the Harmony 950; sold separately) to control devices remotely from other rooms using a Harmony Remote and not justyour smartphone device The Harmony Hub accepts one remote of each type -
- One touchscreen remote (Pro, Pro 2400, Elite, 950, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, Touch, Ultimate One)
- One screen-less remote (Companion, Smart Control)
Harmony Home Hub Extender (Sold Separately): The Harmony Home Hub Extender (596HMHUBEX, sold separately) integrates ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Z-Wave Plus compatible devices with the Harmony Hub. Control lights, locks, sensors, garage doors and other devices operating through ZigBee or Z-Wave. You can include these devices in your programmed schedules and activities for enhanced home control. Or, you can use the Harmony Control App on your Apple iOS or Android device to control devices connected to an existing smart home control platform from Nexia, Vera Control (formerly Mi Casa Verde,) or ADT. Now your Harmony Hub system can control more home automation devices whether from inside or from outside your home.
Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help feature on the Harmony Control application will guide you through the fix.
12 questions already asked