About the Logitech® Harmony® Ultimate Remote
The Ultimate Remote
The Ultimate Remote
The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is one of the most advanced remotes we've ever seen. Right from the start, you can tell this remote is different. Its ergonomic design fits easily into your hand. And its built-in motion sensor “wakes up” the remote when you pick it up — no more draining batteries while the remote's sitting on the coffee table.
Simple, intuitive control
The Ultimate remote doesn't overwhelm you with choices — it has a few simple control buttons and a color touchscreen. With a flick of your finger you can quickly swipe and scroll to navigate to your entertainment choices. You can even consolidate button functions. So, for example, by tapping a button, your Blu-ray player skips to the next chapter. But if you hold down that button, the player will fast-forward through the disc.
Is your setup complex? Not anymore. You can initiate a sequence of commands by tapping a single activity icon. Touch the “Watch TV” icon, for example, and the Harmony automatically assesses the status of your HDTV, receiver, cable or satellite box and makes sure they're all turned on with the proper settings. Presto! Your system's ready for TV viewing. The activity icons also provide easy access for family members and houseguests.
You can have multiple “Watch TV” settings for use with different cable boxes, or setups in different rooms. Select display icons for up to 50 of your favorite channels. And you can personalize and rearrange them as you want — right on the remote's touchscreen. To watch a channel, just touch the icon. The remote does the rest.
"Logitech has one-upped itself with the Harmony Ultimate."
"The Logitech Harmony Ultimate... is one of the most powerful universal remotes available, and one of the easiest to set up, thanks to the Harmony Web app and the Harmony Hub. The addition of Bluetooth control for game systems, smartphone and tablet remote control, and Philips Hue light control all make the remote more flexible than ever...."
"If you want the sleekest, most powerful universal remote available with as much flexibility as possible, the Harmony Ultimate is the controller to go with and is our Editors' Choice for universal remotes."
— PC Magazine Editors' Choice
Read the full review
Easy Internet setup
You can control up to 15 devices with the Ultimate remote. The system works with over 5,000 brands and 225,000 entertainment devices, including lighting controls, game consoles, multi-room systems, and more. If it has a remote, you can probably control it with the Ultimate.
To get started, simply connect the Harmony Ultimate to your Mac or PC via the provided USB cable. At the Harmony website, just answer a few questions about your gear and how you use it. The proper command codes automatically download to your remote, and you're done.
The Harmony Hub
The handy low-profile hub comes with two infrared flashers so you can control components stored behind closed cabinet doors. It can relay commands from your remote, effectively extending the range of your controller.
The hub uses Bluetooth® to communicate with your PS3® and Wii® game consoles. It also uses IR (infrared) for Xbox 360 control. That eliminates the need for extra remotes, and frees up USB connections on your consoles. And the hub connects to your home Wi-Fi® network so you can use apps from mobile devices or cloud services.
You also have more control over your TV with the hub. It has a programmable sleep timer so your TV doesn't stay on all the time, wasting power. And it can monitor and manage family screen time, ensuring that children don't spend too much time in front of the screen.
The Harmony app can turn your smartphone into a second remote.
Smartphone remote control
With the free Harmony app, available from Apple iTunes® and the Android™ App store, you can turn your smartphone into a second personal remote. And the app has guided screen prompts to make setup even easier.
- Ultimate remote
- easy Internet-based setup
- 2-3/8" swipe and tap color touchscreen
- one-touch activity icons such as "Watch TV," "Listen to Music," etc.
- allows multiple "Watch TV" settings for different set top boxes
- up to 50 one-touch channel icons
- customizable button functions and touchscreen layout
- number pad access on touchscreen
- contoured backlit buttons
- controls up to 15 devices
- motion sensor "wakes up" remote when picked up to save on battery life
- comfortable, ergonomic design
- USB port for downloading commands from Logitech's website (USB cable included)
- can learn IR codes from existing remote controls
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- recharging cradle with AC adapter
- Harmony Hub
- two IR blasters for controlling devices inside cabinets
- RF (radio frequency) link to Ultimate remote for control without pointing
- Bluetooth for control of PS3 and Wii game consoles
- IR control for Xbox 360
- Bluetooth for smart device setup
- Wi-Fi connects hub to apps running on mobile devices and cloud services
- monitor and manage family screen time
- TV timer
- personalized favorites and settings
- free Harmony control app available from iTunes® and Android App Store
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- USB port
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- USB port
- Windows® XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- MFR # 915-000201
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen remote control
- Charging station
- 2 AC adapters (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- Two 8' IR blasters
- 24" micro-USB toUSB type-A cable
- Setup Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Important Information
- Component guide
Logitech® Harmony® Ultimate Remote reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Logitech® Harmony® Ultimate Remote
Harmony Ultimate: The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is an activity-based IR/RF universal remote control that comes with an external IR/RF hub and two IR blasters that gives you control of IR components and Bluetooth game consoles, even in enclosed cabinets and behind walls. Using the myharmony.com web-based setup, you can control up to 15 different devices. Employing Smart State technology, the Harmony Ultimate keeps track of the devices it controls, which allows it to always know which devices are on and off, and what input each device is currently set to. The Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote brings the flexibility and convenience of touchscreen controls to your home entertainment system.
MyHarmony.com Setup: http://myharmony.com is the website where you configure the Harmony Ultimate. By connecting the Harmony Ultimate to your Mac or Windows computer via USB and following the instructions at myharmony.com, you can enter your device information, create activities and choose your favorites. With this information, myharmony.com will configure your Harmony Ultimate to control your entertainment system. During setup you will be prompted to enter your network password in order to connect the included Hub to your wireless home network, so you can use the Harmony App on your Apple iOS or Android device. Your can return to myharmony.com any time to update your configuration, although many settings can also be maintained directly on Harmony Ultimate as well. The myharmony.com website has a database of over 225,000 electronic devices from over 5,000 manufacturers. Your computer environment will need to meet the following system requirements:
- Windows-based PC:
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32/64-bit), 7 (32/64-bit), Vista (32-bit) or XP (32-bit)
- USB type-A port
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz); WEP 64/128, WPA Personal, or WPA2-AES)
- Internet access (Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome 16+, Firefox 11+)
- Intel-based Mac Computer:
- Macintosh OS X 10.4.8 or later
- USB type-A port
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz); WEP 64/128, WPA Personal, or WPA2-AES)
- Internet access (Firefox 11+, Safari 4+)
Note: The Harmony Ultimate must be connected to your Windows or Mac computer with the included USB cable to setup the remote through the myharmony.com website.
2.4" Color Touchscreen w/ Backlit Buttons: The Harmony Ultimate's 2.4" full-color touchscreen gives you easy swipe (up/down/left/right) and tap control of the remote's commands and activities. The numeric keypad is now located on the touchscreen. All the buttons are backlit and integrated tilt sensors automatically light up the touchscreen, so you can easily navigate your favorite entertainment in the dark. Gentle vibrations let you know when a screen button is pressed, so there's no need to take your eyes off whatever you're watching. You can even double the number of buttons by programming them for both short and long presses.
Control Hub w/ IR Blasters: The included Harmony Hub turns RF signals from the Harmony Ultimate remote control into IR and Bluetooth commands your home theater devices can understand. The Hub then send these same commands to the two included IR blasters which can be placed beside two hidden IR components or directly to your Bluetooth game console. You'll be able to control your IR audio/video components and Bluetooth game consoles (like PS3/Wii/Xbox 360), even if they are in an enclosed cabinet or behind a wall. In addition, you can set the Harmony Ultimate to control your exposed IR components (like your TV & Soundbar) directly without the use of the hub or IR blasters.
Note: The Harmony Ultimate's RF functionality only supports communication between the Ultimate remote and the included Hub for IR and Bluetooth control. It does not support direct control of other RF components.
Remote Commands: The Harmony Ultimate offers a variety of unique remote commands for your home entertainment system.
- Activities: The Harmony Ultimate uses Activity Control to give you one-touch control of your entertainment system. You can use one of the touchscreen's Activity buttons to power on your TV, DVD player, A/V receiver, set all your inputs and even activate play without having to program time consuming macros. Once all of your equipment is "On", the buttons on the remote are also automatically configured for the appropriate operation.
- Gestures: When an Activity is running, swiping up from the bottom of the touchscreen will display the gesture screen. Here, simple taps and swipes will perform functions related to the current Activity such as changing the volume, skipping forward or backward, pausing and playing, etc. Tap the button at the top of the screen to see what gestures are available for each Activity.
- Favorites: Favorites are your favorite TV channels. Using the myharmony.com website you can select up to 50 favorite channels to display on the remote. Selecting a favorite channel will start your "Watch TV" activity, if it's not already started, and tune directly to that channel. Using the touchscreen, you can add, remove and reorder your favorite channels right on the remote.
- System Off: One push of the off button turns off all the equipment in your system.
- Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help button will guide you through the fix using the interactive multi-color touchscreen display.
Harmony Remote App: Download the Harmony App from the Apple App Store or Google Play and turn your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (2.3.3+) device into a personal universal remote, when your Apple iOS or Android device is paired with the Harmony Ultimate's Hub via WiFi. Your Apple iOS/Android device will transmit WiFi commands to the Ultimate's Hub, which then turns these same commands into IR and Bluetooth for control of your IR audio/video components and Bluetooth game console. This app gives you control of your entertainment devices; including TV, DVR, Cable box, Receiver, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and more. You also get 50 favorite channel icons and one-touch activity control.
Note: During the myharmony.com setup, you will need to enter your network password in order to connect the Ultimate's Hub to your home's WiFi network so it will communicate with your Apple iOS or Android device.
Philips Hue Light Control: The Harmony Ultimate allows you to set your Philips Hue lights (sold separately) to the perfect brightness and color for any activity, like watching your favorite TV program or enjoying a blockbuster movie.
Lithium-Ion Battery/Recharging Docking Station: The Harmony Ultimate includes an integrated rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which provides up to 72 hours under normal use. Charging time is approximately 4 hours. The remote comes with a docking station and AC power adapter that keeps the remote fully charged.
- Width = 2.215"
- Height = 1.235"
- Depth = 7.315"
- Charging Station:
- Width = 2.895"
- Height = 2.875"
- Depth = 4.485"
- Width = 4.915"
- Height = 1.035"
- Depth = 4.675"
6 questions already asked