About the UE BOOM
Made for play
Made for play
Warning: with a UE BOOM in hand, you could have a party break out almost anywhere. This compact Bluetooth speaker system delivers robust 360° sound. So whether it's sitting on a living room coffee table, or a tree stump out in the woods, you'll hear your music loud and clear.
All you need is a smartphone and a UE Boom, and you've got a party.
Listen in stereo or double the volume
Want it loud? With the UE BOOM app, you can stream simultaneously to two UE BOOMs and double the volume. Or use the app control to make them a stereo pair for a more refined listening experience.
Have a ball or take a call
The UE BOOM lets you stream from virtually any Bluetooth-enabled device and enjoy great sound. Smartphone, tablet, portable game console, laptop — it's all good.
If a call comes in on your smartphone while you're using the UE BOOM, you can take it. The UE BOOM has a built-in microphone so you can use it as a speakerphone.
Two 1-5/8" full-range drivers give you full-bodied sound, with two 2" passive radiators to reinforce the low tones. You'll hear your music loud and clear, delivered with plenty of punch.
Built for action
The UE BOOM has a tough, acoustic skin with a plasma coating. That makes it not only water resistant, but stain resistant, too. Where's the volume control? You can't miss it! Just look for the big plus and minus on the side.
You can pair two devices simultaneously with the UE BOOM app.
A sturdy D ring at the bottom of the UE BOOM makes transport easy — just clip on a carabiner and hook it to your belt loop or backpack. It even has a tripod mount so you can set it up for some hands-free partying.
A built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 15 hours of operation, so the UE BOOM will be pumping out the party tunes as long as you can keep going.
- powered wireless speaker for use with smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- two 1-5/8" full-range drivers, two 2" passive radiators
- A2DP Bluetooth for better sound quality
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- NFC (Near Field Communications) touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- pair 2 devices simultaneously
- play 2 UE BOOMs from single source for stereo with free Boom app (available at iTunes® app store and Google Play store)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours
- water- and stain-resistant
- stereo minijack auxiliary input
- USB charging cable
- 2-1/2" W x 7-1/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- weight: 19 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 984-000795
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- AC/USB power adapter
- 4' micro-USB to USB cable
- Pairing Instructions
- Important Information
UE BOOM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the UE BOOM
Bluetooth Speaker: The UE Boom is a self-powered, portable Bluetooth speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablets, players and other devices. It supports Bluetooth A2DP music streaming and Bluetooth HFP hands-free communication.
- Bluetooth A2DP: The UE Boom streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth enabled devices such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/PC, or other devices. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to navigate your music and to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth HFP: The UE Boom features Bluetooth HFP and an integrated dual microphone so you can use the UE Boom as a wireless speakerphone for your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. The UE Boom will automatically pause the music to let you take your phone call. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the UE Boom.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ NFC: Up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices can be paired with this unit and up to 2 devices can be connected simultaneously. However, only one Bluetooth device can be played at a time. Once paired, the UE Boom will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 50'). Android OS 4.0+ devices that have Near Field Communication (NFC) can pair by simply touching the Android device's NFC tag to the UE Boom speaker's NFC tag.
Note: The UE Boom does not support auto reconnect. You will have to go into your Bluetooth source device's menu to select the UE Boom to reconnect.
Water/Stain Resistant:: The UE Boom Bluetooth speaker is water- and stain-resistant, so you can take it with you outdoors on the porch, patio, or deck.
Stereo Sound: The UE Boom features two 1.625" full-range drivers and dual 2.0" passive radiators for dynamic sound from a compact speaker.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the UE Boom is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Boom App: You can download the Boom app onto your Apple iOS device (from iTunes) or Android device (from Google Play) for playback of two UE Boom speakers simultaneously from one device. The two speakers can be set up so each speaker plays back both left and right channels (Double Sound), or setup so one speaker acts as the left channel and the other plays the right channel (Stereo). Compatible with iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad (running iOS 5.1 or later). Compatibility with Android varies by model.
LED Indicators: LEDs indicate power, charge, battery life, and Bluetooth pairing/connectivity.
Rechargeable Battery: The UE Boom has a built-in rechargeable battery that provides up to 15 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included 4' micro-USB to USB cable and AC power adapter. By pressing the speaker's volume up/down buttons together, you will hear a voice prompt indicating the percentage of battery life left. To save power, the UE Boom will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without music or user interaction.
D-Ring: The Bluetooth speaker has an integrated D-ring if you want to attach a lanyard (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked