About the Jaybird X4 Wireless
You move around, and these earbuds don't
The Jaybird X4 Wireless earbuds fit securely in your ears and have a flexible behind-the-neck cord.
You move around, and these earbuds don't
I've recommended Jaybird's X Series headphones to several runners I know — and so far they've all thanked me after the fact. These earbuds simply don't move around or fall out during workouts. The X4 Wireless in-ears are the latest in the series, and Jaybird somehow figured out a way to improve their signature secure fit.
They've slightly tweaked the design of their flexible silicone ear "fins" so that they stay in place even better. And this version is completely waterproof — the earbuds have an IPX7 rating — for when workouts include unexpected rain showers.
You won't have to run a cord to your phone, thanks to built-in Bluetooth. So while you pound the pavement, hit the trail, or just mow the lawn — admittedly the extent of my physical outdoors activity — the X4s will stay in your ears and out of your way.
Hard-hitting sound you can customize
These earbuds are tuned to deliver an energetic sound profile that keeps you motivated. That means you get the punchy, powerful bass that makes Jaybird a popular choice with the gym crowd. And if you want to tweak their signature sound a bit, Jaybird's MySound app is available for download on Apple® or Android™ devices.
I recommended Jaybird earbuds to one of my buddies, and he raved about their app. He told me it is really useful and fun to play around with. He likes that he can adjust the EQ and customize the sound, based on what he's doing.
A generous choice of premium-quality ear tips
Jaybird is hyper-focused on ensuring you find a good fit. How do we know? They've included three pairs of ear fins and a four pairs of ear tips. There are two sizes of silicone tips and two sizes of Comply™ memory foam tips.
I personally like the Comply foam tips best because they fit snug but feel light and unobtrusive. Just be advised that these foam tips create a tight seal that isolates noise. That's great when you're working out or cooling off inside, but you probably want to stick with silicone tips when you need to be more aware of your surroundings.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- cord routing system helps secure the earbuds while you exercise
- cord can wrap behind the ear or below it
- designed to fit comfortably while wearing a bike helmet
- 3 sizes of silicone ear "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- IPX7 rated waterproof design
- 6mm dynamic drivers tuned to deliver high-energy sound with big bass
- free MySound app for Apple and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound using your phone
- three-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls or voice commands with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 8 hours of listening
- includes 4 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 2 sizes of angled silicone ear tips
- 2 sizes of sport Comply foam tips
- cable management "cinch" clip helps you adjust fit
- pocket-sized carrying case
- USB charging cable included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 16 ohms
- weight: .51 ounces (without fins and tips)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 985-000809
What's in the box:
- Wireless in-ear sport headphones (Storm Metallic-Glacier) with 20" connecting cable and in-line remote/microphone
- 2 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 2 Pairs of Comply memory foam ear tips
- 3 Pairs of secure-fit ear fins (1 pair installed)
- 3.75" USB cable and charger cradle (Type A USB)
- Shirt clip
- Cord clip (installed)
- Storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safe Listening guide
Jaybird X4 Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jaybird X4 Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.53" x 0.53"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Jaybird X4 in-ear wireless sport headphones are fully weatherproof with an IPX7 rating, and are designed to withstand the rigors of your workout. Not only are the headphones waterproof and sweat-proof, but they will stay in place, no matter what your level of activity. The X4 comes with four pairs of silicone and memory foam ear tips, secure-fit ear fins, a cord cinch, and a shirt clip. The headphones and accessories can be stored in the supplied water-resistant pouch.
Ear Tips: The Jaybird X4 in-ear headphones include both silicone and Comply memory foam ear tips in two sizes each. Three sizes of ergonomic Secure-Fit ear fins are available for greater comfort and fit.
Over/Under Ear: The X4s can be worn in different ways depending upon your intended use. If you plan to wear them during rigorous sports, running, or biking, it is recommended that you choose the over-ear sport fit. The included cord cinch can be used to take up the slack of the connecting cable and get a snug fit around the back of the head. If using the X4s for casual listening, the under-ear casual fit is recommended. The included shirt clip lets you attach the cord to the collar of your shirt.
Bluetooth: The X4s are equipped with Bluetooth version 4.1 with Multipoint, allowing you to listen to music or take phone calls wirelessly from your smartphone. The headphones have an effective range of up to 33 feet, and are compatible with the following codecs: AAC and SBC, and profiles: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP. Multipoint allows you to be connected to two devices simultaneously. The earphones can remember up to 8 paired Bluetooth devices.
Smartwatch Compatibility: The Jaybird X4 has the ability to pair to your favorite smartwatch. If your smartwatch has music onboard, you can leave your phone at home and listen to music from the smartwatch. The X4 is compatible with select Apple WatchOS, Samsung, Android Wear, and Garmin watches.
MySound App: The Jaybird MySound app, available from the App Store and Google Play, lets you customize your EQ settings to your listening tastes. You can sample the EQ presets of numerous athletes and artists, and download the ones you like to your headphones. You can even create your own sound profile and save it to your X4s or share it with others. The MySound app is compatible with Android devices running OS 4.4 and up, and with iPhones and iPads with iOS 11.0 or later.
Battery: The Jaybird X4 is powered by a 3.8-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2 hours via the included charging cradle. The in-line remote has 4 contacts on the back that align with the 4 pins in the charging cradle. Simply snap the remote into the cradle, and plug the USB cable into your USB power source (5V 500mA power source recommended, 5.5-volt source max). A fully charged battery provides approximately 8 hours of playback time. The Quick Charge feature will provide 1 hour of playback time after a 10 minute charge. Each time you turn on the X4s, you'll hear a battery level announcement, rounded to the nearest 20% level. The MySound app will indicate the battery level in 1% increments.
In-line Remote/Microphone: The headphones have an in-line 3-button remote control for power, Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and phone calls. The remote includes an integrated omnidirectional microphone for phone calls and voice assistant (for Siri, Google Now).
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 16 Ω
- Sensitivity: 99 dB (+/- 3dB at 1 kHz)
- Output: 10mW RMS max (with level limit)
- Driver Size: 6mm
- Dimensions: Ear Bud Diameter 0.53" Depth 0.953"
- Weight: 0.7 ounces
The Jaybird X4 Wireless replaces these items
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- sweat-proof earbuds designed to stay secure while you exercise
- high-energy sound with big bass