About the Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
Kick it up a notch
Kick it up a notch
“It totally rocks,” “This thing is awesome,” and “Great sounds from such a small speaker!” That's what our customers had to say about the original Ultimate Ears BOOM. We can only imagine their reaction to the improved Ultimate Ears BOOM 2. This portable Bluetooth speaker still has the original's 100-foot Bluetooth range and a built-in rechargeable battery that delivers up to 15 hours of operation. But now there's more.
Get wet, go boom
The BOOM 2 isn't just water-resistant — it's waterproof. It can be submerged down to a meter for up to a half an hour, and still rock the party when you fish it out of the pool. And that protective covering is dirt-proof, too, so you can use the BOOM 2 at the beach. And it's also shockproof, so if it takes a tumble with you off your BMX bike, your tunes will keep playing.
Two 1-5/8" full-range drivers give you full-bodied sound, with two 2" passive radiators to kick out the bass. And the system delivers a full 360° soundfield. So no matter where you stand, your music will sound good.
The app also lets you pair two BOOM 2 speakers for two-channel stereo. It also lets you adjust your speaker's EQ settings, and even use the BOOM 2 as your wake-up alarm. You can download the free app at the Apple® iTunes® Store or Google Play.
Tap to play
When your smartphone or tablet isn't close by, you can use the super simple control buttons on the BOOM 2. Those big plus and minus signs on the side aren't decorative – they're the volume controllers. Tap the top of the BOOM 2 to play, tap twice to skip the song. It's that easy.
- powered wireless speaker for use with smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- 100 foot Bluetooth range
- two 1-5/8" full-range drivers and two 2" passive radiators for 360° sound
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- IPX7-rated waterproof, dirt-proof, and shockproof
- tap controls for play and skip
- Ultimate Ears BOOM app
- available from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- lets you link two BOOM 2s for stereo
- lets you simultaneously stream to 2 or more UE speakers
- lets you adjust EQ settings
- lets you set alarm to play music
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours
- stereo minijack auxiliary input
- USB charging cable
- 2-1/2" W x 7-1/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- weight: 19 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 984-000551
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC/USB power adapter
- 4' micro-USB to USB cable
- Important Information
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
360° Sound: The UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker features two 1.75" full-range drivers and dual 1.75" x 3" passive radiators wrapped around the speaker enclosure for an immersive 360° sound.
IPX7-Rated Waterproof: The UE Boom 2 is XP7-Rated waterproof. It can be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes. So feel free to take it by the pool, out to the beach, or even camping.
Bluetooth Speaker: The UE Boom 2 is a self-powered, portable Bluetooth speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop and more. It supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP music streaming and Bluetooth HFP hands-free communication, with wireless coverage up to 100'.
- Wireless Music Streaming: The UE Boom 2 streams stereo music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled device such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device through the UE Boom 2. You can even control basic playback functions such a Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the UE Boom 2 speaker. You will continue to view song/artist information from your Bluetooth device.
- Hands-Free Communication: The UE Boom 2 features Bluetooth HFP and an integrated dual microphone so you can use the UE Boom 2 as a wireless speakerphone for your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone (iPhone & Android compatible). The UE Boom 2 will automatically pause the music to let you take your phone call. You can even use Siri (for Apple iPhone) or Google Voice (for Android smartphones) to make a call. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the UE Boom 2.
Multi-Device Pairing + NFC: Up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices can be paired with this unit and up to 3 Bluetooth audio devices can be connected simultaneously in Block Party Mode. Block Party Mode lets you and your friends take turns wirelessly streaming and playing the music you love through the speaker. Android OS 4.0+ devices that have Near Field Communication (NFC) can pair by simply touching the Android device's NFC tag to the Boom 2 speaker's NFC tag. Once paired, the UE Boom 2 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 100').
UE Boom App: You can download the UE Boom app onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device or Android (OS 4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet for added features. The UE Boom app provides remote control, Stereo or Double Sound speaker configuration, customizable 5-band EQ, and a wake-up timer.
- Remote Control: Use the app as a remote control to adjust the volume and power on and off the UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker.
- Link Speakers: Setup up playback of two UE Boom 2 speakers simultaneously from one device. The two speakers can be set up so each speaker plays back both left and right channels (Double Sound), or setup so one speaker acts as the left channel and the other plays the right channel (Stereo). You can even choose Party Mode to link up to 150 UE Boom 2, MegaBoom, or Boom speakers together.
- Customizable 5-Band EQ: Use the fully customizable 5-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound of the UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker to your listening preference.
- Wake Up Timer: The UE Boom 2 can be set to wake you up with your favorite song from your Blueooth-enabled device's stored music library, configured Spotify playlist, a created Pandora station, and more. Snooze function also available.
Voice Control: The UE Boom 2 speaker provides Siri, Google Voice, and Alexa integration through its built-in microphone and the UE Boom app.
- Siri: To activate Siri, simply press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and you'll hear a tone while the button will blink on/off indicating that Siri is listening. You can then say a command to play your music, dial a phone number, check the weather, etc (commands are based on those supported by Siri). Music services which support Siri include iTunes, Apple Music, and any music stored on your Apple iOS device. You do not need to have the UE speaker app running in the background.
- Google Voice: To activate Google Voice, simply press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and you'll hear a tone while the button will blink on/off indicating that Google Voice is listening. You can then say a command to play your music, dial a phone number, check the weather, etc (commands are based on those supported by Google Voice). Music services which support Google Voice include Google Play Music, Spotify, and any music stored on your Android device. The UE app must be running in the background on your Android device for this feature to work.
- Alexa: You can use the Amazon Alexa tap-to-talk feature if you have an Android smartphone running Lollipop 5.0 or higher (will not work with Google Pixel or any Bixby enabled Samsung device). To use Alexa, simply tap (short press) the Bluetooth button on the speaker. You can use Alexa to listen to music from Amazon Music, iHeartRadio and TuneIn as well as get web search results such as sports scores, weather, reports, jokes and Flash Briefings (Click here for the latest Alexa skills). You will need to already have or setup an Amazon Alexa account. If you've previously used Google Voice, activating the Alexa will disable this feature.
Note: Make sure that the UE speaker is running the latest software/firmware and your smartphone has the latest version of the Boom app installed.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the UE Boom 2 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
LED Indicators: LEDs indicate power, charge, and battery life; plus Bluetooth pairing and connectivity.
Rechargeable Battery: The UE Boom 2 has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery that provides up to 15 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included 4' micro-USB to USB cable and AC power adapter; charging time is approximately 2.5 hours. By pressing the speaker's volume up/down buttons together, you will hear a voice prompt indicating the percentage of battery life left. To save power, the UE Boom 2 will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without music or user interaction.
D-Ring: The Bluetooth speaker has an integrated D-ring if you want to attach a lanyard (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked