About the Logitech® Squeezebox Radio
The Squeezebox Radio brings the world of Internet music to your nightstand or kitchen countertop. It connects to your Wi-Fi® or wired home network and lets you choose from thousands of Internet radio stations. You can also enjoy personalized music services such as Pandora®, Slacker®, Last.fm, and Rhapsody®. Tap into the music stored on your computer, or listen to a portable MP3 player you connect to the Squeezebox Radio's auxiliary input.
Great sound and a color LCD screen, too
This compact network music player features a mono speaker system with a separate woofer and tweeter that can put out big, clean sound. The 2-3/8" color screen displays song info, station IDs and other text clearly. It can also show screen savers, visualizers, and other graphics from your streaming sources. Six preset buttons let you quickly access your favorite Internet radio stations.
MOG — over 15 million songs, available instantly
MOG is an award-winning online music service with one of the largest and best-sounding streaming catalogs in the industry. It's the only service to offer all of its music in the 320 kbps MP3 format — that higher bit rate translates to better sound. In fact, we use it frequently in the Crutchfield Labs to test high-end audio gear. MOG's "Primo" service ($9.99/month) gives you unlimited, ad-free access to their extensive music library of over 15 million songs on a wide range of devices including Squeezebox network music players, Samsung TVs, your computer, iPad®, iPhone®, and Android devices.
Clock radio features
The Squeezebox Radio features a built-in digital clock with a sleep timer. When connected to the Internet, the Squeezebox automatically self-corrects its time no need to reset it. And you can program your alarm to go off at a different time each day of the week, to fully accommodate your schedule.
Simple Internet setup
Just download Logitech's free Squeezebox Server software to your computer, and set up your preferences. When you turn the Squeezebox Radio on for the first time, it automatically seeks out your Wi-Fi connection, and once logged on, remembers the setting even if the power goes off.
From the review
Spotlight on the Logitech Squeezebox Radio
"The Squeezebox Radio is an extra-strength table radio. I got the wide-ranging music options that I would expect of a wireless music player, with the added bonus of countertop-friendly size. And I got a little something extra with Facebook and Flickr."
Tara, Video Producer and A/V Writer
- plays music from the Internet and your home computer
- connects to your Wi-Fi home network
- compatible with 802.11b, 802.11g & 802.11n
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired PC network
- audio formats
- supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, and Apple Lossless audio files
- supports Internet audio streams in MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC and WMA formats
- compatible with Pandora, Rhapsody, Last.fm, and Slacker
- six Internet radio station preset buttons
- no AM/FM tuner
- mono speaker system with 3/4" tweeter and 3" woofer
- minijack audio input
- minijack headphone output
- 2-3/8" backlit color LCD display shows text and graphics
- alarm clock with individual settings for each day of the week
- 8-11/16"W x 5-1/8"H x5"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- broadband Internet connection
- works with Microsoft® Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
- works with Mac® OS X 10.4 - 10.6
- works with Ubuntu and Debian Linux operating systems
- MFR # 930-000101
What's in the box:
- Squeezebox Radio unit (black)
- AC power adapter with attached 6' DC cord
- AC power plug adapter insert
- 26" Stereo minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
Logitech® Squeezebox Radio reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Squeezebox Radio
Overview: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio is a compact all-in-one network music player which lets you listen to digital music on your computer and the internet any room of your house. You can browse, organize, and play your digital music collection stored on your computer or listen to internet radio and select online music services anywhere in your home.
Compact Design: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio fits easily just about anywhere in your home - the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, or even the patio, without taking up a lot of counter space.
Note: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio is not weather resistant.
2.4-inch Color Screen: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio features a 2.4-inch, 24-bit color LCD screen which displays album art, track and station information, visual-effects, and screen savers. The unit features an ambient light sensor to adjust the display's brightness according to your room's lighting condition, so it's never too bright or too dim.
High Quality Sound: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio provides high-quality sound with very low distortion thanks to its two-way speaker system, built-in digital amplifier, and support for 24/48 kHz encoding. The Squeezebox Radio features a 3/4" high-definition soft-dome tweeter and a 3" high-power long-throw woofer powered by a class-D amplifier with a digital electronic crossover.
Wired or Wireless Connection: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio allows you to connect to your computer and the Internet via a hardwire (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection:
- Wi-Fi Connection: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio offers true 802.11g (802.11n and 802.11b compatible) wireless technology that lets you enjoy your music stored on your computer in any room of your home, without wires. The Squeezebox Radio offers one-touch setup with compatible WPS-supporting routers. The Logitech Squeezebox Radio supports WPA Personal, WPA2-AES, and 64/128-bit WEP encryption.
- Ethernet Connection: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio features a rear-panel Ethernet (LAN) port which connects to any 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network (with Auto MDX).
System Requirements: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio supports the following operating systems (OS).
- Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- Macintosh OS X
- Debian/Ubuntu Linux or RPM-based Linux
Note: Requires 246 MB RAM and 80 MB available on the hard disk.
Digital Music Access: You can play songs from your personal library stored on your computer, tune in to thousands of Internet radio stations, or connect to online services like Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody, Sirius Internet Radio, or iTunes. The Squeezebox Radio supports the following digital audio formats.
- Media Server and Online Services: It supports the following audio formats - MP3, FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless, AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, Ogg, and AIFF.
- Internet Radio: It supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and WMA formatted Internet radio streams.
Online Portal: There is a web portal for Squeezebox Radio at www.mysqueezebox.com from your computer. Its main features include:
- My Music: At My Music, download Squeezebox Server so you can access and listen to your personal music library stored on your computer.
- Application Gallery: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio's Application Gallery allows you to find and play internet radio stations, online music services, podcast, newsfeeds, and more. You can browse the Application Gallery by - Featured Apps, Custom Radio, Music On-Demand, Music Stores, Podcast Services, Photo Services, Radio Networks, Social Networks, and Utilities.
- My Applications: Review and manage the applications that you have selected, installed and downloaded to the Squeezebox Radio.
- Favorites: For even quicker access to the items you listen to the most, you can add songs, albums, radio stations and playlists to your Favorites.
- Players: Find information about the Squeezebox players that are connected to your account. You can also change player names, and pick a different language and time-zone.
- Remote Control: Control Squeezebox Radio from your desktop.
- Support: Easy access to Squeezebox community forums and customer support.
- Account Settings: Review the settings for the mysqueezebox.com account that you created during the setup process.
Squeezebox Server: To listen to your personal music library on the Squeezebox Radio, you will need to download and install Squeezebox Server from mysqueezebox.com. After you install Squeezebox Server on your computer and select Finish, it will scan your computer, create an index of your music, and make your music library accessible from the Squeezebox Radio.
Note: If you only listen to music from Internet sources, or if you have uploaded your personal music collection to an online music locker, you do not need to run Squeezebox Server on your computer.
Control Panel: The Squeezebox Server Control Panel offers easy access to frequently used settings from your computer. Control panel tabs include:
Server Status: Start and stop Squeezebox Server, and scan your music library.
Music Library: Name your music library and point to music folders.
Account Settings: Enter your mysqueezebox.com account information.
Advanced: Perform advanced tasks such as music library cleanup, displaying log files, and accessing the Squeezebox Server web interface for additional advanced settings.
Diagnostics: Obtain diagnostic information such as IP addresses and port function status.
Information: A source for server information, music library statistics, and the folder locations for log files, cache folders and more.
Now Playing List: You can create and manage your own Now Playing list, and retrieve and listen to existing music playlists from music stored on your computer, internet radio, or online music services.
Note: Playlists are saved under My Music whether they are made up of songs from your personal music library, Interneradio stations, or online music services.
Shuffle and Repeat: The Squeezebox Radio lets you shuffle and repeat the music in a playlist.
Preset Buttons: The Logitech Squeezebox Radio is equipped with 6 preset buttons that allows one-touch access to your favorite radio stations, playlists and applications.
Internet Radio Search: The Squeezebox Radio allows you to browse, search, and select a full range of Internet radio stations. The Squeezebox Radio includes tools for browsing and searching by Staff Picks, Local stations, Talk radio, Sports, and more.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to accessing your digital music from your computer and the Internet, the Squeezebox Radio is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external device such as your iPod or other portable digital music player.
Headphone Output: The Squeezebox Radio is equipped with a side-panel 3.5mm stereo headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones so you can privately listen to your digital music.
Audio Settings: The Squeezebox Radio provides several options for adjusting the sound.
- Crossfade: Use crossfading to eliminate long periods of silence between the songs in your personal music library.
- Volume Level: You can even out the volume between songs in your personal music library. The Squeezebox Server will automatically use information from your audio files so that tracks and albums sound equally loud.
Alarm: The Squeezebox Radio includes a full-featured alarm clock that lets you set multiple alarms per day, for different times on any day of the week. You can use the default alarm sound, choose to be woken by an item in your Favorites, or you can select a sound from Squeezebox Radio's set of musical sounds, natural sounds, or sound effects.
Sleep Timer: You can set a timer for the Squeezebox Radio to automatically turn itself off so you can listen to music as you fall asleep. You can set the Squeezebox to turn off at the end of the song you are playing, or after 15, 30, 45, or 90 minutes.
Power Supply: The Squeezebox Radio operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter.
The Logitech® Squeezebox Radio replaces these items
- connects to your wireless or wired home network
- plays lossless, uncompressed, or compressed music files
- built-in speakers and 30-watt digital amplifier