About the Jaybird X3 Wireless
They stay put, so you can put in work
The Jaybird X3 Wireless headphones fit securely in your ears and have a flexible cord routing system.
They stay put, so you can put in work
When buying or reviewing sports headphones, I always ask myself first: "What stops these earbuds from slipping around or falling out?" The sweat-proof Jaybird X3 wireless headphones come with different-sized silicone ear "fins" to help keep them in place. And you can route their connecting cord either below or up and around your ear so they feel comfortable — even inside a bike or ski helmet.
You won't have to run a cord to your phone, thanks to built-in Bluetooth. So while you pound the pavement, hit the trail, or just mow the lawn — admittedly the extent of my physical outdoors activity — the X3s will stay in your ears and out of your way.
Hard-hitting sound you can customize
These earbuds are tuned to deliver a energetic sound profile that keeps you motivated. That means you get the punchy, powerful bass that makes Jaybird a popular choice with the gym crowd. And if you want to tweak their signature sound a bit, Jaybird's MySound app is available for download on Apple® or Android™ devices. You can adjust the EQ and customize the sound using the app.
A generous choice of premium-quality ear tips
Jaybird is hyper-focused on ensuring you find a good fit. How do we know? They've included three pairs of ear fins and a six pairs of ear tips, so you can find ones that match your ears well. There are three sizes of silicone tips and three sizes of Comply™ memory foam tips.
I'm a big fan of Comply foam tips — they're my personal favorite — because they fit snug but feel light and unobtrusive. Just be advised that these foam tips create a tight seal that isolates noise. That's great when you're working out or cooling off inside, but you probably want to stick with silicone tips when you need to be more aware of your surroundings.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- cord routing system helps secure the earbuds while you exercise
- cord can wrap behind the ear or below it
- designed to fit comfortably while wearing a bike helmet
- 3 sizes of silicone ear "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- sweat-proof design
- 6mm dynamic drivers tuned to deliver high-energy sound with big bass
- free MySound app for Apple and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound using your phone
- three-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls or voice commands with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 8 hours of listening
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 3 sizes of angled silicone ear tips
- 3 sizes of sport Comply foam tips
- pocket-sized carrying case
- USB charging cradle included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 16 ohms
- weight: .63 ounces (with fins and tips)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 985-000584
What's in the box:
- Wireless in-ear sport headphones (alpha) with 19" connecting cable and in-line remote/microphone
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Comply memory foam ear tips
- 3 Pairs of secure-fit ear fins (1 pair installed)
- 4.75" USB cable and charger cradle (Type A USB)
- Shirt clip
- 2 Cord clips
- Storage pouch
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Jaybird decal
Jaybird X3 Wireless Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jaybird X3 Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.533" x 0.533"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Jaybird X3 in-ear wireless sport headphones are designed to withstand the rigors of your workout. Not only are the headphones waterproof and sweat-proof, but they will stay in place, no matter what your level of activity. The X3 comes with six pairs of silicone and memory foam ear tips, secure-fit ear fins, cord clips, and a shirt clip. Your headphones and accessories can be stored in the supplied water-resistant pouch.
Ear Tips: The Jaybird X3 in-ear headphones feature smaller ear buds than previous models to fit smaller ear canals. It is small enough to allow you to wear them inside of a full helmet. The package includes both silicone and Comply memory foam ear tips in three sizes each. Three sizes of ergonomic Secure-Fit ear fins are available for greater comfort and fit.
Over/Under Ear: The X3s can be worn in different ways depending upon your intended use. If you wear them during rigorous sports, running, or biking, it is recommended that you choose the over-ear sport fit. The two included cord clips can be used to take up the slack of the connecting cable and get a snug fit around the back of the head. If using the X3s for casual listening, the under-ear casual fit is recommended. The included shirt clip lets you attach the cord to the collar of your shirt.
Bluetooth: The X3s are equipped with Bluetooth version 4.1, allowing you to listen to music or take phone calls wirelessly from your smartphone. The headphones have an effective range of 30 feet, and are compatible with the following codecs: AAC, SBC and Modified SBC, and profiles: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP. Some advanced Bluetooth features include:
- Multipoint: Multipoint allows you to be connected to two devices simultaneously. While you are paired to your laptop and listening to music, you can accept a phone call on your paired cellphone. The X3 will remember up to 8 paired Bluetooth devices, and can be actively connected to two of them at a time.
- Share Me: The Share Me feature allows you to share the music you're listening to with another pair of X3 headphones.
- Smartwatch Compatibility: You can sync your smart phone with a smartwatch, and leave your phone at home while you run or ride. This feature works with the Apple WatchOS, Samsung Tizen, and Android Wear.
MySound App: The Jaybird MySound app, available from the App Store and Google Play, lets you customize your EQ settings to your listening tastes. You can sample the EQ presets of numerous athletes and artists, and download the ones you like to your headphones. You can even create your own sound profile and save it to your X3s or share it with others. The MySound app is compatible with Android devices running OS 4.4 and up, and with iPhones and iPads with iOS 9.0 or later.
Battery: The Jaybird X3 is powered by a 3.7-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2.5 hours via the included USB cable (5V 500mA power source recommended). A fully charged battery provides approximately 8 hours of playback time. The Quick Charge feature will provide 1 hour of playback time after a 20 minute charge.
In-line Remote/Microphone: The headphones have an in-line 3-button remote control for power, Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and phone calls. The remote includes an integrated omnidirectional microphone for phone calls and voice assistance.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 16 Ω
- Sensitivity: 96 dB (+/- 3dB at 1 kHz)
- Output: 5mW nominal, 10mW max
- Driver Size: 6mm
- Dimensions: Ear Bud Diameter 0.533" Depth 1.103"
- Weight: 1.7 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked