About the NOCO G7200
As a member of the Genius Series of portable battery chargers, NOCO's G7200 charges 12- and 24-volt batteries with capacities up to 230 amp-hours in cars, boats, diesel trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and other applications. The G7200 will maintain any size battery, and its four charging modes give you separate options for charging small and large 12-volt, 24-volt, and lithium-ion batteries. Repair mode allows you to recover old, damaged, stratified or sulfated batteries.
Multiple connection modes
The G7200's smart charging system monitors charge level, automatically shutting down to prevent over-charging. The charger is also spark-proof and provides reverse-polarity protection when connecting the battery. Its battery clamps make connecting quick and easy, and the included eyelet connectors allow for a permanent connection for hooking up your charger.
With the GC011 X-Connect 12-volt male plug (sold separately), you can charge vehicles with CANbus electrical systems through the 12-volt accessory port without connecting to the battery. If you want to install your charger in the engine compartment or elsewhere in your vehicle, its IP65 rating means it's dust tight and waterproof, so it'll withstand the elements and keep on charging.
With its multiple modes and connection options, the G7200 charger will keep your battery topped up and your vehicle ready for the road.
- works with all 12- and 24-volt batteries
- maintains charge at normal level indefinitely without over-charging
- spark and reverse polarity protection
- IP65 water and dust resistant
- includes battery clamps and eyelet cables
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # G7200
What's in the box:
- Smart battery charger & maintainer (attached 4.5' DC cable and 6' AC power cord)
- 22" Battery clamps (pre-installed inline 10A fuse)
- 22" Eyelet connector cable (pre-installed inline 10A fuse)
- 4 Screws
- User Guide
- Warranty Information
NOCO G7200 reviews
It saved my lawn mower battery, $75. It saved my $120 Truck battery that had been sitting for over a year. Brought them both back to life. More than worth the money. It paid for itself in the first weekend I used it.
Pros: Saved 2 batteries saved! charges
Cons: None so far.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great charger. Exactly as advertised. My only complaint, and a minor one at that, is that the length of the lead from the battery connection to the plug is not long enough to permanently install through the grille of my truck. Have to pop the hood in order to charge. Not a big deal but would be cool if a bit longer. Still live the charger though.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Product performs well and does what it is advertised to do. I have owned one since 2016 and keep it plugged in and charging a battery on a vehicle that I drive a couple of times a month.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Es un producto de excelencia y muy práctico y de una calidad increíble muy útil y hace el trabajo 100%
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the NOCO G7200
UltraSafe Battery Charger and Maintainer: The Noco Genius G7200 is a portable and automatic battery charger. It can be used for both 12V and 24V lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries. The G7200 is designed for charging cars, boats, RVs, SUVs, diesel trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, lawn mowers, and much more. It also can be used as a battery maintainer to keep both starter and deep-cycle batteries fully charged. It also monitors battery activity for safe and efficient charging without any overcharge. The G7200 is complete with a built-in battery desulfator in order to rejuvenate under-performing batteries. It is suitable for charging battery capacities up to 230 Amp-Hours and maintaining all battery sizes.
Note: Selecting the proper battery charger depends on your needs. Do you need to recharge a dead battery entirely, or just keep a battery at full charge? Battery charging means you need to recharge a dead battery fully, whereas battery maintenance requires a mere trickle charge. Most battery chargers perform both functions, but understanding their limits and the amount of time to recharge depends on the size of the battery and vehicle. The G7200 is designed for charging smaller applications - like a motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, or any lawn and garden equipment. But it's also a perfect battery maintainer for a car, boat, RV or even a truck.
Next Gen Charging Technology: This next generation smart battery charger utilizes the latest advancements in battery charging technology. The Noco G7200 is built on a high-frequency and high-efficiency platform, which converts energy 30,000x faster than traditional automotive battery chargers. It's this efficient use of electricity is what makes Noco chargers not only compact, lightweight, and incredibly portable, but one that minimizes energy consumption and compliant with California Energy Commission regulations.
Intelligent Maintenance Technology: Most manual, automatic or semi-automatic battery chargers continuously trickle charge batteries, making them susceptible to overcharge, which limits battery life. Noco's intelligent battery maintenance technology monitors battery activity and only begins charging when needed, and allows for continuous operation without user intervention and zero risks of overcharging your battery. The charger can be left connected to the battery indefinitely.
Charging Modes: With the Noco Genius G7200, you can simply push of a button to switch between various charging modes within one, complete multi-purpose battery charger. Its even equipped with a progressive repair method for recovering heavily sulfated and weak 12-volt batteries.
- 12V Norm (14.5V/7.2A): For charging 12-volt Wet Cell, Gel Cell, Enhanced Flooded, Maintenance-Free and Calcium batteries (up to 230Ah). When selected, a white LED will illuminate.
- 12V Cold/AGM (14.8V/7.2A): For charging 12-volt batteries (up to 230Ah) in cold temperatures below 50ºF or AGM batteries. When selected, a blue LED will illuminate.
- 12V AGM+ (15.5V/7.2A): For charging 12-volt advanced AGM batteries (up to 230aH), which requires a higher than normal charging voltage. When selected, a blue LED will illuminate
- 12V Lithium (14.2V/7.2A): For charging 12-volt lithium-ion batteries (up to 230Ah), including lithium iron phosphate. When selected, a blue LED will illuminate.
- 24V Norm (29V/3.6A): For charging 24-volt, Wet Cell, Gel Cell, Enhanced Flooded, Maintenance-Free and Calcium batteries (up to 115Ah). When selected, a white LED will illuminate.
- 24V Cold/AGM (29.6V/3.6A): For charging 24-volt batteries in cold temperatures below 50ºF or AGM batteries (up to 115Ah). When selected, a blue LED will illuminate,
- 13.6V Supply (13.6V/5A): Converts to a DC power supply for powering any 12VDC device (Max 6A), like a tire inflator, oil changer, or as a memory retainer when replacing a battery. When selected, a red LED will illuminate.
- 12V Repair (16.5V/1.5A): An advanced battery recovery mode for repairing and storing, old, idle, damaged, stratified or sulfated batteries. When selected, a red LED will illuminate and flash.
- Standby (No Power): In standby mode, the charger is not charging or providing any power to the battery. Energy Save is activated during this mode, drawing microscopic power from the electrical outlet. When selected, an orange LED will illuminate.
Simple User Interface: The Noco G7200 is designed with a simple, easy to understand user interface to make battery charging modes easily selectable, the charging status readily visible, and any charging errors efficiently communicated. From advanced diagnostics to initialization, this advanced battery charging solution keeps you informed at a moments glance. The smart battery goes through 8 charging steps -
- Analyze & Diagnose (Steps 1/2): Checks the battery's initial condition, including voltage, state-of-charge and health, to determine if the battery is stable before charging.
- Recovery & Initialize (Step 3/4): Initializes the Recovery desulfation process (if needed) for deeply discharged or sulfated batteries by pulsing small amounts of current. Initialization starts the charging process with a gentle (soft) charge.
- Bulk & Absorption (Steps 5/6):Begins the Bulk charging process based on the condition of the battery and returns 80% of the battery's capacity. Absorption brings the charge level to 90% by delivering small amounts of current to provide a safe, efficient charge; this limits battery gassing and is essential to prolonging battery life.
- Optimization (Step 7): Finalizes the charging process and brings the battery to maximum capacity. In this step, the charger utilizes multi-layered charging profiles to fully recapture capacity and optimize the specific gravity of the battery for increased run time and performance. The charger will switch to Maintenance if the battery tells the charger that more current is needed.
- Maintenance (Step 8): Continuously monitors the battery to determine when a maintenance charge should be initiated. If the battery voltage falls below its target threshold, the charger will restart the Maintenance cycle until voltage reaches its optimal state and then discontinues the charge cycle. The cycle between Optimization and Maintenance is repeated indefinitely to keep the battery at full charge. The battery charger can be safely left connected indefinitely without the risk of overcharging.
CANbus Enabled: CANbus electrical systems found on BMW, Ducati, Triumph, and Harley-Davidson motorcycles disable the 12-volt charging port when the ignition is off. Recharging requires the ignition to be on, or connected directly to the battery. With CANbus enabled technology, it sends a unique voltage signal that automatically opens, and allows charging through the 12-volt accessory port. Noco's X-Connect 12V dual-size male plug (598GC011, sold separately) is required.
Safety Protection & Advanced Diagnostics: Noco battery chargers are not designed to merely work, but also remain safe after a major failure. Noco built in redundant levels of safety protection for their chargers to keep you and your vehicle safe. It offers protection against reverse polarity, sparks, overcharging, over current, open-circuits, short-circuits, and overheating. The Noco Genius smart battery charger also offers Advanced Diagnostics, which analyzes battery feedback and displays a particular error pattern if a problem is detected. Each LED flash pattern tells you what's wrong, and how to quickly fix it.
- Single Flash: Battery will not hold a charge and should be checked by a professional.
- Double Flash: Possible battery short, and should be verified by a professional.
- Triple Flash: Battery voltage is too high for the selected charge mode. Double check the battery matches the charge mode.
- Error LED Solid Red: Reverse polarity. Reverse the connections to the battery.
- Standby LED Solid Orange: Battery voltage is too low for the battery charger to detect the battery.
Charge LEDs: The charger has four Charge LEDs (25, 50, 75, &100%). This Charge LED indicates the connected battery's state-of-charge (SOC).
- The 25% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 25% fully charged. When the battery is 25% charged, the red Charge LED will be solid.
- The 50% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 50% fully charged. When the battery is 50% charged, the red Charge LED will be solid
- The 75% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 75% fully charged. When the battery is 75% charged, the orange Charge LED will be solid.
- The 100% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 100% fully charged. When the battery is fully charged, the green LED will be solid, and the 25%, 50% and 75% Charge LEDs will turn off.
- During maintenance charging, the 100% Charge LED will pulse slowly. When the battery is topped off and fully charged again, the 100% Charge LED will turn solid green.
Efficient & Compact Design: A mix of electrical engineering and industrial design create a powerful battery charger into a tiny footprint. It's only slightly bigger than the power outlet itself. It uses high-frequency switch-mode technology to efficiency convert A/C power into safe D/C power for battery charging. And it's onboard microcomputer precisely controls the charging to minimize power loss to create an incredibly compact form factor.
Mounting & Installation: The Noco Genius G7200 has four external holes for mounting (screws included). It is important to keep in mind the distance to the battery. The G7200 is outfitted with an attached 6' AC power cord and a 4.5' DC cable. The AC power cord is terminated by a two-prong AC plug, while the 4.5' DC cable is terminated by a Noco proprietary X-Connect terminal. The DC cable plugs into the supplied 22" battery clamps or 22" eyelet (0.25") connector cable. Noco also offers a 10' Extension cable (sold separately). Do not connect the G7200's AC power plug until the battery connections are made.
Note: Check out the Accessories Tab for a full list Noco X-Connect installation accessories.
Rugged Construction w/ 5 Year Warranty: The Noco Genius smart charger is designed for a rugged working environment. It's water, shock, dirt and dust-proof; rated at IP65. Noco battery chargers are built to last. That's why they are backed with a 5 Year Warranty.
Charging Times: The estimated time to charge a battery is shown in the table below. The size of the battery (Ah) and its depth of discharge (DOD) greatly affect its charging time. The charge time is based on an average depth of discharge to a fully charged battery and is for reference purposes only. Actual data may differ due to battery conditions. The time to charge a normally discharged battery is based on a 50% DOD.
|Battery Size (Ah)||Approximate Time to Charge (Hours)|
Battery Voltages: Charges 12-Volt and 24-Volt batteries
Types of Batteries: Suitable for Wet Cell (Flooded), Gel Cell, Calcium, Lithium-Ion, AGM, Enhanced Flooded Battery or any Maintenance-Free Battery
Battery Capacity Range: Ideal for batteries up to 230 Amp-Hours (up to 115 Amp-Hour for 24-Volt); Suitable for maintaining all battery sizes
Efficiency: Approximately 85%
Charging Current: 7.2 Amps (12V), 3.6A (24V)
Power Consumption: 132 Watts (Max)
Voltage AC: 110-120 VAC, 50-60Hz (Input), 85-130 VAC, 50-60Hz (Working)
Low-Voltage Detection: 2V (12V), 14V (24V)
Back Current Drain: <5mA
Cooling: Natural Convection
Operating Temperature: 32°F to +104°F
Dimensions: 11.25" (w) x 2.3125" (h) x 3.75" (d)
Weight: 1.73 lbs
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked