About the Jaybird Vista 2
Jaybird's runner-friendly earbuds get even better
The waterproof Vista 2 earbuds meet military standards for durability and are lined with a tough fabric that helps dampen wind noise.
Jaybird's runner-friendly earbuds get even better
I named the original Jaybird Vista true wireless earbuds our "best Bluetooth headphones for running" due to their fit, security, durability and hard-hitting bass. The Vista 2 earbuds keep all those important workout features, and added much more. Most notably, these waterproof, wire-free earbuds use noise-canceling circuitry to knock out loud distractions in the gym.
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth, and you have touch control over music, calls, and noise cancellation. You get up to six hours of wireless music listening with noise cancellation, and eight without it — enough for even the most intense workouts.
In the gym, it's sometimes okay to shut out the world and focus on your workout. But if you're running or exercising out in the real world, you need to stay aware of your surroundings. Use the touch controls to turn off active noise cancellation and activate Jaybird's "SurroundSense" feature. This uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds, so you can hear what's going on around you.
Jaybird earbuds are designed to stay put during workouts.
Jaybird's signature secure fit
We've heard from runners on the Crutchfield staff that Jaybird is a favorite pick for staying in place during workouts. The Vista 2 headphones include three sizes of soft-gel silicone ear tips to ensure you find a comfortable fit. Two of the pairs come with Jaybird's signature flexible "fins" that help further secure them.
Powerful, punchy bass
Finding a good fit is important for several reasons. First, the most obvious — it is really annoying to deal with earbuds moving around, particularly when you're hyper-focused on running. But also, achieving and maintaining that tight seal is necessary in order to get the full impact of your music, including the deep bass frequencies.
I haven't heard the Vista 2 earbuds yet, but they use the same drivers as the originals. Those headphones deliver deep, hard-hitting bass for true wireless earbuds, despite being some of the smallest headphones I've ever tried. Jaybird says they've upgraded the digital sound processing for this model, so I'm looking forward to giving them a trial run.
The dust-resistant case banks 16 hours of power to wirelessly recharge the earbuds. (A 5-minute "Quick Charge" provides enough power for 1 hour of listening.)
Adjust the sound and find lost earbuds with the MySound app
You can tweak the out-of-the-box sound with the Jaybird MySound app, a free download for your iPhone® or Android™ device. It allows you to adjust the noise cancellation, SurroundSense awareness feature, and sound of the Vista earbuds.
You can dial in the EQ manually or choose from existing audio profiles. And if you happen to misplace or drop one of the earbuds? The MySound app has a "Find my Buds" feature that will track them down by using your phone's GPS. It can even help locate the charging case.
- 100% wire-free, waterproof headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- each earbud can make a strong, independent Bluetooth connection to your phone or audio device
- reduced latency for better sync between audio and video
- 6mm dynamic drivers for low-distortion sound with deep, punchy bass
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to reduces external distractions
- "SurroundSense" mode lets you hear external sounds for awareness during workouts
- 3 sizes of silicone soft-gel ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 2 pairs feature built-in "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- IP68-rated and military-spec waterproof and dustproof
- protective enclosure with durable fabric to help dampen wind noise
- touch control for Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and calls
- free Jaybird app for Apple® and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound
- use the app's "Find My Buds" feature to track down a lost earbud or case
Charging case, battery, and general info:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 6 hours of listening with noise cancellation (8 without it)
- carrying case banks up to 16 hours of power to charge the headphones on the go
- compact, 1P54-rated splash-proof, dust-resistant silicone case
- 5-minute "Quick Charge" provides enough power for 1 hour of listening
- case dimensions: 2-15/16"W x 1-9/16"H x 1"D
- USB-C cable included for charging case
- compatible with optional Qi wireless chargers
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 103.5 dB
- weight: 0.47 ounces (both earbuds and medium ear tips)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jaybird Vista 2
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20K Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|