About the NOCO GB50 Boost XL
Keep your options covered
Keep your options covered
At some point, your vehicle will need a jump start. And if you use portable electronic devices, eventually you'll need to charge them when an outlet's not available. NOCO designed their GB50 power pack to solve life's little charging problems. The GB50 portable lithium-ion power pack delivers 1500 amps to jump start your vehicle's battery, and it also features a USB port for charging your mobile devices.
Start your car up to 30 times
The GB50 can start a typical vehicle up to 30 times on one charge. The pack's battery holds its charge level for over a year, and it's rated for over 1500 charge cycles. The GB50 is suitable for jump starting cars, boats, RVs, trucks, and other vehicles with gas engines up to 7 liters and diesel engines up to 4.5 liters. Its patented safety protection ensures spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection, and the newly redesigned battery clamps make it easy to connect to any 12-volt battery.
Portable power pack
The GB50 also works as a portable power pack for recharging portable electronics with the capacity to charge your smartphone up to 6 times, and will also power 12-volt devices such as tire inflators and power inverters. The power pack's microUSB port allows you to charge the GB50 from any USB-powered port like a wall charger, car charger, or laptop.
As well as charging, the GB50 also includes a built-in LED flashlight with seven modes, including SOS and emergency strobe. Its high-output 200-lumen beam will help you see at night, and also serves as a warning light when your vehicle is disabled and needs roadside assistance.
This versatile device is made to meet all your 12-volt needs. Whether your problem is a car that won't start, a phone that needs juice, or a dark corner of your vehicle, this NOCO will give you the power you need.
- portable jump starter and power bank
- includes 40" microUSB cable, 12-volt USB charger, and battery clamps
- lithium-ion battery
- 1500A jump-start current
- starts gas engines up to 7 liters and diesel engines up to 4.5 liters
- jump starts up to 30 times on one charge
- fully recharges itself in as little as 4.5 hours
- charges and powers your 12-volt devices
- LED flashlight
- dimensions: 7-3/4"L x 3-7-16"W x 1-15/16"D
- weight: 1-11/16 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GB50 XL
What's in the box:
- Jump starter
- Positive and negative battery clamps on 8.5" cables terminating into a single 2-pin plug
- 41" USB cable (Type-A to micro-B / 2.0)
- USB Lighter adapter (5V / 2.1A output)
- Microfiber storage bag
- User guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
NOCO GB50 Boost XL reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NOCO GB50 Boost XL
Overview: The NOCO GB50 Boost XL is a portable, lightweight and compact jump starter for 12 volt batteries. The charger's internal lithium-ion battery is rated at 1,500 amps and can safely jump start a dead battery in seconds, with up to 30 jump starts provided on a single charge. Built-in safety features include spark-proof and reverse polarity protection, making it safe for anyone to use. The GB50 can be used with any 12 volt lead-acid battery for gas engines, up to 7 liters, and diesel engines up to 4.5 liters.
USB Charging: The GB50 Boost XL features a built-in USB battery pack for recharging portable devices like cell phones, tablets, and portable media players, and includes 2 USB ports:
- USB In: This micro-B USB port is used for re-charging the internal lithium-ion battery. The GB50 Boost XL can be recharged from a USB powered port, like an AC adapter, car charger, or computer USB port, using the supplied cable. Note: The charging device's USB port must be rated for a 2.1A or higher current draw. Charging time will vary depending on the supply device, but typical times include:
Charger Rating 0.5A 1A 2A Recharge Time 18Hrs. 9Hrs. 4.5Hrs.
- USB Out: This type-A USB port is used for charging personal USB devices, like smartphones, tablets and media players, and can provide up to 6 smartphone charges. The Out port can provide a 5V / 2.1A output.
Low Voltage & Manual Override: The GB50 is designed to jump start 12 volt batteries down to 2 volts. If the battery voltage drops below 2 volts, the Boost LED will be off, indicating that the GB50 cannot detect the battery. In this case, a Manual Override feature can be activated which "forces" the jump starter to function.
Note: When using the Manual Override, the Spark Proof and Reverse Polarity features are disabled. Extreme care should be observed if operating the charger in this mode.
Flashlight: The GB50 Boost XL features an ultra-bright 200 lumen LED flashlight with 7 operational modes: 100% brightness, 50% brightness, 10% brightness, SOS, Blinking, Strobe, and Off.
Protective Case: An optional carry-case (sold separately) is available for storing and protecting the GB50 Boost XL.
Controls and Indicators:
- Power Button: On/Off
- Power LED: Illuminates white when the unit is On.
- Light Mode Button: Toggles the LED flashlight through the 7 light modes.
- Manual Override Button: Pushing and holding this button for 3 seconds manually forces Boost on, disabling the safety protection. This mode should only be used when the battery is too low to be detected.
- Boost LED: Illuminates white when a battery is detected and Boost is active. This happens automatically when the unit is connected to a battery and powered on.
- Error LED: Lights red if reverse polarity is detected.
- Hot LED: Lights solid red if unit is functioning normally, but is approaching the upper temperature limit. The LED will start flashing if the unit is too hot for jump starting.
- Cold LED: Illuminates solid blue if unit is functioning normally, but is approaching the lower temperature limit. Flashes blue if the unit is too cold to jump start.
- Internal Battery Level Meter: A 4-segment LED meter displays the charge level of the internal battery.
- Internal Battery: Lithium-ion
- Peak Current Rating: 1,500A
- Input USB: Micro-B, 5V / 2.1A
- Output USB: Type-A, 5V / 2.1A
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F
- Charging Temperature: 0°F to 104°F
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 122°F
- Housing Protection: IP65 (with ports closed)
- Cooling: Natural convection
- LED Flashlight: 200 Lumens
- Weight: 1.65 lbs.
- Weight (w/ accessories): 2.71 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 8.625", Height - 2.0", Depth - 3.50"